Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you a fan of Andy Murray? Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you a fan of Andy Murray?
    Yes
    61.19%
    No
    38.81%

ReputationRep:
    I love Djokovic! :P

ReputationRep:
    have any of you watched sport personality of the year?
    or any episode of mock the week that he has featured in?

He does have a good sense of humour and a good personality. Seriously people he can't help his accent that is what makes him sound boring to people. and to ad to that the reason he always seems rather intense in a post match interview is because of the stupid questions media reporters ask sport stars (ie how did you win today? I scored more points than my opponent. what else are you supposed to say) and he is still in "game mode".

for you people that don't like him because he says he is Scottish before he says he is British this is something the media are at fault of they claim him while he is winning and try to pass him off as soon as he gets beat why would he want anything to do with a nation that only want him while he is winning

seriously get a life people and stop ****ging others just because they don't appeal to your taste

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Oh another sensitive Murray fan. I don't care if federer is greatest of all time or not and he has a god damn reason to be arrogant. Murray is a pusher with a strange forehand and bad temper who bores a lot of people. You wouldn't support Murray if you weren't British.
    Pusher with a strange forehand? What stuff are you on??!! And yes I would support Murray regardless of where he comes from because I like the guy and that inculdes his personality and how he plays. I know it may be hard for you to grasp but some people like introverts who get on with their business and don't act like they are the GOAT when they are not.

ReputationRep:
    Oh another sensitive Murray fan. I don't care if federer is greatest of all time or not and he has a god damn reason to be arrogant. Murray is a pusher with a strange forehand and bad temper who bores a lot of people. You wouldn't support Murray if you weren't British.
    no one ever has a reason to be arrogant in any sport as you are only ever as good as your last game
    especially Federer who has often been the victim of an early round upset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Fan)
    Pusher with a strange forehand? What stuff are you on??!! And yes I would support Murray regardless of where he comes from because I like the guy and that inculdes his personality and how he plays. I know it may be hard for you to grasp but some people like introverts who get on with their business and don't act like they are the GOAT when they are not.
    Murray is a pusher which means that he is the kinda player who likes to play defensive brand of tennis. I don't like pushers.

You seem to be quite sensitive when someone says that they don't like his hero.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, Rafael Nadal for the win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lochender)
    no one ever has a reason to be arrogant in any sport as you are only ever as good as your last game
    I couldn't care less about federers's arrogance. I like him because of the way he plays and federer has made 34 consecutive GS quarterfinals. He is the epitome of consistency.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Was on his knees crying when Federer won Wimbledon in 2012 lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lochender)
    utter *******s

worst phrase in sport

ReputationRep:
    yup, have been for ages, I love watching the tennis & he is a fantastic player, easily the best British/Scottish tennis player for decades as well, don't get the hate tbh, so he's grumpy at times, what human being isn't emotional?

ReputationRep:
    Murray is British when he wins and Scottish when he loses. So typical of fans to judge him like that.

ReputationRep:
    Murray is a pusher which means that he is the kinda player who likes to play defensive brand of tennis. I don't like pushers.

You seem to be quite sensitive when someone says that they don't like his hero.
    So what if he plays defensive? Still a 2 time major winner and Novak and Rafa also rely on their defensive abilities at times to get through matches because you can't play 100mph attacking tennis every shot.

I am sure Federer would be on 20 majors by now if he wasn't so aggressive and built up the defensive aspect of his game. Let's not forget Federer criticised Murray when he burst onto the scene saying he won't win major titles and compete with the big guys as long as he keeps playing defensive tennis, but what Federer failed to realise is that Murray had just turned Pro recently and was fine tuning his game and tactics for the pro tour which is completely different to how he played on the Junior tour.

Also by the way for everyone to know Federer doesn't own Murray, our boy Andy has a winning record against the arrogant swiss player!

ReputationRep:
    As a Brit i am a fan, however he does sometimes come across as arrogant/grumpy and doesn't seem to have a fun vibe around him as shown by Djokovic sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if I replied to this before, but I'll repeat.
    Not a fan of watching him play. I prefer watching everyone else in the top 10 over him, and what makes him even less likeable is his mono-tone, boring voice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Fan)
    So what if he plays defensive? Still a 2 time major winner and Novak and Rafa also rely on their defensive abilities at times to get through matches because you can't play 100mph attacking tennis every shot.

