Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Maybe we should take you to therapy because that **** don't sound healthy.
    loool. I dreamt about opening them twice. On one occasion I got all C's and D's D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic_Legends)
    loool. I dreamt about opening them twice. On one occasion I got all C's and D's D:
    Oh god I thought you were joking.. maybe you should go to therapy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic_Legends)
    Talking about results.. am I the only one here that has nightmares about opening GCSE results?
    No- I do every night almost

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for? All A*s (Idk 12 subjects maybe or 11 or maybe even 13 I'm not sure) and a A^ in fm

What are you expecting? All A*s and A^ in fm with 1 or 2 As

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? No, because I am good enough to get all A*s so will be annoyed if I get As, unless I get an A in Spanish or something languages are stupid so I wouldn't care about that.

How will you open them? Idk, with my hands?

How will you celebrate / react? Not a clue, probably just smile if it goes well and say oh, darn if it goes badly

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SatanicGecko)
    In a toilet cubicle which is a reasonable distance away from the hall where results are handed out. I have little expression of emotions about results (never been elated with results as such) but I have a feeling that I will be disappointed. No idea how quickly I will open the envelope but once I am sitting there staring at it, the nerves should get to me
    If you get rid of the toilet cubicle I'll prolly do this (Why a toilet?)
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:

What are you hoping for?
    Straight A*s or 11A*s and 1A

What are you expecting?
    Between 9 and 11A*s and a few As

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? Yeah... But the closer to straight A*s the better

How will you open them? I'm getting an email so I'll click on it, I guess

How will you celebrate / react?
    I don't know, I'll jump around for a bit. That's about it, yeah.

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?
    I honestly don't know. To stand a good chance of getting into my first choice, I ideally need above 10A*s. But if I don't get into my first choice, I can go to my second choice. They've offered me an unconditional place (provided I get a reasonable number of A*s, of course ). So yeah, I should do, even if it's not my first choice sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzylemonade)

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? Yeah... But the closer to straight A*s the better

I honestly don't know. To stand a good chance of getting into my first choice, I ideally need above 10A*s. But if I don't get into my first choice, I can go to my second choice. They've offered me an unconditional place (provided I get a reasonable number of A*s, of course ). So yeah, I should do, even if it's not my first choice sixth form.

I figured I should have posted this from my second (main) account xD suzylemonade is me, to avoid confusion xD

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    4 A* 3 A 1 B 1 C
    DiDA Distinction (A*)

What are you expecting?
    3 A* 1 A 3 B 2 C
    DiDA Merit (A)

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?
    Not at all, I'm hoping for an AA in Science and an A in Maths though if I get my expectation of BB in Science and B in Maths I'll be gutted because I think I could have done way better. Also for DiDA I worked my arse off, and my teacher said I'm on a Distinction (A*) but I think I just missed the boundary and got a Merit (A). Lastly if I get a C in Geography I'll be extremely annoyed since the main reason I'm expecting a C is because my teacher messed up the coursework marking. I'm at least hoping for a B in Geography after the CW mix up which I'll be happy with.

How will you open them?
    I'm literally going to run into school and rip them open in excitement!

If all goes well jump for joy then go home and sleep, if all goes bad then cry and go home and sleep. :lol: I honestly don't plan to do anything to be honest except just ask people what they got and go home.

I only need C English, B English Literature, BB Science and B Maths and I'll be accepted into my courses so yeah in any situation I'll meet it.

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    - 6A*s, 4As

What are you expecting?
    - 2A*s, 7As, 1B

- Nope. My teachers are expecting me to get A*s in science and I don't think I got them. Also, geography made me want to jump from the nearest bridge, hence the B. As long as I don't get below a C, it's alright. I know I could have done a bit better, but I don't give a monkeys anymore, and it's not as if I want to study medicine or go to oxbridge.

How will you open them?
    - I'll take them home and open them alone in my bedroom (so that if I do worse than expected, I can cry in the privacy of my own room).

- If I do better than expected, I will squeal with excitement...if I do worse, I'll tear up a bit. But as long as I get the grades required for my courses at sixth form, I guess it doesn't matter. I might celebrate by having a takeaway with the family.

- I have an unconditional offer* to sixth form, but I can only study my chosen subjects if I get As in them...and I think I got As, but I'm not 100% sure.

*this was due to having met all of my target grades in my mock exams, because about 3/4 of the people in my year failed most of their mocks. It was kind of unfair for those who tried really hard but didn't get what they needed because the teachers accused them of not trying hard enough, but I'm just glad to have a place at sixthform.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    I figured I should have posted this from my second (main) account xD suzylemonade is me, to avoid confusion xD
    Never understood why you have two accounts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asciant)
    Never understood why you have two accounts
    Banned my first one, then made a new one. Then my old one got unbanned. So now I just use both

ReputationRep:
    Banned my first one, then made a new one. Then my old one got unbanned. So now I just use both
    Of course, why wouldn't you :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?
    Maths A*
    Science A*A*
    French A*
    English language A*
    Geography A*
    History A
    English literature B

What are you expecting?
    Maths A (I got panic strike ._.)
    Science A*A*
    French A or A* (I fked up in oral, whatever)
    Geograph A
    English language A
    English literature B
    History B

As long as I get A* in maths and science, and everything above B then well whatever...I didn't revise much anyway. A levels are where it's at

How will you open them?
    By going to myresults.cie.org.uk and log into my account.

I will keep my poker face, I think. And secretly cry in my room or grin at corner of my mouth

Surely

(Original post by suzylemonade)

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

What college requires 10 A*s?

ReputationRep:
      Why were you banned?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by slg60)
      Why were you banned?
      I requested one so I could focus on exams.. Obviously that failed because I made a new one

(Original post by BBeyond)
      Magdalen College School because I was wait-listed.

ReputationRep:
      I requested one so I could focus on exams.. Obviously that failed because I made a new one .
      Wow ^_^

What are you hoping for? 9 A* 2 A

What are you expecting? 7/8 A* 3/4 A

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? Meh it'll do I guess

How will you open them? I'll get someone to open them for me, then try and guess from their facial expression, more fun that way

How will you celebrate / react? Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yeah 5 A*-Cs so I'd hope so

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Asciant)
        If you get rid of the toilet cubicle I'll prolly do this (Why a toilet?)
        Because we have a few sets of toilets near the hall and the ones furthest away are very quiet, clean(!) and no one would come in there. Also, if someone comes across me opening my results in the corridor, they would probably surround me and ask me what I got, like last year :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by BBeyond)
        The one I am going to gives you minimum grades which are quite low for conditionals but if you get less than several A*s, they recommend you go elsewhere even if you have firmed the offer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.