Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anybody here vape? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    I bought one. Went back to smoking after about a week of using it. It just ain't the same.
    ... And now I'm vapin' on my own DIY e-juice with a Seigeli 75w and velocity clone with dual 26/32g claptons as we speak. How times change.

(Original post by IanDangerously)
    No, I'm a smoker not a vaper. I do have a vape pen thing and a few different flavours for it, use it very occasionally but don't really get any enjoyment out of it.
    To be honest, anything that can be described as a 'vape pen' probably won't get somebody who enjoys smoking off cigarettes. Like, it's doable, but doesn't happen that often unless the person really wants to quit (see the post above I made last year). I didn't even really want to quit when I properly entered the world of vaping. It just kinda happened because it's so much better. And I really liked smoking. If you ever want to give vaping a real chance, invest in a decent setup. Like, £50 or so on a Kanger subox starter kit or something.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think this thread would be getting love any time soon, it kinda died a death after barely a page of posts :moon:
    I'm glad it's making a comeback though!

(Original post by frankieboy)
    OP - found this thread on the offchance. I'm necromancing it. Thought you said you were going to bump it regularly?
    I was, but nobody really seemed interested :sad:

Anyway, personally I've been vaping for a while. Currently on the iClear16s - they're not bad.

I love it actually, you can get a great nicotine buzz off it, far superior to any type of tobacco burning. And it's a pure buzz without the other stuff in it foggying it. Very relaxing. No more burning lungs and sore throat. And three times the buzz.

Takes some arseing around with and a bit of time to find equipment you like, but when it delivers, it's great.
    It does take a while to find the one that's right for you, but once you do, it's plain sailing from there on out.
    I think a fair amount of people give up on it A) because of the cost of setting yourself up with a decent kit, and B) because of the amount of research you need to do before you can really get into it.
    Getting one of those little pen vapes serves as a good starting point, but once you've spent some time using a "real" vape then it's kinda hard to go back to those cornershop models.

IMHO this is the ticket to stopping smoking. Socially, I've found it attracts interest and conversation from smokers, and there are already a couple I know that are going to try it.
    It's the way forward. What really annoys me is that the government seems to be set on doing their hardest to ban it, or at the very least try to put out so much regulation that it makes getting exactly what you want nigh-on impossible.

Even the NHS seems to be getting on the bandwagon, but unfortunately the general public fear what they don't understand.
    It's banned on public transport and within certain establishments (coughWetherspoonscough), and I don't really get why. I mean, if someone's got a beasty sub-ohm atty and they're quite literally pumping out clouds that engulf everyone then I get it, but for the average vaper? It's basically nice-smelling (assuming fruit juices) water vapour. There's no second-hand risk at all, and yet everyone seems to be losing their **** over it. It's sad.

It's like switching from MacDonalds burgers to real meat. Takes some getting used to, but far superior.
    Nice analogy :lol:

(Original post by tomknowles94)
    Found this thread about vaping, just wondering if anyone is still active? I have been using a student discount code on Totally Wicked, the code is 'STUDENT'. thought I'd let you guys know!
    Thanks for the tip!

ReputationRep:
    I dunno if vape is any better in terms of health than normal cigs tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm still scared to try haha. I want to stop smoking, not sure if this is the best way.

(Original post by Drunk Punx)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisi97)
    I'm still scared to try haha. I want to stop smoking, not sure if this is the best way.
    It is the best way by far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    It is the best way by far.
    Talking from experience?

ReputationRep:
    Talking from experience?
    Yes. I quit 4 months ago and I haven't even felt the need to smoke whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I quit 4 months ago and I haven't even felt the need to smoke whatsoever.
    How many were you smoking a day? You gonna ditch the vape too? Also, do you fin yourself vaping when you wouldn't normally smoke?

ReputationRep:
    How many were you smoking a day? You gonna ditch the vape too? Also, do you fin yourself vaping when you wouldn't normally smoke?
    I smoked about 20 rollies a day.

No, I might cut down the nicotine content but I enjoy the act of smoking.

When I am at home I smoke it constantly, when I'm at work I smoke it like I would with cigarettes.

ReputationRep:
    I smoked about 20 rollies a day.

No, I might cut down the nicotine content but I enjoy the act of smoking.

When I am at home I smoke it constantly, when I'm at work I smoke it like I would with cigarettes.
    **** man 20 rollies a day? I get told I'm bad for smoking 8 a day (not rollies though). Maybe its an age thing I'm 18 idk. See that's the thing. I don't want to vape when I wouldn't smoke, I want to cut it out eventually. The kit's expensive too right?

