Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hard life in UK. How do you feel? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    :eek:Who use American English too D:
    96% of the House of Commons use American English?

ReputationRep:
    Bipolarity no longer exists. And multipolar systems have started since the end of cold war. So the balance of power is obviously changing.

If UK foreign policy doesn't change appropriately , UK could possibly not survive in the competitive world ,meaning most of British businesses could go bankrupt in the future.

That's just my view, I can be wrong.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunkboy)
    http://rt.com/uk/171836-strike-ralli...terity-unions/

People hold banners and placards as they take part in a march and rally in central London on July 10, 2014, as more than one million public sector workers went on strike in Britain overpay and spending cuts by the government imposed as part of its austerity programme, trade unions said (AFP Photo / Carl Court)

Life in UK now feels really tough. This reminded me of the famous oldie here...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiWomXklfv8

Want to say anything about it?
    Despite being poor myself, life is really not that hard. The welfare system still exists, the health system still exists and job vacancies still exist.

Most of the people striking were probably Marxists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Despite being poor myself, life is really not that hard. The welfare system still exists, the health system still exists and job vacancies still exist.

Most of the people striking were probably Marxists.
    Lol. Are you from UK government?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This isn't about how tough life is in the UK, give me a bloody break, it is easier to live in the UK than almost every other nation on earth, and if you claim that it is not and you are not in ill health (in which case you benefit from one of the best healthcare systems in the world) then you are on easy street.

The reason that people "suffer" in this country is because they are **** with money.

Unions have to call strikes/get pay increases to keep themselves valid in modern day society and to justify why their members pay fees.

Look at why unions were set up, and look at why they are there now. Safety concerns has turned into money grabbing concerned.

Like many other social movements in life, the unions have become defunct but can not accept it, they now seek to grab all they can rather than genuinely benefit their members.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunkboy)
    Lol. Are you from UK government?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ha. No.

I just don't think people know how good they have it.

ReputationRep:
    If your life is hard in the UK then you can take advantage of EU free movement and move to a richer country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    This isn't about how tough life is in the UK, give me a bloody break, it is easier to live in the UK than almost every other nation on earth, and if you claim that it is not and you are not in ill health (in which case you benefit from one of the best healthcare systems in the world) then you are on easy street.

The reason that people "suffer" in this country is because they are **** with money.

Unions have to call strikes/get pay increases to keep themselves valid in modern day society and to justify why their members pay fees.

Look at why unions were set up, and look at why they are there now. Safety concerns has turned into money grabbing concerned.

Like many other social movements in life, the unions have become defunct but can not accept it, they now seek to grab all they can rather than genuinely benefit their members.
    It's easier to live in UK than almost every other nation? Have you ever lived & experienced things in other countries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    If your life is hard in the UK then you can take advantage of EU free movement and move to a richer country
    Lol. After contemplating current economic situation, I see no big differences between UK and EU countries. They've been suffering the same destiny. Moving in or out isn't a good idea. It just wastes money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.