Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do immigrants hate the 'white British' people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've never witnessed this attitude and my entire family is immigrants (my Dad's parents are Asian, my Mum's Brazilian).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The UK is very permissive. The police just allow immigrants to have massive rallies, outright saying that they hate the country and this country should covert to their religion. In another European country, they would all be arrested and potentially deported for hate speech against the country. But the UK is all like "we love refugees and immigrants. We allow free speech." This country is like a cuddly toy compared to other countries.

It doesn't make any sense to us, but to them, a lot of them had to leave their country and move to this one, even when they didn't want to. They don't like being in another country; they would rather be in their own. However, I do not understand why they would hate us, especially as they get housed, fed and get health care here. I think immigrants that spout hate speech against the UK and British people should be deported. They don't deserve our safety and help if they're going to **** on it. They would be limited to where they could go then, because it seems every European country except ours, is really strict on immigrants and will not deal with the **** that they deal out here.

However, I know there are immigrants who are very grateful and they love the country and start to identify as British themselves and I think they're the majority.

(Original post by imtelling)
    Immigrants come to the UK, and all they seem to do is complain and spew out racist diatribes against the majority population.

Why?

White British people give these immigrants safe haven from the backwards, poverty stricken countries they emigrated from, yet all they do is complain.

As a white person of immigrant descent, i do notice this racist attitude among other white immigrants, but, it's much more prevalent amongst non-white immigrants.

Seems to me that Britain is a weak and permissive place, and no one really respects it, or it's people. They just treat it like a doormat.

Another analogy which I have been thinking about, is that immigrants are like teenagers; angry and bitter towards the parents who supply them with a roof over their head and food on the table.

You would think immigrants would be happy to be here. I guess it's just human nature to be bitter and angry, even towards those who help you out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.