Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask a Sri lankan girl anything! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slk4ever)
    Are you the kind of tamil gir that only like white guys?

Why don't you talk to your relatives?
    I'm a guy!! xD, and I don't know, I just never really developed much of a relationship with them. Also, I'd love some tamil/sinhalese friends, but I just haven't had the opportunity to find any, there weren't any at my college/school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeeranB)
    I'm a guy!! xD, and I don't know, I just never really developed much of a relationship with them. Also, I'd love some tamil/sinhalese friends, but I just haven't had the opportunity to find any, there weren't any at my college/school.
    Oh yeah sorry bro xd ,since I left France ,there are no Sri lankan Tamils in my area so I know how you feel^^,.

ReputationRep:
    I was born In France both of my parents are Sri lankans ,and I can speak Tamil fluently,I don't know why but in the UK Tamil are whitewashed,like most of them are ashamed of their origins,while in France,we can speak both Tamil and French fluently,don't you speak in Tamil with your parents?
    Hey...tamil here too!
    Just to say we're not "whitewashed"...I speak tamil and it's the language I learned first! Depending on where you live, there are SO many tamil schools full of tamil speaking kids!! I think tamils integrated quite well in the UK as well (not to say we didn't in other places) but I hate it when immigrants form a tight knit group in a specific area and only go around speaking in their own language. So just to say I wouldnt call it "whitewashed!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tealover96)
    Hey...tamil here too!
    Just to say we're not "whitewashed"...I speak tamil and it's the language I learned first! Depending on where you live, there are SO many tamil schools full of tamil speaking kids!! I think tamils integrated quite well in the UK as well (not to say we didn't in other places) but I hate it when immigrants form a tight knit group in a specific area and only go around speaking in their own language. So just to say I wouldnt call it "whitewashed!"
    A OK Sri lankan tamils are well integrated everywhere in the world,we are 'refereed as economical immigrants in Canada'.

You hate it???Everyone is like that we are better within our own people.

When I was in France I used to speak Tamil with my Tamil friends like that people could not understand what we were saying,same in England but I can speak both French and English.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about this guy Slk4ever

ReputationRep:
    I used to interact with graduate Tamil students from London . Most of them can speak Tamil with English words....

They speak Tanglish loooooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest

Do you think ethnic indians/Pakistanis/southeast asians on general etc will within our lifetime be socially and economically forced to return to the land if our ancestors?

ReputationRep:
    Do you go to a single sex school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaang)
    Do you think ethnic indians/Pakistanis/southeast asians on general etc will within our lifetime be socially and economically forced to return to the land if our ancestors?
    I don't understand your question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Do you go to a single sex school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes

ReputationRep:
    Are you career oriented?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand your question.
    Will they be forced to to return by creating a hostile climate against them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaang)
    Will they be forced to to return by creating a hostile climate against them?
    Return where?

Can you retype this because I don't get it!

ReputationRep:
    Why are you racist? Name:  1404774239079.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  19.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Return where?

Can you retype this because I don't get it!
    Country where their ancestors originate from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaang)
    Country where their ancestors originate from
    They are already in India lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    Why are you racist? Name:  1404774239079.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  19.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    They are already in India lol.
    The ones that are here you silly bugger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaang)
    The ones that are here you silly bugger
    No lol

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of Tony Blair?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.