Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Terrified of driving lessons Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    I have my first lesson on my birthday on the 6th of august. It'd be a shame to have a car crash on my birthday. So I'm quite nervous.
    You wont crash don't worry, they have dual controls so your instructor will be able to sort it if anything was going wrong! Plus you probably won't actually do that much driving on your first lesson, just going through all the boring stuff haha then probably just drive up and down 1 street

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patsyjenx)
    You wont crash don't worry, they have dual controls so your instructor will be able to sort it if anything was going wrong! Plus you probably won't actually do that much driving on your first lesson, just going through all the boring stuff haha then probably just drive up and down 1 street

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We'll see. I hope that is all we do and he doesn't push like some have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    We'll see. I hope that is all we do and he doesn't push like some have.
    If you feel like he's going too fast then tell him, you're paying him for a service you're allowed to tell him if you think he's pushing you too fast or whatever

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You seem more comfortable with it though so that's good! Just takes so long learning though which is effort. I thought id be well good by now hahaha but I'm just a nervous wreck for some reason! Have you done your theory?

And nope when I start my new job I'm gonna save for a car but it'll be a while before I get one & my mums is too big I don't like the thought of driving it haha! Do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm fine with steering and clutch control now. Just started to learn my manoeuvres; I've done bay parking and emergency stopping. I hate the emergency stop!

I can afford a car, but my parents don't want be to get one before I've passed my test. My sister got one before she passed hers, and after she passed the insurance went up crazily to like £300 a month.

I just want to get out there on the road by myself, in my own car. The car I'm learning to drive in is too big - I don't like it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    I'm fine with steering and clutch control now. Just started to learn my manoeuvres; I've done bay parking and emergency stopping. I hate the emergency stop!

I can afford a car, but my parents don't want be to get one before I've passed my test. My sister got one before she passed hers, and after she passed the insurance went up crazily to like £300 a month.

I just want to get out there on the road by myself, in my own car. The car I'm learning to drive in is too big - I don't like it!
    I quite like emergency stops haha I think they're fun (when there's not an actual emergency) you sound like you're a fast learner cos I only did manoeuvres about 4/5 lessons ago!

And ah yeah true the insurance is just such a joke isn't it!! I was getting quotes of like 2300 on a fiat 500 which is just not fair haha so I'm gonna be saving for a while! What car are you learning in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I quite like emergency stops haha I think they're fun (when there's not an actual emergency) you sound like you're a fast learner cos I only did manoeuvres about 4/5 lessons ago!

And ah yeah true the insurance is just such a joke isn't it!! I was getting quotes of like 2300 on a fiat 500 which is just not fair haha so I'm gonna be saving for a while! What car are you learning in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just hate how quickly the car grinds to a halt and makes you almost jump out of your seat, and I always stall :-l

That's crazy. My sister has a ford KA, and hers is something like £120 a month. Does it work out cheaper to pay yearly, rather than monthly?

I'm learning in a VW polo. So it's not particularly big, but it's still bigger than I'd like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    I just hate how quickly the car grinds to a halt and makes you almost jump out of your seat, and I always stall :-l

That's crazy. My sister has a ford KA, and hers is something like £120 a month. Does it work out cheaper to pay yearly, rather than monthly?

I'm learning in a VW polo. So it's not particularly big, but it's still bigger than I'd like
    Yeah It is a bit like woah but i find it quite fun at the same time! And it's ridiculous how they charge so much! Yeah it does work out a little bit cheaper but I don't think there's that much in it really, if I could only afford to pay monthly then I would because it's not a proper big diff I don't think! What car are you looking at getting?

I learn in a polo too but I quite like it to be fair!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd also like to know how to overcome this, over 100 hours and 4 failed tests later the thought of getting behind the wheel terrifies me! Plus I need to be able to drive for my future job! Nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    I'd also like to know how to overcome this, over 100 hours and 4 failed tests later the thought of getting behind the wheel terrifies me! Plus I need to be able to drive for my future job! Nightmare.
    Aww no is it nerves?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Maybe you should change instructor.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.