ReputationRep:
    ive been vaping now for two years (and about 18 months before that when i went back on the ciggies for awhile) I use a WICKED clearomiser (irish brand) with a Vapros spinner 2 variable battery.

The amount of vapour produced is secondary to me, i need the bite at the back of the throat to get the effect.

ReputationRep:
    **** man 20 rollies a day? I get told I'm bad for smoking 8 a day (not rollies though). Maybe its an age thing I'm 18 idk. See that's the thing. I don't want to vape when I wouldn't smoke, I want to cut it out eventually. The kit's expensive too right?
    It depends on the person really. You don't have to keep using it if you don't want to. You can cut down the nicotine and stop eventually if you want to.

That kit is pretty cheap for what you get. Kanger make some really decent equipment. Although I don't use it.

I have this with one of these tanks. I don't like the feel of the box mods and I have always used Innokin since they started making vapes.

ReputationRep:
    ... And now I'm vapin' on my own DIY e-juice with a Seigeli 75w and velocity clone with dual 26/32g claptons as we speak. How times change.
    The Sigelei 75w is quality :cool:

How do you go about making your own liquid? Someone was talking about that to me ages ago but said he wasn't sure about doing it as he wasn't sure it was that much cheaper than just buying it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    The Sigelei 75w is quality :cool:

How do you go about making your own liquid? Someone was talking about that to me ages ago but said he wasn't sure about doing it as he wasn't sure it was that much cheaper than just buying it.
    It's super easy. All you need is a bottle of VG, some nicotine concentrate, your choice of flavourings from companies like Capella or The Perfumer's Apprentice, and some bottles and measuring syringes. PG is optional. The nic and flavours are suspended in PG so juice usually comes out at about a 75/25 ratio which is perfect for me. I use http://e-liquid-recipes.com/ for recipes. Plus the e-liquid calculator is awesome for making your own. I use www.vapable.com for supplies.

After an initial investment of about £15 or so it works out waaaay cheaper than store bought stuff. Ingredients costs are less than a quid for a 30ml bottle, though in practice it's slightly more since you inevitably end up with leftover flavour concentrates knocking about that you never use. But once you find a few recipes you like this is less of a problem.

ReputationRep:
    It's super easy. All you need is a bottle of VG, some nicotine concentrate, your choice of flavourings from companies like Capella or The Perfumer's Apprentice, and some bottles and measuring syringes. PG is optional. The nic and flavours are suspended in PG so juice usually comes out at about a 75/25 ratio which is perfect for me. I use http://e-liquid-recipes.com/ for recipes. Plus the e-liquid calculator is awesome for making your own. I use www.vapable.com for supplies.

After an initial investment of about £15 or so it works out waaaay cheaper than store bought stuff. Ingredients costs are less than a quid for a 30ml bottle, though in practice it's slightly more since you inevitably end up with leftover flavour concentrates knocking about that you never use. But once you find a few recipes you like this is less of a problem.
    Big up, I'll look into this. I'm assuming VG = Vegetable Glycerine and PG = Propylene Glycol? So what do you do just mix them all together, stick them in a bottle and then you're done?

btw what tank do you use? I only vaped about a month ago, so this is all new to me, pretty much.

As far as flavourings go, best one for me atm is banana milkshake. So good.

ReputationRep:
    A friend had one of these at uni. It was the best thing since sliced bread.
    ****, for nearly £500 I'd expect it to be a lot better than sliced bread!
    I have this which awesome because it doesn't rely on batteries and as a former smoker I have loads of lighter gas hanging about.
    I have a fair amount of butane sitting around.. I don't want to burn it though :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Big up, I'll look into this. I'm assuming VG = Vegetable Glycerine and PG = Propylene Glycol? So what do you do just mix them all together, stick them in a bottle and then you're done?

btw what tank do you use? I only vaped about a month ago, so this is all new to me, pretty much.

As far as flavourings go, best one for me atm is banana milkshake. So good.
    Exactly, just shake and vape. Tastes best after leaving it for a few days, though.

I'm using a Billow v2 nano tank at the mo, it's awesome if you're into building your own coils.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    ****, for nearly £500 I'd expect it to be a lot better than sliced bread!

I have a fair amount of butane sitting around.. I don't want to burn it though :innocent:
    It is well worth the money.

It doesn't burn it. It works like an electric vape but instead of using electricity to heat it, it use a flame like a gas oven.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is well worth the money.

It doesn't burn it. It works like an electric vape but instead of using electricity to heat it, it use a flame like a gas oven.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know how it works, I mean I don't want to burn the butane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I know how it works, I mean I don't want to burn the butane.
    What else do you want to do with it? Huff it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.