Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do guys generally get along a lot better than girls do with each other? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Of all the people who have been mean to me in my lifetime they've been girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael!)
    My eyes are different colours. My left eye is blue and my right eye is brown. When I was going through my teen years the only people that would comment on it would be girls or effeminate guys. They'd ***** about it and say how 'weird' it was. The guys that I knew and met never said a word about it. They'd maybe ask why I had it but other than that it wouldn't bother them. Since I've been at uni, girls have said stuff like 'it makes you look so weird', 'you should get it fixed' (not even joking), 'what's wrong with you', they drag it out and constantly talk about it. Most guys just say, 'nice eye' and that's it.

My point is, women judge people far more than men do. Judging then leads to b*tching which, in turn, leads to falling out. Female hierarchy is solely based on appearance and popularity. Popularity is correlated to status and status is usually achieved as a result of attractiveness or who's the queen b*tch.

Guys can just get along with each other and focus on the here and now. When male friend get in a fight, they'll most likely be best mates again the next day. With women, it'll last years.
    I'm female and have never given a **** about other people's looks

ReputationRep:
    Females hate on other Females due to looks - As it's what boys like
    Men hate on other men due to other Males having Money and Power - As it's what women like

At the end of the day, we're all really animals
    Which is quite depressing, but what can you do?

ReputationRep:
    Women are much better at the mind****in'.

We will mess with your pretty little head and break you down slowly but surely.

Guys are so much more upfront about disagreements so you get into a fist fight and be done with it.

No idea why girls are *****ier about petty little things though... meh!

ReputationRep:
    Because teenage girls are the spawn of the devil. Most grow out of the need to make everyone's life a misery, some don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
    Of all the people who have been mean to me in my lifetime they've been girls
    Normally, men are not mean to women, whereas women are mean to men and women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrishBoyInLondon)
    Females hate on other Females due to looks - As it's what boys like
    Men hate on other men due to other Males having Money and Power - As it's what women like

At the end of the day, we're all really animals
    Which is quite depressing, but what can you do?
    Start a master race?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Because teenage girls are the spawn of the devil. Most grow out of the need to make everyone's life a misery, some don't.
    this^

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG-20130707-WA0001.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  48.0 KB

This

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    Normally, men are not mean to women, whereas women are mean to men and women.
    That's not true, boys can be really really cruel to girls.

I was never one of said girls, but I saw it happen a lot.

I went to a girls school next to a boys school and the girls were only really ever mean to one guy, who the boys weren't nice to either, the guys on the other hand, Jesus. They used to think of new and more inventive nicknames for some of the girls every day!

Not that it was anything compared to the bullying that went on within the girls school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    That's not true, boys can be really really cruel to girls.

I was never one of said girls, but I saw it happen a lot.

I went to a girls school next to a boys school and the girls were only really ever mean to one guy, who the boys weren't nice to either, the guys on the other hand, Jesus. They used to think of new and more inventive nicknames for some of the girls every day!

Not that it was anything compared to the bullying that went on within the girls school.
    Fair enough, for me, girls seem to be more relentless with their bullying. There are probably less girls who are mean towards guys than there are guys towards girls, but their abuse seems more cruel. That is just from my experience though, it will probably vary for different schools and cities.

ReputationRep:
    Because we dont get jel as easily as girls do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    Fair enough, for me, girls seem to be more relentless with their bullying. There are probably less girls who are mean towards guys than there are guys towards girls, but their abuse seems more cruel. That is just from my experience though, it will probably vary for different schools and cities.
    No I would definiteley agree its more relentless. Guys will have one particularly nasty thing they do, like call you horseface, whereas girls will destroy your entire life, but in a less obviously mean way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    God knows, jealousy usually. I ****ing hate girl groups. Find it impossible to get along with them, I try and they're all vile.
    Lord Tyrion!, The seven save you, if i ever catch yo the red keep again, i ill make sure you end up as the brown in flea bottoms stew u in
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    If I were to speculate I'd say there were probably two main factors in it, both of which have already been brought up. The first is that guys have a different means of determining social status to girls. With guys, they compete for external results (strength, money, women, etc.). With girls, they compete on looks, games and social manoeuvring, etc. - internal stuff. With guys, the external stuff is clear cut and people know where they stand, but with girls it's always up for grabs.

