Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask a Muslim who is questioning his faith anything Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Which political party do you back?
    Which football team do you support?
    Pls explain how you would take our welfare system forward?
    Do you think Adnan Januzaj is a brighter prospect than Raheem Sterling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    The scholars say that tawakuul or reliance upon Allah is to seek his aid in dua and prayer as though it is the only path to achieve your goal, and at the same time to do all the things that will lead you to your goal and work for it as though that is the only path.
    The prophet also said in the hadith:
    if you relied upon Allah a true reliance you would be as the birds which leave their nests hungry in the morning and return belly full''
    ie get up get out there and do your part, god will help you with the rest, take a step and Allah will take a step with you.

But us muslims these days we are just words no actions oh Allah give me ferrari {while he sits at home watching deal or no deal}
    When I said I asked Allah for assistance I did go in a 110%. I went to Tablighi Jamat for 30 days, in between worship I would study. I walked into my exams with 100% faith and conviction in Allah that I would be fine. I was as calm and lax as a cucumber. I failed the exams. This or things close to this has been happening for 5 years now. How can I put my reliance on a God who has failed me repeatedly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Good luck, don't betray yourself for anyone's expectations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pls, GTFO back to football forum :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Pls, GTFO back to football forum :cool:
    I'm gonna take him to my side and watch you cry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Which political party do you back?
    Which football team do you support?
    Pls explain how you would take our welfare system forward?
    Do you think Adnan Januzaj is a brighter prospect than Raheem Sterling?
    Conservative.
    LFC.
    Streamline and make it much more simple, close loopholes and become stricter.
    No Sterling is very talented and is very young and has a lot more to give. Might be slightly bias as I'm a LFC fan though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will not turn him to the dark side, sith lord!!!
    It is his journey to take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL ok babes x

(Original post by TSA)
    Conservative.
    LFC.
    Streamline and make it much more simple, close loopholes and become stricter.
    No Sterling is very talented and is very young and has a lot more to give. Might be slightly bias as I'm a LFC fan though.
    Agree
    Ew
    Agree
    I disagree. Sterling relies on pace and admittedly has improved technical ability but I still feel he has a technical deficiency which can never fully be fully improved though of course it can be worked on. Also he had the likes of Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho around him. Januzaj played in a poorly managed struggling team; bursting onto the scene and endearing himself to the Old Trafford crowd. He's a player who gets you off our seat, who everytime is in possession your heart is racing, your expecting something to happen. He's the first player to do that at our club since, dare I say it, Cristiano Ronaldo left...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    When I said I asked Allah for assistance I did go in a 110%. I went to Tablighi Jamat for 30 days, in between worship I would study. I walked into my exams with 100% faith and conviction in Allah that I would be fine. I was as calm and lax as a cucumber. I failed the exams. This or things close to this has been happening for 5 years now. How can I put my reliance on a God who has failed me repeatedly.
    Can you really blame this on Allah?

Exams test knowledge, and memorisation, not faith.

You could be Pope Francis and you'd still flop an FP3 paper if you don't know your ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Good luck, don't betray yourself for anyone's expectations.

Edit: saw the bit where you said you're Indian (me too) and you were looking at your history. If you don't mind, what state do you come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gujarat.

If you use the internet as a source of knowledge especially TSR and its infinite number of trolls and bashers, I'm afraid you are doomed from the start.
    Best thing is to find someone whom you can talk with or discuss with who has some knowledge
    and discuss and ask your questions.

On a different note what country are you from and what is your traditional iftar?
    It's not I try to talk to scholars but it's difficult for them to relate, the answers I receive are essentially the same, rehearsed replies. The same as I am getting here that I expected before posting. I read books but I see bias everywhere I look.

England. Usually fried food of some sort, although I tend to keep that to a minimum and have something healthier. I tend to spend it with family as I don't usually eat together due to commitments I have most of the year. However it annoys me the amount they back bite, the other day they went to a lecture at the mosque came back and talked behind the back of everyone they met/saw so I end up going somewhere to eat on my own.

ReputationRep:

You will not turn him to the dark side, sith lord!!!
    It is his journey to take.
    Looooooool you won't believe it but that is EXACTLY how I view myself hahaha

I will have my way with him!

(Original post by FKLW)
    LOL ok babes x
    I'm proud to know we are fellow tories.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Loool

The religious logic is funny

Believing that god will help you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Gujarat.

It's not I try to talk to scholars but it's difficult for them to relate, the answers I receive are essentially the same, rehearsed replies. The same as I am getting here that I expected before posting. I read books but I see bias everywhere I look.

England. Usually fried food of some sort, although I tend to keep that to a minimum and have something healthier. I tend to spend it with family as I don't usually eat together due to commitments I have most of the year. However it annoys me the amount they back bite, the other day they went to a lecture at the mosque came back and talked behind the back of everyone they met/saw so I end up going somewhere to eat on my own.
    Ahre, kemcho bhai? Fine chance meeting a fellow Gujarati

Gujarat had the first female Sultanate in India

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Things like this annoy me a little.

Pray this and you'll be fine...
    Carry out 2 Rakats namaz before your exam and you'll be fine
    Don't worry about the exam son, I'll make dua

In my experience this does nothing.
    Mutashabihat when speaking about hifdh is an ayah which is similar to another ayah. I was asking which surah you found had the most i.e. which did you find hardest to memorise because of similarities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    Mutashabihat when speaking about hifdh is an ayah which is similar to another ayah. I was asking which surah you found had the most i.e. which did you find hardest to memorise because of similarities
    Ar-Rahman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    The birds still have to leave the nest for them to find the food. Similarly you still have to study hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Ar-Rahman.
    What did you think i asked you?

ReputationRep:
    how can you memories the quran its a big book. I doubt you could re-write it if I gave you pen and paper. Anyway I can't tell you what to do but I've lost all tolerance for muslims and I'm someone who actively defended them but honestly Islam is a huge contradiction of itself... peaceful my ass.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)

I'm proud to know we are fellow tories.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Used to be Lib Dem until that **** Clegg ****** everything up. ****.

ReputationRep:
    The birds still have to leave the nest for them to find the food. Similarly you still have to study.
    I did. Religiously. I don't think you understand. All I did was pray and study, for 30 days and about a month before.

ReputationRep:
    What did you think i asked you?
    I thought you were recommending something for me to pray to help alleviate the doubt I have.

I apologise.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.