Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The most socially awkward moment of your life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christianoginni)
    I started typing on iMessage then saw my friend start to type so I stopped and then they stopped aswel -_-
    This is the bane of my life

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightningdoritos)
    I went for a blood test the other day and

Doctor: You've grown since the last time I saw you!
    Me: Thanks, you too!
    Doctor:.....um
    Made me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    Not a big one, but happens all the time...

Me: Hi, how are you?
    Person 1: Good thanks, how are you?
    Me: I'm great, how are you?
    Person 1: .......
    This. This. This. :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    Doing tours on open evening last year.

Woman: So, how old are you?
    Me: Yes.
    Woman: ....

I hadn't heard her at first so I just said 'yes' hoping it was a yes or no question, then a few seconds later I realised my mistake, but it was already too late...

ReputationRep:
    "Bye! "
    "See ya!"
    *both start walking in same direction*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    Classy.

Mine would be the time I was kissing my partner goodbye and an old lady walked past and said 'ooh look at you two! young love!' and winked. I didn't know where to look.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol

ReputationRep:
    I was on the bus the other day wearing sandals and the person opposite me (who looked quite strange) bent down to get their bag and licked my big toe. I was like '?????'

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why I do this but whenever I see somebody that I know by face (or even by name) but not as friends on the street, I always put my head down and walk on like I haven't seen them. It makes people think I'm a *****. I don't know why I can't just say hi like any normal person would.

ReputationRep:
    When your female friend introduces you to her stunning friend who you glimpsed at freshers week and thought you'd never see again... and your jaw drops and you can't speak... and you're still shaking her hand after 10 seconds...

ReputationRep:
    I'm a socially awkward person so every second thing I do is socially awkward :')
    The most recent was yesterday as I was leaving work; I had to return a box to one of the kitchens: I walked past where I was told to put it, couldn't place it down properly, and then tried to leave through the wrong door...despite the other door having a massive 'EXIT' sign on it. The guy in the kitchen probably thinks I'm pretty stupid

ReputationRep:
    Some guy in the IT lounge at uni just started talking to me. Usually I don't mind as I enjoy small talk but I was doing work at the time. Anyhow he starts going on about how he just missed his one chance with the love of his life, and goes on about how she was going out that night with some rugby player lads or something. And how deeply in love he was with her and she would just waste it by getting with some jerk. He was clearly a fresher and this was like two weeks after university started, how exactly you fall in love with someone you only just know I don't quite understand. He came off with a really strange vibe, and I'm unsure why exactly he was telling me all this. Being polite though I did speak back and asked him about it. Was just bizarre, some stuff is best kept to yourself and close friends not some random guy sat at a computer doing his work.

I tried introducing myself to some people by offering my hand for a handshake, only to realise it had some food on it or something :lol:

Ohh, and another experience in the IT lounge. I had just finished my dissertation, and there was this guy who I had seen working in there for the past week literally non-stop, he was always there. Anyhow he gets up walks over to me and says ''hug me'', so I proceed to hug him and he grasps on for a good 20 seconds :lol: I tell him that its okay, the dissertation is over and he can return to being a human being again. Not so much awkward, but a moment of shared relief with a stranger.

ReputationRep:
    My first year of university. I got drunk on Vodka and stormed up to the room of the guy I was into and had hooked up a few times with. It was casual and I was playing it cool up to that point, pretending I don't really care.

Well, not only was he with another girl but also he found out just how much I cared through my elaborate, drunkard speech.

I'd love to say I haven't touched vodka since but...

Well, what I did learn was to know my limit and that vodka is evil. I've matured since, but I'll never stop cringing when I remember it. Oh, and also apologized to the guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toriar)
    Doing tours on open evening last year.

Woman: So, how old are you?
    Me: Yes.
    Woman: ....

I hadn't heard her at first so I just said 'yes' hoping it was a yes or no question, then a few seconds later I realised my mistake, but it was already too late...
    :rofl: I know how this feels

(Original post by nelizabeth_)
    I was on the bus the other day wearing sandals and the person opposite me (who looked quite strange) bent down to get their bag and licked my big toe. I was like '?????'
    WOT???

ReputationRep:
    I was with my mum once in a cigar shop whilst she was buying a thank you present for someone. The shop was really small and I was just hanging about so I said I'd wait outside. The door was big and glass. I face planted it. The guy just stared at me and said "pull to open..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychadelicScarf)
    I was with my mum once in a cigar shop whilst she was buying a thank you present for someone. The shop was really small and I was just hanging about so I said I'd wait outside. The door was big and glass. I face planted it. The guy just stared at me and said "pull to open..."
    classic

ReputationRep:
    classic
    Yeah, I thought it was one of those things that people never actually do, like slipping over on a discarded banana peel...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I thought it was one of those things that people never actually do, like slipping over on a discarded banana peel...
    no its cute like p
    happened to me as a wee boy than an adult haha but yeh its grand

ReputationRep:
    no its cute like p
    happened to me as a wee boy than an adult haha but yeh its grand
    For an actual door, thats the only time it's ever happened.

As for just face planting walls, that happens waaaaaaay too much...

ReputationRep:
    For an actual door, thats the only time it's ever happened.

As for just face planting walls, that happens waaaaaaay too much...
    hmm yeh im the clumsy type too only im a proper loser so youre grand p

yeh can see it as a bad thing...but many older people are almost jealous that you still are youthful and have a bit of personality

weird I know..basically dont grow up too quick

maybe go easy on the doors tho p

ReputationRep:
    *Me tripping over a chair*
    Me: Sorry

I've a bad habit of apologising to objects. Mostly lampposts and dustbins in public.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.