I am sure Federer would be on 20 majors by now if he wasn't so aggressive and built up the defensive aspect of his game. Let's not forget Federer criticised Murray when he burst onto the scene saying he won't win major titles and compete with the big guys as long as he keeps playing defensive tennis, but what Federer failed to realise is that Murray had just turned Pro recently and was fine tuning his game and tactics for the pro tour which is completely different to how he played on the Junior tour.

Also by the way for everyone to know Federer doesn't own Murray, our boy Andy has a winning record against the arrogant swiss player!
    How cares about the H2H? Its the career achievements that matters and Federer is miles ahead of Murray in that department. And thank God Federer isn't a pusher otherwise I would never be a fan of him either.

Like I said before you are sensitive when someone doesn't claim to be a fan of your hero and resort to insulting favourites of other people.

ReputationRep:
    How cares about the H2H? Its the career achievements that matters and Federer is miles ahead of Murray in that department. And thank God Federer isn't a pusher otherwise I would never be a fan of him either.

Like I said before you are sensitive when someone doesn't claim to be a fan of your hero and resort to insulting favourites of other people.
    No,I can accept the fact you don't like Murray so surely I can like and dislike who I please. For the record, I just don't like him, hated him ever since I first saw him in 08 as a 10 year old. I didn't like serial winners in any sport and was delighted every time Nadal gave him a beatdown. It's something about his arrogance/presence the way he talks and walks around the court. Let's not forget in Australia last year he was swearing loudly when playing Murray. Murray heard and fist pumped like a legend. And yes Murray is no angel to on court he often shouts moans and swears, but he can do that he isn't the main light of the Tour, he hasn't got to sell tickets to fans, Federer has to and that for me showed his class - or lack of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Fan)
    No,I can accept the fact you don't like Murray so surely I can like and dislike who I please. For the record, I just don't like him, hated him ever since I first saw him in 08 as a 10 year old. I didn't like serial winners in any sport and was delighted every time Nadal gave him a beatdown. It's something about his arrogance/presence the way he talks and walks around the court. Let's not forget in Australia last year he was swearing loudly when playing Murray. Murray heard and fist pumped like a legend. And yes Murray is no angel to on court he often shouts moans and swears, but he can do that he isn't the main light of the Tour, he hasn't got to sell tickets to fans, Federer has to and that for me showed his class - or lack of it.
    Murray is 10 times worse than Federer is on court. Who cares about whether he is the main attraction or not? That doesn't excuse his petulant behaviour. Federer cried after losing to Nadal in 2009 but Federer has made your hero cry two times. I can see why you don't like him.

ReputationRep:
    When he was a stroppy teen I didn't like him much, but I like him now. He gets a very unfair rep imo. He's a good guy who has a lot of passion for his game, who on his day can beat any player.

ReputationRep:
    Murray is 10 times worse than Federer is on court. Who cares about whether he is the main attraction or not? That doesn't excuse his petulant behaviour. Federer cried after losing to Nadal in 2009 but Federer has made your hero cry two times. I can see why you don't like him.
    First of all Andy Murray is not my hero(Mandela, Obama and Reagan) I'm just a massive fan of his and my favourite tennis idol apart from Arthur Ashe.

Secondly, He may have made Murray cry but you know what it doesn't matter because he's gone onto winning wimby and the us open since then and it's made him stronger. I take great pleasure in the fact and this will hurt you and all the the Federer fans that Murray denied Fed what he wanted most - Olympic Gold. Andy did it at a home games and at SW19 and made sure that brilliant British anthem was played and the Scottish saltire was being hurled in the air all while the arrogant **** of tennis sulked due to not having Olympic singles gold while the GOAT, Nadal has all slams and Singles gold. Now that is why you don't like Murray isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Fan)
    Secondly, He may have made Murray cry but you know what it doesn't matter because he's gone onto winning wimby and the us open since then and it's made him stronger. I take great pleasure in the fact and this will hurt you and all the the Federer fans that Murray denied Fed what he wanted most - Olympic Gold. Andy did it at a home games and at SW19 and made sure that brilliant British anthem was played and the Scottish saltire was being hurled in the air all while the arrogant **** of tennis sulked due to not having Olympic singles gold while the GOAT, Nadal has all slams and Singles gold. Now that is why you don't like Murray isn't it?
    I've never liked Murray. The first time I've seen him play back in 2007 I didn't like him. And you bring up the Olympic gold match like it means much. Federer has defeated Murray in three slam finals. 3 slams is greater than 1 Olympic gold medal in tennis. Heck even one slam means more to tennis players than winning a gold medal.

Btw how are you finding the current season? It must be tough as a Murray fan.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.