Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Is Matt)
    This house can be improved by having cross party boards and committees for things. Have a stronger like with MUN too. Negotiations with American college websites to implement a similar thing with Congress could work. Imagine that, international virtual politics It's either extremely sad or extremely brilliant.
    Nice, what is the website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryptographic)
    What Rakas said . No problem.
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The TSR Tories are certainly more liberal on the whole but economically we're as far right as you'd expect.
    It's a deal then. We will borrow your most right-wing people please. Bun should have a say but I haven't seen him around today, nor yesterday come to think of it so it can be done behind his back

Ah okay. You're all Kenneth Clarke's then. I always thought so.... :rofl:

(Original post by Will95206)
    Nice, what is the website?
    The very unimaginatively named www.student.com.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Under the correct leadership UKIP can start to succeed again. With bun as our leader and a deputy leader to be appointed soon hopefully we will be back on track ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Under the correct leadership UKIP can start to succeed again. With bun as our leader and a deputy leader to be appointed soon hopefully we will be back on track ASAP
    It's been a week and we don't have a deputy leader, party direction and still have ten pages of clutter. It's not good enough. Where is Bun these days anyway?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mechie)
    To be honest, I hardly remember the mock EU election. Totally meaningless. We need to make sure that elections are big events in the house calendar, rather than having one every 5 minutes.
    I agree and limiting the number of MPs might also reduce by-elections taking us back to elections being big events.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    So we're holding a by-election for one seat, to replace an MP who it would seem never took his seat. What's the problem folks?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It's a deal then. We will borrow your most right-wing people please. Bun should have a say but I haven't seen him around today, nor yesterday come to think of it so it can be done behind his back

Ah okay. You're all Kenneth Clarke's then. I always thought so.... :rofl:

The very unimaginatively named www.student.com.
    Since their not dual members and we have our by-election candidate it doesn't really matter how far right they are if they vote for your bills. If he's not back tomorrow I'll get onto it with Qwertish though I suppose LP has the administrative power (I don't as I chose not to keep a position in the leadership when I departed office).

Not really. More an economically component Osbourne or non corrupt Hunt. Though we do have a large spread.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I agree and limiting the number of MPs might also reduce by-elections taking us back to elections being big events.
    They are big events.

ReputationRep:
    Since their not dual members and we have our by-election candidate it doesn't really matter how far right they are if they vote for your bills. If he's not back tomorrow I'll get onto it with Qwertish though I suppose LP has the administrative power (I don't as I chose not to keep a position in the leadership when I departed office).
    True, but it's so much nicer to start drawing something up and not having someone even mildly left-leaning interfering trying to water it down. The watering down comes after the main principle has been communicated. Haha. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    True, but it's so much nicer to start drawing something up and not having someone even mildly left-leaning interfering trying to water it down. The watering down comes after the main principle has been communicated. Haha. Cheers
    There are such a wide range of Tory members, you would most probably not be happy with me (quite central), but there are certainly members which agree with the vast majority of UKIP policies. However the way Rakas suggested is the quickest, smoothest and most effective method of doing it.

ReputationRep:
    They are big events.
    Did you get my PM? Who is your leader I should see about that?

There are such a wide range of Tory members, you would most probably not be happy with me (quite central), but there are certainly members which agree with the vast majority of UKIP policies. However the way Rakas suggested is the quickest, smoothest and most effective method of doing it.
    We are a tolerant bunch. We just prefer more closely minded people The basis we work on is "no one is ever wrong, they are just think differently."

ReputationRep:
    Obiejess has gone quiet recently, will try and see what she says. James222 is a fairly new member, so he does deserve a bit of slack. Couple of members on 50% isn't ideal either.

Obviously it depends how your party is doing, but I agree with Mechie that these constant elections are probably a big reason why many members lose interest.

This house can be improved by having cross party boards and committees for things. Have a stronger like with MUN too. Negotiations with American college websites to implement a similar thing with Congress could work. Imagine that, international virtual politics It's either extremely sad or extremely brilliant.
      Morgsie? :holmes:

He's on holiday for two weeks I think.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by tehFrance)
        He's on holiday for two weeks I think.
        Oh, jolly!

(Original post by tehFrance)
        Morgsie? :holmes:
        Why is it I think of the ski resort chalet in Val d'Isère? (is my French correct? You usually correct us all... :lol: )
        • Community Assistant
        • Wiki Support Team
        • Political Ambassador
        • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
        Please God, no more committees. They honestly don't work on here.

(Original post by That Bearded Man)
        Obviously it depends how your party is doing, but I agree with Mechie that these constant elections are probably a big reason why many members lose interest.
        This is the third election we've had this term - the GE, the mock EU election and this by-election. We definitely need to find a solution to this because you're right, these constant elections are why people are losing interest.
        • Community Assistant
        • Wiki Support Team
        • Political Ambassador
        • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
        Oh, jolly!
        Surely he's told you though? Perhaps Jarred could sort it out while he's away?

EDIT: Scrap that. I thought that it was strange that he'd not said anything. I've seen him lurking in the forum.

ReputationRep:
        Please God, no more committees. They honestly don't work on here.

This is the third election we've had this term - the GE, the mock EU election and this by-election. We definitely need to find a solution to this because you're right, these constant elections are why people are losing interest.
        How about instead of blaming anything and everything, pinpoint specific things. Then use evidence, if there is no evidence, then collect it.
        • Community Assistant
        • Wiki Support Team
        • Political Ambassador
        • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
        How about instead of blaming anything and everything, pinpoint specific things. Then use evidence, if there is no evidence, then collect it.
        As someone who is very reform-minded, I'm surprised that you're not actually helping us to build a consensus for reform.

ReputationRep:
        As someone who is very reform-minded, I'm surprised that you're not actually helping us to build a consensus for reform.
        I have proposed my ideas for voting reviews. However since we are so focused on fixing problems. I would like to see if anybody has any idea where it specifically comes from, then we can address that one specific thing. Improving and fixing are two very different thing. So far I have focused on improving, and you are talking about fixing.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2014
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.