Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your goals and what are you doing to achieve them? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I tinkings someting must be wrongs with mey becos i urm no have any goalings or dreamings evers :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths learner)
    I do. Ran a 100km a while back, and want to run the Western States 100 . Ah cool.
    How do you go about training to run that far? Just consecutive long runs? How long did it take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotoflies)
    How do you go about training to run that far? Just consecutive long runs? How long did it take?
    I use to just focus on time on feet and not distance too much. I'd do 10 miles on weekdays as I had uni and then weekends were my long runs.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess speed doesn't really matter over that kind of distance. Did you run everyday?

ReputationRep:
    Title says it all. quote me if you want to know mine .
    my goal is to get a hospital pharmacy pre reg: at the moment getting experience and doing decent in college exams...

have a decent social life: taking on more social roles in college as well as making more of an effort to make mates..need to improve tho!p but mainly starts in college

Go abroad next year: atm considering camp america..ics..interailing
    the latter seems most likely..

Generally take opportunities:might do abseiling xfactor and whatnot..well see..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotoflies)
    Yeah I guess speed doesn't really matter over that kind of distance. Did you run everyday?
    Normally took 1 day off a week to recover.
    • Welcome Squad

I want to work in London.

ReputationRep:
    Work hard to get into an american college and play college basketball -> NBA, or maybe just study at uni in the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    To pass my degree. Obviously I would want a first or 2.1 but tbh I'd be shocked at myself even just passing it. I'm studying my butt off and choosing modules I'm confident in to help me reach my goal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What ya studying?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    What ya studying?
    Biology

ReputationRep:
    Here's mine in case anyone was wondering:

Buy my mum a house. I've just gotten a job at a hedge fund and also do tutoring as a second income stream.

Run the western states 100: I've run 100km before so just more training really.

Read 1000 books: I just think it would be cool to do this, so I'm reading 2 books a week. (This will take a little under a decade).

Learn Mandarin: I can already speak Japanese, and Cantonese, so just new words to learn.

not going to bore people with the rest.
    What kind of books?

I have a several goals that I'd like to achieve.

In near term :
    -Complete my Masters. I only need to do 1 more module and the dissertation.
    -Decorate, unpack and get settled into my house. Its still a work in progress.
    -Plant my garden. I would like to have 1000 roses in my garden. The only rose I've planted are the thorny ones for a security barrier on top of my fence.
    -Complete my holiday cabin. Hopefully can have it completed before Christmas.
    -Hire my 50th above average and high income employee. Currently at 28 so halfway there.
    -Launch my newly incorporated company. Almost there, just need to complete the office, buy a few more hardware, hire a few more staff and decide on a name.
    -Refurbish and rebuild 40 homes into passive eco homes. I just need to complete 8 more.
    -Lose some weight. Been gaining weight heh.

Longer term goals:
    -Own 5000 acres of farm land across Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Iceland. After acquiring them I shall cultivate them using modern permaculture techniques. Not anywhere near reaching this goal, I should be at 10% by September if all things goes well. Hoping it could be achieved within 5 years.

-Own 30 hectares of forest each in Norway and Sweden, combination of pine, maple, spruce, oak and bamboo trees will be cultivated for landscaping, timber and biomass. At 20% now, hope to be at 50% by September and 100% by this time next year. Have to move quite fast on this as the land for it is dirt cheap but it is time consuming as trees take years to grow.

-Own 16 urban vertical farms in Norway and Sweden. Currently 4 under construction. The hope when it is successful that we could sell the services to build such farms for other people to run. Either way there are plans to have 16 and we hope to achieve this within 3 years.

-Expand my hotel business. Currently own 2 in Norway, 1 each in England and Iceland. 1 each in England and Iceland are now under refurbishment/construction and the one in Iceland will open in August while the one in England will be a September opening. In 5 years we hope to open 4 more in Norway, 4 in Denmark, 4 in Finland, 8 in Sweden and possibly 2 in Switzerland. All are 20-35 rooms, mid-priced boutique places, has a spa/massage place, a restaurants and a bar. Trying to brand them as a place that is affordable, clean, energetic, fresh, modern and relaxing establishments.