The second thing is that I think girls tend to be more insecure than guys. This might be because of the first reason, since they're going to naturally be in a less secure position socially. I think insecurity encourages *****iness and resentment - when you don't feel secure in yourself, the temptation is to bring others down in order to feel better about yourself. You see it a lot in schools or wherever there is not a clear-cut means of communicating people's social status or establishing group hierarchy.

So the long and short of my speculation is: guys know where they stand and don't have to worry about it as much as girls do, so can more-or-less just get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    God knows, jealousy usually. I ****ing hate girl groups. Find it impossible to get along with them, I try and they're all vile.
    How misogynistic, not all women are like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fojodef)
    generally speaking

boys compete for status via skills. like whos the best at football, who can drink the most, whos got the biggest penis, who can piss furthest.

girls compete for status via looks and popularity, who has the most friends, whos the prettiest, who does the hottest guy fancy, whos a slut etc.

so basically right from the off. men challenge each other via the competition. once the competition is done, all is well.

men also have to work better as a team to survive and hunt.

so during team sports they naturally fall into place in the shape of a leader, deputy, skilled cadre, less seasoned support and then the new comers.

girls are largely about uniform. hence why you see girls in the playground taking it in turns to skip whilst singing or dancing in sequence.

with guys its about winning.

with girls its about fitting in.

so you can be a bit of a screw up or awkward guy but you can be one of the boys as long as you have skill and usefulness.

girls alienated those who do not fit in. and spend most of their time practicing to keep in harmony and rhythm.

for girls to climb a ladder of status in a clique where everyone is suppose to be in harmony they have to employ covert espionage back handed dirty tactics. girls are great at politics that way. but they are also largely distrusted. so much so to the point that women would rather vote for a man than another women.

guys climb the ladder of status via skill. so the best footballer will usually be the captain of the team. but if hes not good at leading and just shows off and is NOT SKILLED at being captain he will be ditched as a 1 man showoff.

as boys and girls get older boys start to wise up to the power and status games. boys who dont fit in with the tribe of teams and sports unite in nerd packs. girls notice either either boys with playground status or boys that look like boys who have status on tv (justin bieber).

boys start now competing to get girls. girls start competing to get guys.
    sex is on the line.

both are experimenting on how best to win the opposite sex.
    fighting? showing off? how to dress? make up?

once women start getting divided up amongst the boys like currency some of the guys arnt happy with what theyve got and now you have guys screwing eachother over in the way girls were.

but girls are by now practiced at this and start to enter and control the flow of chaos, gossip, he said she said, in their favour.

guys start to think girls are cunning liers.

girls start improve their image of innocence.

girls then dedicate the rest of their lives trying to act like 25 year olds until they have a midlife crisis and realise they dont know who they are because theyve been trying to act like a cocktail of all the popular celebs and girls they aspire to be like.

men can have identity issues too but it is less wide spread and severe.

men now start to mistrust women and eachother but men start to realise that women are insane because they are an act of someone else.

girls dont know eachother. all they know is the act of eachother. like an avatar.

all of this is why i think guys get along better.

guys know who they are. they go for clearer measurable things such as feats of skill.

girls are all based on cloak and dagger status climbing, PR and perfecting the act of the girl they are not.

Spartacus blood and sand is a extreme but clear illustration of this
    +1 rep for Spartacus tv series mention

ReputationRep:
    From my experience, I find that girls tend to be more negatively competitive against each other. You also have girls who are insecure and bitter (as pointed out by miser), which can result in huge falling outs between friends. I've had female-friends talk about one of their friends amongst themselves when said friend isn't around and I was gobbed. I was lead to believe that women cherished their friendships far more than us guys, certainly an eye-opener.

ReputationRep:
    Guys can be just as *****y but with girls, we see competition in each other. It's sad because we should stick together but it's true. The amount of *****y girls you meet growing up, and the chav type that threaten you for looking at them etc. - it just creates a wall that girls have to protect themselves.

Have to admit though, it actually only really happens with young / immature girls. I love talking to other girls and have made plenty of friends from strangers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Like they say "true love can only be between 2 men" :sexface:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.