Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British jihadists caught after parents inform police Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    I don't think we are anywhere near at all. Only if things get to boiling point in Jordan will that even be possible.

Not really. What is going on now has been going on for ages.

No way a Salafi powerplay is realistic unless Eygpt and or Jordan reaches critical mass imo. Hamas will escalate not primarily for support but because they have to fight back.
    imo escalation is the absolute worst possible outcome for everybody here. Israeli support is pretty much 50/50 atm, with half urging leniency because of that poor palestinian lads murder, and the other half demanding a robust defense from rockets. More rocket attacks etc, and they just won't have enough political capital to not react. If they didn't, they'd simply be voted out for hardliners. Added to that you have the religious nuts stirring things 24/7 there, and freedom of speech allows them to do so.

If indeed a lot of the rocket attacks are actually IS/Salafi [which a lot of people believe], would it not be better for Hamas Israel and Egypt to form a joint taskforce to 1. find the killers of the 3 israelis 2. find the killers of the Palestian lad 3. Find and eliminate ISIS in Gaza?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    imo escalation is the absolute worst possible outcome for everybody here. Israeli support is pretty much 50/50 atm, with half urging leniency because of that poor palestinian lads murder, and the other half demanding a robust defense from rockets. More rocket attacks etc, and they just won't have enough political capital to not react. If they didn't, they'd simply be voted out for hardliners. Added to that you have the religious nuts stirring things 24/7 there, and freedom of speech allows them to do so.

If indeed a lot of the rocket attacks are actually IS/Salafi [which a lot of people believe], would it not be better for Hamas Israel and Egypt to form a joint taskforce to 1. find the killers of the 3 israelis 2. find the killers of the Palestian lad 3. Find and eliminate ISIS in Gaza?
    I see.

Do you live in Israel?

I'm not sure. I wouldn't say alot or even the majority are other groups because of the lack of evidence atm.
    that suggestion is a biiiiiiiiig nooooooooooo for many reasons

1) the current situation in eygpt is terrible Sisi is hates by everyone who has an ounce of islamist in him. Anything from him will cause more havoc in Eygpt and Sinai.

2) If Hamas is seen working with Israelis to that extent It will be viewed as selling out their muslims (albeit (viewed as)sinner) brothers and is 190% unacceptable. I can't imagine anything of the sort happening.

3) IS in gaza is atm unimportant. IS will first attack Lebanon and i expect Israel to get involved then with war and i also see Iran goin all out which i'd imagine would again drench the region in blood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    I see.

Do you live in Israel?

I'm not sure. I wouldn't say alot or even the majority are other groups because of the lack of evidence atm.
    that suggestion is a biiiiiiiiig nooooooooooo for many reasons

1) the current situation in eygpt is terrible Sisi is hates by everyone who has an ounce of islamist in him. Anything from him will cause more havoc in Eygpt and Sinai.

2) If Hamas is seen working with Israelis to that extent It will be viewed as selling out their muslims (albeit (viewed as)sinner) brothers and is 190% unacceptable. I can't imagine anything of the sort happening.

3) IS in gaza is atm unimportant. IS will first attack Lebanon and i expect Israel to get involved then with war and i also see Iran goin all out which i'd imagine would again drench the region in blood.
    I'm a secularist Israeli, living in the UK.

I know it's a completely impossible suggestion practically, despite being fairly logical :lol: But really something needs done, because the mood in both camps at the moment is frankly, bloodthirsty. Israeli politicians have maybe a week or so of grace to sort something out, but if attacks kept continuing, and people kept dying, they'd be under immense pressure to respond, either with harsh airstrikes or a ground offensive, which will only kill more innocents and make things worse.

Israel wouldn't get involved with a war in Lebanon, not a chance. Only thing that could perhaps get them involved would be a Hame****e Jordanian request if Jordan was under threat. Anything else would be limited to strategic and low key airstrikes. [like in Syria atm].

Why would Iran go all out btw? Are IS seen as a real threat there, or is it just pure hatred?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    I'm a secularist Israeli, living in the UK.

I know it's a completely impossible suggestion practically, despite being fairly logical :lol: But really something needs done, because the mood in both camps at the moment is frankly, bloodthirsty. Israeli politicians have maybe a week or so of grace to sort something out, but if attacks kept continuing, and people kept dying, they'd be under immense pressure to respond, either with harsh airstrikes or a ground offensive, which will only kill more innocents and make things worse.

Israel wouldn't get involved with a war in Lebanon, not a chance. Only thing that could perhaps get them involved would be a Hame****e Jordanian request if Jordan was under threat. Anything else would be limited to strategic and low key airstrikes. [like in Syria atm].

Why would Iran go all out btw? Are IS seen as a real threat there, or is it just pure hatred?
    I see. Yeah i don't see any solution. Blood colours the gaze like nothing else and when there is decades of blood in the vision....

I'd imagined if Lebanon falls as they too have a large jihadist movement Jordan wpuld be next so Israel may want to nip it there. (That is if IS is successful in syria and iraq still a big if).

If IS continue as they have im terms of sucess yes. they'd be a real threat to Iran as Iran supports Iraq/Maliki and Syria/Bashar. If Iraq falls then next on the eastern agenda its Iran. A lotta ifs tbh. Thats the thing with the middle east. Its nearly always so fluid there could be a gillion things that completely alter the course of history.

ReputationRep:
    So if you go and fight for them , your a terrorist?

But when the UK government supplies them with arms and finances it is...what exactly?

International Aid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Three Mile Sprint)

But when the UK government supplies them with arms and finances it is...what exactly?

International Aid?
    I thought this too lol. A strange choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    Good.
    Hopefully this trend continues.
    indeed, ihope not just parents but uncles, cousins, neighbours, teachers, shopkeepers etc all report suspicious islamic behaviour in the youth of today and then many more will be thrown in jail before they can cause trouble for society

ReputationRep:

International Aid?
    when does uk government supply arms to blacklisted terrorist groups :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    when does uk government supply arms to blacklisted terrorist groups :confused:
    We have been supplying arms to the Syrian Rebels since the first month of the conflict.

ReputationRep:
    We have been supplying arms to the Syrian Rebels since the first month of the conflict.
    what are you, on crack? no we havent. there has been an european embargo on weapons to syria for a start :facepalm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.