Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really down about being a bit naughty at university Watch

ReputationRep:
    Nice wife you'll make someday... By the way if you didn't get it from the ellipsis I was being sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael!)
    No. Not every girl does it. I know a few but not many. If you want to sleep around at uni then nobody is stopping you. If you can hold your head up high at the end of the day, then more power to you!
    Actually more power to the males. More women hanging loose more males being satisfied. But its a lot more tact laying the "you go girl" crap then admitting self interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    It's just a number and nothing special in this day and age.

Were you raised with 'traditional family values' or something?
    Ye I mean studies correlating high number of sexual partners with future long term relationship dysfunction are just meh, right? Just numbers love, don't give a damn about "traditional family values" that have been the spine of western civilisation. Live and let live!

ReputationRep:
    There's no problem with being a slut, you're free to enjoy the experience. Just don't lie about your promiscuity or manipulate a good, intelligent guy for his wallet when you see your biological clock is ticking and need someone to take care of your fatherless child

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Till234)
    Does every girl do it? My number is not that bad I just feel awful because im just over 10 and I'm 21?
    Why keep count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gray Wolf)
    Ye I mean studies correlating high number of sexual partners with future long term relationship dysfunction are just meh, right? Just numbers love, don't give a damn about "traditional family values" that have been the spine of western civilisation. Live and let live!
    Except, there are no such studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    Except, there are no such studies.
    Just hang in there for my reply (it will take me a while as at the moment I am studying), which will have all the truths, that you so wish to bury away.

ReputationRep:
    Just hang in there for my reply (it will take me a while as at the moment I am studying), which will have all the truths, that you so wish to bury away.
    If you were planning to come back to me with that one discredited study from the hyper-religious guy in america, keep looking.

am guessing I won't be hearing from you again...

ReputationRep:
    If you were planning to come back to me with that one discredited study from the hyper-religious guy in america, keep looking.

am guessing I won't be hearing from you again...
    I am thinking about coming back to you with many credible studies from non-hyper religious people. Maybe you should see the studies first before making an offhand comment. What you are doing isn't doing much for that fake aura of positivism I see from people like you.

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking about coming back to you with many credible studies from non-hyper religious people. Maybe you should see the studies first before making an offhand comment. What you are doing isn't doing much for that fake aura of positivism I see from people like you.
    There are none, I've already read every mainstream study and none of them find a correlation.

This has already been discussed to death on other threads.

ReputationRep:
    I had a wild time in my second year of Uni after getting dumped it's no biggie. As long as you stay safe and are happy fair play to you.

ReputationRep:
    There are none, I've already read every mainstream study and none of them find a correlation.

This has already been discussed to death on other threads.
    If so you have nought to fear.
    Also it would be very kind of you if you could link in these mainstream studies that have looked at the link between premarital sex and number of premarital sexual partners to long-term marital function.

Thanks =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    There are plenty of girls at your uni looking for fun already

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd quite like to destroy OP.

ReputationRep:
    Literally no idea how many people i have slept with...no one has died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fnatic NateDestiel)

6.02*10^23/(60*60*24*365*21)=9.09*10^14. So about 9*10^14 amount of sex per second.

Assumptions:

1. Letting the number of days in a year = 365, disregarding 365 and a quarter, and 366(leap year).

2. The girls you are talking about are perfectly aged 21.

Let 9*10^14 = x, and as x approaches 0, sex will tend to infinity(a vertical asymptote if virginity lost at 16) since the girls you are talking about have already lost their v-card, that means that you would get negative sex, which cannot occur.

I call bs.

Only TSR could come up with having sex - to lead to a maths discussion

ReputationRep:
    Yup, not too fussed with worthless 'studies'. After all the first introduction to logic and enlightenment for most is the simple saying: 'Correlation does not equate causation'.

Fact is that numbers alone mean nothing. So what if the OP slept with 10 guys in uni? **** me, completely worthless to all men amirite?

Get real son! 2014, if anyone can't handle the number of partners of a potential partner then boo-hoo. Relationships should be built on compatibility of character and chemistry, not the hang-ups of guys with inferiority complexes and pre-conceived out-dated notions of what makes a woman 'valid'.
    Fact is if a guy kicks off over a girl's 'number' then she should be glad to have dodged that bullet.

also FYI I'd say individualism, free agency and all that have been the broad thrust of what constitutes 'western civilization' since the ancient Greeks came up with the notion.
    Can't speak to 'traditional family values' because they mostly only work a bygone era when men were the all-powerful masters of the clan and women were all but property if not outright.

As a history graduate I learn a lot from the past but I don't think virginal brides and 'Husband's Word Is Final' is of any use these days.
    All that matters is that a relationship works for both (or more?) involved and that those involved take their commitment and loyalty to the other seriously.

Hang easy champ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    Yup, not too fussed with worthless 'studies'. After all the first introduction to logic and enlightenment for most is the simple saying: 'Correlation does not equate causation'.

Fact is that numbers alone mean nothing. So what if the OP slept with 10 guys in uni? **** me, completely worthless to all men amirite?

Get real son! 2014, if anyone can't handle the number of partners of a potential partner then boo-hoo. Relationships should be built on compatibility of character and chemistry, not the hang-ups of guys with inferiority complexes and pre-conceived out-dated notions of what makes a woman 'valid'.
    Fact is if a guy kicks off over a girl's 'number' then she should be glad to have dodged that bullet.

also FYI I'd say individualism, free agency and all that have been the broad thrust of what constitutes 'western civilization' since the ancient Greeks came up with the notion.
    Can't speak to 'traditional family values' because they mostly only work a bygone era when men were the all-powerful masters of the clan and women were all but property if not outright.

As a history graduate I learn a lot from the past but I don't think virginal brides and 'Husband's Word Is Final' is of any use these days.
    All that matters is that a relationship works for both (or more?) involved and that those involved take their commitment and loyalty to the other seriously.

Hang easy champ.
    My hero

ReputationRep:
    Actually more power to the males. More women hanging loose more males being satisfied. But its a lot more tact laying the "you go girl" crap then admitting self interest.
    Yeah, because guys who tell women who have casual sex they're doing nothing wrong are always the ones going round trying to get laid all the time, and the slut shamers are the ones who never try to get with them :rolleyes:

Dont sleep with those snotty students, come and meet a real man who looks good, isnt a soap dodger, can converse on a wide range of subjects other than beer and the latest x box game, knows how to pleasure a woman without staining their y fronts in the first minute and eats out at restaurants rather than abdils kebab house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Literally no idea how many people i have slept with...no one has died.
    Unless you've slept with a ridculous amount of people then I find that quite weird...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.