Not enough, and as such my education suffers a great deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    Not enough, and as such my education suffers a great deal
    Oh, it can't be that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TolerantBeing)
    Suspiria by Dario Argento?

I know it's quite old (1977) but I tend to prefer older horrors because they don't overly rely on graphics (because they can't) so they focus more on the music, lighting etc. Makes it more creepy despite the pink blood

Thanks I've heard of that one, never watched it though. I'll check it out. Yeah, I agree with you. Some of of the older films were better and more mature than the absolute **** they churn out these days imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocfudge)
    Thanks I've heard of that one, never watched it though. I'll check it out. Yeah, I agree with you. Some of of the older films were better and more mature than the absolute **** they churn out these days imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely agree! Let me know what you think of it if you ended up watching it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocfudge)
    Any horror hidden gems?
    It doesn't have to be mainstream.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try Event Horizon. It's a little slow at times, but one of my favourites. It has some blood and guts but uses the gore element extremely well, and it's one of the most atmospheric and creepy films I've ever watched.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliusDS92)
    Try Event Horizon. It's a little slow at times, but one of my favourites. It has some blood and guts but uses the gore element extremely well, and it's one of the most atmospheric and creepy films I've ever watched.
    Cheers Just checked the summary. The plot is truly mind-boggling! :eek:. Oh, and it has Sam Neill in it - should be interesting. Will definitely put it on my list.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliusDS92)
    I like the plot and the first two acts of EH, however like a lot of horrors it struggles with the third act. IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TolerantBeing)
    Definitely agree! Let me know what you think of it if you ended up watching it
    Will do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kill List if you haven't yet seen it.

It starts out like a domestic drama and then gets very, very interesting.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Martyrs has got a really interesting plot imo, as well as being terrifying. I love it because it's the least cliche horror film i've watched. It's French BTW.

ReputationRep:
    Mama
    The Exorcist
    The Shining
    The Purge
    Chucky/Child`s Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.