Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why is there so much injustice in the world? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtelling)
    It doesn't change the fact that 2 million violent crimes take place every year. That decent, ordinary people, still have to endure levels of crime that would have been unimaginable just a few decades ago.

But it not just crime. Its the trash popular culture. Its the dumbed down society. Its the breakdown of values and binding tradition. Its the atomisation and deracination of the individual. Its the urbanisation of the living environment. Its the hyper materialistic, consumerist mindset. Its the corporatist, capitalist economy which sees people not as human beings, but interchangeable economic units.....

Basically, what i am suggesting is that if you want to escape this, you are not going to have much luck trying to change it. All you can do is remove yourself from it and start again.
    I agree that the things you are talking about are impossible to remove other than by the willing choice of all people concerned. But I disagree that they are all bad. I see nothing wrong with consumer culture for example. But I do see something wrong with a dumbed down society.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly a lot of people make a **** tonne of money from inequality.

Secondly we have constructed a pyramidal and hierarchical society which not only facilitates but encourages tyranny, division and exploitation of the large majority of people by the few.

Thirdly, over the last couple of decades the general population has been far too passive in the gradual erosion of their liberties to a point know where they have been convinced that by changing the faces of those in power between the functionally identikit 'leaders' instead of accepting the reality that drastic and expansive changes are needed to get even the smallest resemblance of significant change.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.