If you could choose, which job would it be: Supermodel or lawyer? Watch

• View Poll Results: Choose your job.
    Supermodel
    36.84%
    Lawyer
    63.16%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    So because I'd rather be a lawyer than a supermodel hence the fact that I want to be a lawyer anyway It provokes you to respond with such sarcasm implying the fact that 'I can't be a supermodel anyway even if I wanted to'? Nice one mate, I forgot that you know me irl.
    Can I just ask everyone else if they thought I was being offensive?

I simply asked, when you said you planned to be a lawyer anyway, whether you would prefer to be a supermodel given the choice.

Given that I don't know you in real life and you don't appear to have been headhunted (or you'd presumably have said), I think it's reasonable to question whether you could be a supermodel based on looks, since it's statistically unlikely to me given I know nothing about you, and also, even if you did have the looks, it'd be highly unlikely that you could be a model anyway because there's a big luck factor.

Based on this, there is one lawyer for every 401 people in the UK, and given that you probably come from an advantaged background (even if you go to a state school, you have internet access etc) which is a small pool to choose the lawyers in the UK from, and very few in this group want to be a lawyer, your odds of becoming a lawyer if that's what you want are very high.

Loads more people want to be models than lawyers, and how many of them make it compared to the numbers making it as lawyers? The poll here suggests otherwise, but this is an academic forum etc.

But how many people are model material really, even before we get to luck?

I know at least 10-20 lawyers who I grew up with and knew well, and one model, but I didn't know her that well as she was much younger than me, and she's not a supermodel (she's really pretty but models only on about the Argos model level).

Post a picture if you'd like to prove you have the looks.

ReputationRep:
    Probably a supermodel so I can sleep,date, marry and get babies with my top celebrities and idols. Lawyer sounds average. And even if carrier is over with 10-15 years, as supermodel you can enterprise on the fame start a business of some sort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    So because I'd rather be a lawyer than a supermodel hence the fact that I want to be a lawyer anyway It provokes you to respond with such sarcasm implying the fact that 'I can't be a supermodel anyway even if I wanted to'? Nice one mate, I forgot that you know me irl.
    I don't think that is what he was saying friend
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    X
    Well I have taken offense to it, everyone is different. I'm not the only person who chose law over modelling so why you've picked me out I shall never know. Your post came across to me as if you were implying what I mentioned before, I don't need to do anything to further validate what I'm saying, I am by no means saying I am model material, I just thought it was a bit strange that you were judging me on the basis of not being able to be a model anyway on what? Even if that's not what you intended on saying, that's how it came across to me.

(Original post by slg60)
    I don't think that is what he was saying friend
    I can't interpret what he's saying any other way unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    Can I just ask everyone else if they thought I was being offensive?
    Ye didn't look offensive. Just an assumption she made about you that she found offensive.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer an honest profession so I'll have to say supermodel.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.