Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Strangers staring in public Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    I am a 17 year-old male and recently I have found myself becoming very self-conscious, and in public I get very anxious because I feel as if people are staring at me, especially females. I cannot figure out if I am butt-ugly, or if people just stare for no reason. Also, I am about 6ft 3, if that has something to do with it. inb4 request for pics.

I just wanted to find out if other people find strangers staring at them, on a regular basis, or if I am unique in that regard.
    I think most teenagers (including my self) go through a stage of being anxious and self- conscious in public. Chances are the people you see in the street are just going about their day, wrapped up in their own world, if your eyes meet with someone else they may not even register tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    I think most teenagers (including my self) go through a stage of being anxious and self- conscious in public. Chances are the people you see in the street are just going about their day, wrapped up in their own world, if your eyes meet with someone else they may not even register tbh.
    This- as Alan Bennett says - the shy imagine that everyone is looking at them and it makes them feel uneasy : the confident imagine that everyone is looking at them and think ' quite right too! '

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pickup)
    This- as Alan Bennett says - the shy imagine that everyone is looking at them and it makes them feel uneasy : the confident imagine that everyone is looking at them and think ' quite right too! '
    Haha, great quote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    I am a 17 year-old male and recently I have found myself becoming very self-conscious, and in public I get very anxious because I feel as if people are staring at me, especially females. I cannot figure out if I am butt-ugly, or if people just stare for no reason. Also, I am about 6ft 3, if that has something to do with it. inb4 request for pics.

I just wanted to find out if other people find strangers staring at them, on a regular basis, or if I am unique in that regard.
    If women are looking your direction just make eye contact and smile, they're probably interested in you. Step up like a man and just introduce yourself, some sexy time would definitely help with your self esteem issues.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.