Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2014 TSR British GP Fantasy F1 Comp! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    Not looking so silly now, huh? :P
    Nope, looks fairly decent. Althoguh he'll still have to get past Vettel. (Assuming Hamilton blasts past them both)

(Original post by All-in)
    You can always count on Maldonaldo! With this atypical grid, I think we might have a few overtaking attempts going sour. Also, I think it will be a miracle if the two Saubers will be able to finish the race :rolleyes:
    That's true. Watching Alo/Rai/MAS/BOT cut through the field will be awesome until they smash up cars on the way past. WE'll also have the Marussia going backwards from 12th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    Not looking so silly now, huh? :P
    http://badgergp.com/2014/07/vintage-...ton-five-best/

What do you reckon? Agree with the list?

Canada 2011 was awesome. With changeable conditions a possibility tomorrow it could be another JB masterclass.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Username: Mccrae01

First place: Hamilton
    Second place: Vettel
    Third Place: Hulkenberg

Number of finishers: 16

Laptime of Fastest lap of the race: 1 :37. 486

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Nope, looks fairly decent. Althoguh he'll still have to get past Vettel. (Assuming Hamilton blasts past them both)

That's true. Watching Alo/Rai/MAS/BOT cut through the field will be awesome until they smash up cars on the way past. WE'll also have the Marussia going backwards from 12th.
    Heh, slim chance of any overtaking points from the Maurissia's today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Username: Prandtl

Third Place: Button

Laptime of Fastest lap of the race: 1:36.001

:cool:

Edit: Didn't realise Mccrae01 had same podium so changed
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccrae01)
    Username: Mccrae01

Third Place: Hulkenberg

Laptime of Fastest lap of the race: 1 :37. 486
    :beard:

you reckon Rosberg won't be on the podium?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    Username: Prandtl

Third Place: Button

Laptime of Fastest lap of the race: 1:36.001

:cool:

Edit: Didn't realise Mccrae01 had same podium so changed
    You can have the same podium. That's why we have the tiebreakers.

You're both crazy though. Where is rosberg?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can have the same podium. That's why we have the tiebreakers.

You're both crazy though. Where is rosberg?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mechanical failure hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    Mechanical failure hopefully.
    Interesting, so you went for what you hope will happen, not the most likely outcome?

I prefer to go for the rosberg win on the prediction games so then if he wins i'm still a bit happy and if he loses i'm also happy. Yours is more of an all or nothing style approach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    :beard:

you reckon Rosberg won't be on the podium?
    :eek2: That's exactly what i thought... :holmes:

Unless someone rams into him or he has a TERRIBLE pitstop or mechanical failure he'll be able to just control the whole race from the front...
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    :eek2: That's exactly what i thought... :holmes:

Unless someone rams into him or he has a TERRIBLE pitstop or mechanical failure he'll be able to just control the whole race from the front...
    He's definitely likely to have an average start if you look back at the starts he's made this season. Hamilton has been much better off the line and tbf I expect him to clear the other cars infront of him with ease. He might have trouble though getting past Hulkenberg maybe. Alot of straights and overtaking opportunities at Silverstone :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, so you went for what you hope will happen, not the most likely outcome?

I prefer to go for the rosberg win on the prediction games so then if he wins i'm still a bit happy and if he loses i'm also happy. Yours is more of an all or nothing style approach.
    Yeah, I guess I'd rather have a prediction being in line with what I'd like to happen. Don't want to end up cheering Rosberg

ReputationRep:
    He's definitely likely to have an average start if you look back at the starts he's made this season. Hamilton has been much better off the line and tbf I expect him to clear the other cars infront of him with ease. He might have trouble though getting past Hulkenberg maybe. Alot of straights and overtaking opportunities at Silverstone :beard:

Yes but an average start against Vettel /Button is fine. If Hamilton was alongside him i'd agree he could easily be beaten in T1 but not from 6th...

I reckon after 3 laps it will be Ros, Vet, HAM and it'll end up ROS, HAM, VET as he'll get past vettel after a while but by that time Rosberg will have a 5 second lead he can just maintain to the end.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yes but an average start against Vettel /Button is fine. If Hamilton was alongside him i'd agree he could easily be beaten in T1 but not from 6th...

I reckon after 3 laps it will be Ros, Vet, HAM and it'll end up ROS, HAM, VET as he'll get past vettel after a while but by that time Rosberg will have a 5 second lead he can just maintain to the end.
    lol im really hoping Hulk can get past Rosberg and hold him up a little! I just want a duel between ham and rosberg again like in bahrain!

ReputationRep:
    lol im really hoping Hulk can get past Rosberg and hold him up a little! I just want a duel between ham and rosberg again like in bahrain!
    How is overtaking here?

Iirc it's tough on the hanger straight due to fast corners beforehand meaning it's hard to stay close in the dirty air.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    How is overtaking here?

Iirc it's tough on the hanger straight due to fast corners beforehand meaning it's hard to stay close in the dirty air.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    compared to Austria at least, overtaking is good

ReputationRep:
    compared to Austria at least, overtaking is good
    :five:Hamilton has a chance then.

Down the main straight or hanger or into that tight left,right between them?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    :five:Hamilton has a chance then.

Down the main straight or hanger or into that tight left,right between them?
    not so much the pit straight, thinking more the hanger straight and the straight after the arena complex!

ReputationRep:
    not so much the pit straight, thinking more the hanger straight and the straight after the arena complex!

Well it looks dry which is good for the mercs. Rain may have helped lewis come through a bit though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccrae01)
    Space reserved until after quali
    Only 30 minutes left! Hurry up and get your actual predictions in! (Unless they're later and i missed them)

(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Username: Kenan and Kel

Second place: Rosberg
    Third Place: Ricciardo

Number of finishers: 18

Laptime of Fastest lap of the race: 1:36.892

Still reckon Hamilton top when he's starting down in 6th? You have 30 mins to change it if you want...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.