Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey! I work in a restaurant as a waitress and there's this man who works in the kitchen and he creeps me out! My first few weeks he didn't say anything to me but for the past 2-3 months every time I work (once a week) he makes remarks at me that I find uncomfortable and creepy! The things he has said to me are:

- your hair looks very nice today
    - your pretty
    - hows your boyfriend
    - do you have a boyfriend
    - I'm not hitting on you honest
    - You're very beautiful
    - How old are you?
    - What do you do in college?

People said he's just trying to make conversation but its creepy the way he smiles at me like a clown and just stands there and stares at me!

The other kitchen staff has said things to him like "*name* she's way out your league mate"

He's also got this consistent question of "how is Dave*" and I have no clue who this Dave* is but he asks me constantly and when I tell him I have no idea who he is he goes "okay, well tell him I said hi" WTF!

The things he asks just makes me feel uncomfortable and creeps me out! Is this normal for a man to say this to me? He's about 40-55 in age (I have no idea!) and I'm a 17 year old girl! Am I over reacting about this and he's just being friendly or does this seem creepy to others?

* - Name has been changed
    OP, that is NOT appropriate at all. Sorry to hear that this is going on.

Keep a record (like write down in a Word document on your computer or something) what's going on. Try to get some evidence, if you're allowed to have your mobile on you for example you can sneakily record what he's saying using an audio recording app.

Ask to speak to your manager/one of the higher ups about it. If they don't take it seriously, I'd question whether you even want to be working there.

(Original post by Neckbeard Fedora)
    OP, that is NOT appropriate at all. Sorry to hear that this is going on.

Keep a record (like write down in a Word document on your computer or something) what's going on. Try to get some evidence, if you're allowed to have your mobile on you for example you can sneakily record what he's saying using an audio recording app.

Ask to speak to your manager/one of the higher ups about it. If they don't take it seriously, I'd question whether you even want to be working there.
    Thankyou for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's creepy.

Start dressing as badly as possible, put on weight and have a bad haircut and you will start repelling men.

ReputationRep:
    Poor Dave. I feel for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    You don't know who Dave is? I'm not impressed.
    Everyone knows a Dave. The OP is clearly not telling the full story.

(Original post by MJ1012)
    Everyone knows a Dave. The OP is clearly not telling the full story.
    I've changed the name of the man the kitchen man was asking about to Dave as I didn't want to reveal the name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey! I work in a restaurant as a waitres
    1) What is the mans nationality?

2) Address the owner of the restaurant or the man himself and tell him you do not tolerate bs.

Or even better get your father to pick you up from work one day so he knows you have a male figure around...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.