Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will Nigel Farage become an MP in 2015? Watch

• View Poll Results: Will Nigel Farage become UKIP's first MP in 2015?
    Yes
    65.96%
    No
    34.04%

ReputationRep:
    If they did get 20% of the vote, and got no seats, then there could be some calls for electoral reform. The worst-case situation IMO is where Labour and Tories are on around 300-310 seats, and UKIP have enough seats to decide who forms government, as it means a small minority of MP's, in a party that have never been elected in a constituency before, becoming the "Kingmaker".

Also, the chances of a backbench rebellion overthrowing the government on a vote of no confidence seems unlikely, because MP's would fear losing their seat at the bare minimum if they did that.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I think so - he's pretty electable as a person
    but for other UKIP members standing? probably not a very good chance at all, and I say that as a person who likes UKIP over the other 3

ReputationRep:
    For me his standing in the EU elections this summer are an indication that he either a) isn't that confident of being elected or b) doesn't really give a toss about the constituents he represents in Brussels.

ReputationRep:
    Farage is basically a massive con man, he's an ex banker, millionaire, creams benefits of the EU but doesn't do his job, an out racist yet he acts like he is some kind of anti-establishment figure, he couldn't be more of an establishment figure if he tried, he's also basically just the far right of the Tories, how anyone falls for any of it is beyond me, I can only assume they are either stupid or racists/establishment shills themselves.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.