-Deconstruct 120 homes that are old and consume too much energy or space. Will reclaim any material in it that can be reused or upcycled. Will then build 200 new homes that are between 1 and 4 bedrooms, of a decent size, high quality, lots of green spaces, very low energy requirements and affordable for the location. Some we won't deconstruct it but will refurbish or preserve the interesting bits to it. We currently only do 40 per year primarily we get old buildings then renovate and refurbish it before selling it on as flats or townhouses.

-Manufacture 2000 buildings per year. Currently the workshop manufactures 80 homes annually all of them are custom built and finished to order. Quite well known that our products are very high quality, over-engineered, 0.002mm tolerance and very highly sought after. We now have a new workshop, several new machinery and capacity to build 2000 per year. Hopefully by next year we can be contracted to manufacture 1800 for others. We also hope our company will be the one people turn to when they want consultation with regard to building energy efficient or passive homes. In the longer term we hope to tell Boklok to bugger off and stop producing the crap houses they currently manufacture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    What kind of books?

I have a several goals that I'd like to achieve.

In near term :
    -Complete my Masters. I only need to do 1 more module and the dissertation.
    -Decorate, unpack and get settled into my house. Its still a work in progress.
    -Plant my garden. I would like to have 1000 roses in my garden. The only rose I've planted are the thorny ones for a security barrier on top of my fence.
    -Complete my holiday cabin. Hopefully can have it completed before Christmas.
    -Hire my 50th above average and high income employee. Currently at 28 so halfway there.
    -Launch my newly incorporated company. Almost there, just need to complete the office, buy a few more hardware, hire a few more staff and decide on a name.
    -Refurbish and rebuild 40 homes into passive eco homes. I just need to complete 8 more.
    -Lose some weight. Been gaining weight heh.

Longer term goals:
    -Own 5000 acres of farm land across Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Iceland. After acquiring them I shall cultivate them using modern permaculture techniques. Not anywhere near reaching this goal, I should be at 10% by September if all things goes well. Hoping it could be achieved within 5 years.

-Own 30 hectares of forest each in Norway and Sweden, combination of pine, maple, spruce, oak and bamboo trees will be cultivated for landscaping, timber and biomass. At 20% now, hope to be at 50% by September and 100% by this time next year. Have to move quite fast on this as the land for it is dirt cheap but it is time consuming as trees take years to grow.

-Own 16 urban vertical farms in Norway and Sweden. Currently 4 under construction. The hope when it is successful that we could sell the services to build such farms for other people to run. Either way there are plans to have 16 and we hope to achieve this within 3 years.

-Expand my hotel business. Currently own 2 in Norway, 1 each in England and Iceland. 1 each in England and Iceland are now under refurbishment/construction and the one in Iceland will open in August while the one in England will be a September opening. In 5 years we hope to open 4 more in Norway, 4 in Denmark, 4 in Finland, 8 in Sweden and possibly 2 in Switzerland. All are 20-35 rooms, mid-priced boutique places, has a spa/massage place, a restaurants and a bar. Trying to brand them as a place that is affordable, clean, energetic, fresh, modern and relaxing establishments.

-Deconstruct 120 homes that are old and consume too much energy or space. Will reclaim any material in it that can be reused or upcycled. Will then build 200 new homes that are between 1 and 4 bedrooms, of a decent size, high quality, lots of green spaces, very low energy requirements and affordable for the location. Some we won't deconstruct it but will refurbish or preserve the interesting bits to it. We currently only do 40 per year primarily we get old buildings then renovate and refurbish it before selling it on as flats or townhouses.

-Manufacture 2000 buildings per year. Currently the workshop manufactures 80 homes annually all of them are custom built and finished to order. Quite well known that our products are very high quality, over-engineered, 0.002mm tolerance and very highly sought after. We now have a new workshop, several new machinery and capacity to build 2000 per year. Hopefully by next year we can be contracted to manufacture 1800 for others. We also hope our company will be the one people turn to when they want consultation with regard to building energy efficient or passive homes. In the longer term we hope to tell Boklok to bugger off and stop producing the crap houses they currently manufacture.
    Great goals to have!

ReputationRep:
    I want to one day own a typewriter and write a novel on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    Biology
    I dun AS Biology, so many words

Don't get me started on god dam plants :huff:
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    My goal is to inherit my teacher's aikido club. To do that I've been training 4 times a week for the best part of 9 years.

ReputationRep:
    Live on Jobseekers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.