Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I went to one earlier this year (May or sometime around then) and absolutely loved it too. My #1 choice for entry!

ReputationRep:
    I thought I wanted to stay in London but Notts is definitely my first choice now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you have to get higher than the cut off or is cut off ok? How did people find the gamsat this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think cut off and above is what it is, at least I assume so.

So for example last year was 64 for 2:2, 64+ would be fine, 63 and less would not. But I can't say for certain.

I found S1 harder than in practise, but so it seems like a lot of others did too. Felt S2 was strong for me and feel happier with my S3 then I expected to.

I hope everyone gets the results they need!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    I think cut off and above is what it is, at least I assume so.

So for example last year was 64 for 2:2, 64+ would be fine, 63 and less would not. But I can't say for certain.

I found S1 harder than in practise, but so it seems like a lot of others did too. Felt S2 was strong for me and feel happier with my S3 then I expected to.

I hope everyone gets the results they need!
    ye i get you. i found S3 a lot harder, and a lot of threads ive read people found S3 really tough. So maybe youre in look then! S2 felt ok but its hard to guess a score cos its like subjective.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all this week when the GAMSAT results are released

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I have updated the first post with an FAQ section, and made additions to the Updates section too.

I would like the thread to be written by applicants for applicants, so please let me know if there are any changes you would like to make.

MiloMilo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any one else have a mini heart attack when the email came through from Nottingham 10 minutes ago with the cut off scores on them? How did everyone do in the GAMSAT in the end?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I remember someone posting the previous years GAMSAT cuts off for Notts, not just last years but i can’t for the life of me find it again. Does anyone have this info as I’m keen to see how much the cutoffs have changed over the years. I have a score of 60 and I’m just wondering if there is a chance that the cutoff could increase this year. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nug)
    Hey guys. I remember someone posting the previous years GAMSAT cuts off for Notts, not just last years but i can’t for the life of me find it again. Does anyone have this info as I’m keen to see how much the cutoffs have changed over the years. I have a score of 60 and I’m just wondering if there is a chance that the cutoff could increase this year. Cheers
    Email that just came through said it is being set at 61 for anyone with a 2.1 Bsc/undergraduate masters equivalent and 66 for 2.2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TranquilRawr)
    Email that just came through said it is being set at 61 for anyone with a 2.1 Bsc/undergraduate masters equivalent and 66 for 2.2.
    Thanks. Havent received the email and now very disappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nug)
    Thanks. Havent received the email and now very disappointed
    There has been a few who have said they have not received the email yet which is a bit strange. :/

Do you have any other options left? Only takes one interview and offer so don't abandon hope yet!

ReputationRep:
    No email from this side yet either

Have you calculated both ways Nug? Notts also use the alternative method & so do SGUL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TranquilRawr)
    There has been a few who have said they have not received the email yet which is a bit strange. :/

Do you have any other options left? Only takes one interview and offer so don't abandon hope yet!
    I have an interview at Newcastle and still waiting to hear back from Kings and Warwick but Notts was my first choice. I had honestly thought I didnt have a chance post GAMSAT. But when I got my results this morning, hope was cruelly restored only to be shattered a few hours later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nug)
    I have an interview at Newcastle and still waiting to hear back from Kings and Warwick but Notts was my first choice. I had honestly thought I didnt have a chance post GAMSAT. But when I got my results this morning, hope was cruelly restored only to be shattered a few hours later
    Might be worth waiting Nug (sorry to be a bit stalkerish) but equally weighted you have a 60.67 - might want to see if they round that up

ReputationRep:
    Email has finally turned up sent at 9.29 and received just now so I guess their server is struggling to keep up with demand:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your application to study (A101) Graduate Entry Medicine (GEM) at the University of Nottingham.

The GAMSAT scores for 2015 have been set at 61 for applicants with a 2:1 honours degree or above (including Masters or above)and 66 for applicants with a 2:2 honours degree. You will also need to meet the section cut off scores; a minimum of 55 in section 2, 55 in section 1 or 3 and 50 in the remaining section.

Please note we are experiencing high call volume and we ask you do not contact the office at this time.

Kind Regards

ReputationRep:
    Booooo looks like I'm out, all the best to the rest of you being interviewed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M150)
    Might be worth waiting Nug (sorry to be a bit stalkerish) but equally weighted you have a 60.67 - might want to see if they round that up
    Yes Im now praying they will round up when they calculate the equal weighted score

Has anyone had any experience of this in the past?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a stupid question but my overall is 61, does that mean I'm being considered or not?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Men)
    Sounds like a stupid question but my overall is 61, does that mean I'm being considered or not?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Provided you meet all other criteria you've scraped in congrats

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.