Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who do you want to see in the final? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Not even.

I just think that most of the top teams have played **** this tournament, the underdogs have done well tbf, but it's not great football I'm witnessing, or moments of brilliance. I'd carry on watching Chelsea matches(who I support) if I wanted to watch a team just run around for 90mins, stay solid in defence and get one goal to defend.

Like I've said many times, the top international teams are generally terrible in comparison to the teams that their club play for. There are exceptions. This leads to crap football from the bigger international teams, which I'm disappointed about. Italy haven't even been a joke team. They got cheated by the ref. Belgium won every game in their group, Argentina are in the semis despite every team parking the bus against them. Brazil have been poor the whole tournament though and Spain obviously were terrible as were England and Portugal.

Btw, Colombia have been the most interesting team to watch, I like them a lot. Belgium are boring to watch, but tbh their team isn't as great as people make it out to be. That team wouldn't even get top 6 in the prem and they've been shoehorning the big name players(although Lukaku got dropped) to fit a system.
    Italy have been poor by their standards. They got convincingly beat by Costa Rica. Yes, they were very unlucky to get knocked out, but they still have been poor considering they won it in 2006.

No moments of brilliance? Yeah, cos James Rodriguez's goal vs Uruguay was pretty standard wasn't it? Oh and his dink vs Japan was nothing special. Not to mention how standard Jermain Jones' goal vs Portugal was. And not great football? Did you even watch Costa Rica vs Uruguay? Costa Rica played class football - all 3 goals were well worked and involved great finishing. Mexico have also been playing great attacking football this worldcup.

You sound like you've watch literally none of the games this world cup, especially those involving the underdogs.

ReputationRep:
    I won't be watching the World Cup final now that Fred won't be in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scratchyjam)
    Italy have been poor by their standards. They got convincingly beat by Costa Rica. Yes, they were very unlucky to get knocked out, but they still have been poor considering they won it in 2006.

No moments of brilliance? Yeah, cos James Rodriguez's goal vs Uruguay was pretty standard wasn't it? Oh and his dink vs Japan was nothing special. Not to mention how standard Jermain Jones' goal vs Portugal was. And not great football? Did you even watch Costa Rica vs Uruguay? Costa Rica played class football - all 3 goals were well worked and involved great finishing. Mexico have also been playing great attacking football this worldcup.

You sound like you've watch literally none of the games this world cup, especially those involving the underdogs.
    :rolleyes:

I said that Colombia have been the most interesting team to watch at the world cup and you mention the goal of a colombian player just to suit your point and ignore what I've actually said.

Costa rica in the first game got a goal and just sat back deep and picked them off on the counter, it wasn't class football, it was down to Uruguay being utterly incapable of breaking a team down without Luis Suarez, which is what you expect from a midfield with Gargano and Rios in it.

Also, put in the standard line of did you watch the game? I've pretty much watched every game bar three this whole tournament. That being Nigeria vs Iran, France vs Ecuador and Mexico vs Croatia.

Mexico sat deep as posssible vs Holland, got their goal and parked the plane while Holland got as jammy as possible to win. Yeah that's great attacking football. They did play attacking football vs Brazil though tbf and I didn't watch the croatia game.

ReputationRep:
    Deffo germany holland

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    :rolleyes:

I said that Colombia have been the most interesting team to watch at the world cup and you mention the goal of a colombian player just to suit your point and ignore what I've actually said.

Costa rica in the first game got a goal and just sat back deep and picked them off on the counter, it wasn't class football, it was down to Uruguay being utterly incapable of breaking a team down without Luis Suarez, which is what you expect from a midfield with Gargano and Rios in it.

Also, put in the standard line of did you watch the game? I've pretty much watched every game bar three this whole tournament. That being Nigeria vs Iran, France vs Ecuador and Mexico vs Croatia.

Mexico sat deep as posssible vs Holland, got their goal and parked the plane while Holland got as jammy as possible to win. Yeah that's great attacking football. They did play attacking football vs Brazil though tbf and I didn't watch the croatia game.
    So you watch one Mexico game vs Holland and conclude that Mexico didn't great attacking football all tournament? Anyway, after going 1-0 up against Holland, who have a very strong attacking force, playing defensive is a very sensible option. So who can blame them? Which reminds me, did you see Dos Santos' goal that game? No moments of brilliance my arse.

And the Mexico vs Croatia game was a perfect example of Mexico's attacking capabilities. So how can you sit there and criticise Mexico of being defensive when you haven't even watched all their games?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.