Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ask a heterosexual anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    How has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doob)
    i dont 'bully' them, strong black and white thinking here...

there is no 'straight pride' day or 'jewish pride' day, so why on earth must there be a 'gay pride' day?
    There shouldn't be and there would be no need for it if there was not all the repression. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Because LGBQT+ people have been marginalised and straight people have not
    Jewish people were brutally persecuted in WW2, yet they do not to have a 'Jewish pride' day.

why do LGBQT people have to then?

stop feeling sorry for yourselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferris Bueller)
    How has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    ****ing lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doob)
    Jewish people were brutally persecuted in WW2, yet they do not to have a 'Jewish pride' day.

And I would have no problem with a Jewish pride day. If Jewish people wanted one, I would support them

It's not up to you as a straight white man to tell LGBTQ+ people how to be comfortable with themselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doob)

stop feeling sorry for yourselves
    yeah but that wasn't a worldwide thing was it, it was a nutter and propaganda. Also there is such a thing. It is just on a much much smaller scale.

ReputationRep:
    1) so? If you trust a person that shouldn't be an issue

2) as above. Also why do people flatter themselves? Just because someone's queer doesn't mean they'll be attracted to ALL their same sex friends...

3) massive double standard
    I should make it clear first that I'm not talking about myself, as I would date a bi girl. I was just offering a possible explanation as to why some guys wouldn't.

1) When you first get into a relationship with someone there's a good chance you won't completely 100% trust them.

2) Yes, of course. I never said it would be all. But a straight girl will have absolutely no chance of being attracted to her female friends, while with a bi girl there's a chance.

3) How? It makes sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Are you attracted to your friends. Hopefully not so shut it.

A bi girl would not do that because she would realise the ramifications for her and her friend
    My female friends? Yes lol. And if I was bi, I'm sure by the same logic, I'd be attracted to some of my male friends.

That's a hell of a statement. A bi girl would NEVER do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    I should make it clear first that I'm not talking about myself, as I would date a bi girl. I was just offering a possible explanation as to why some guys wouldn't.

1) When you first get into a relationship with someone there's a good chance you won't completely 100% trust them.

2) Yes, of course. I never said it would be all. But a straight girl will have absolutely no chance of being attracted to her female friends, while with a bi girl there's a chance.

I would not say that there is no chance, sexuality is a spectrum and also a lot of girls particularly are more likely to experiment. That being said neither straight or bi is going to "prey" on their friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    yeah but that wasn't a worldwide thing was it, it was a nutter and propaganda. Also there is such a thing. It is just on a much much smaller scale.

6 million Jewish people were killed. It doesnt matter where it happened, i cant believe you made such an outlandish rationalisation. The fact is, there have been far greater tragedies in history, yet the LGBT community in general is melo-dramatic, when you put their struggles in perspective with recent history.

ReputationRep:

1) I dunno I think that's dodgy to date someone you don't trust

2) sexuality is fluid so you don't have a guarantee anyway!

3) why is it not cheating if a straight girl does it? I can understand having a problem with kissing girls, or being okay with it, but not being okay with it if she's straight but not if she is bi

ReputationRep:
    Tyrion_Lannister, fair play to you! I've found myself agreeing with EVERY point you're saying here, har har.

A person doesn't have to be deemed bisexual to do anything with the same-sex. We're free spirits - we should be enjoying the freedoms that the majority of the 21st Century Western Constitutions accepts - homosexuality/bisexuality, equality for men and women (with no 'dominance'), liberalism and freedom, amongst others.
    Unless, of course, you agree with the likes of Saudi Arabia, where it is illegal to drive - men have the dominance. I'm not a keen supporter of total feminism (regardless of my gender (which is male)), but I'm very liberal with social views. There shouldn't be a male-dominance over females! I'm sorry, but we're not still hunting witches, are we?

ReputationRep:
    My female friends? Yes lol. And if I was bi, I'm sure by the same logic, I'd be attracted to some of my male friends.

That's a hell of a statement. A bi girl would NEVER do that?
    okay never is perhaps a bit of sweeping statement. The majority.

I certainly would not be it would be weird seeing your friends in a sexual way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doob)
    6 million Jewish people were killed. It doesnt matter where it happened, i cant believe you made such an outlandish rationalisation. The fact is, there have been far greater tragedies in history, yet the LGBT community in general is melo-dramatic, when you put their struggles in perspective with recent history.
    Just because of catastrophes in history why should that mean that the LGBT are marginalized, when they might be able to make a bit of difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doob)
    You claim to not be homophobic, yet you are fight for homophobia.. :/

ReputationRep:
    1) I dunno I think that's dodgy to date someone you don't trust

2) sexuality is fluid so you don't have a guarantee anyway!

3) why is it not cheating if a straight girl does it? I can understand having a problem with kissing girls, or being okay with it, but not being okay with it if she's straight but not if she is bi
    1) I think unless you were very good friends before you got together, you would have to date them before having that level of trust.

2) Well, by definition a straight girl would have 0 chance of being attracted to females. You're right though, it's a spectrum. But a girl who identifies as straight will be far less likely to be attracted to her female friends than one who identifies as bi.

3) It's to do with the emotion I think. If there is no attraction then the kiss is just a meaningless action. I would find it hard to be annoyed about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    I would not say that there is no chance, sexuality is a spectrum and also a lot of girls particularly are more likely to experiment. That being said neither straight or bi is going to "prey" on their friends.
    See number 2 above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doob)
    The fact is, there have been far greater tragedies in history, yet the LGBT community in general is melo-dramatic, when you put their struggles in perspective with recent history.
    Recent history? Are you completely delusional? I'm horrified to even acknowldge that until 2000, a non-hetero person had tp be 18 to have sexual activities with non-heteros, whilst heterosexuals had this benefit for many years prior. Even worse, it was until 1967 that homosexuality was ILLEGAL in the UK!

Don't even get me started on Uganda, or their homophobic laws - I'll save you that, at least!

Even today, members of the LGBT community come under attack - there are still homophobes about! Look on YouTube at the Chancellor referring to Chris Bryant MP as a "pantomime dame", only a matter of years ago! This behaviour, even in the Commons is utterly disgraceful and should not be condoned, in any way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    okay never is perhaps a bit of sweeping statement. The majority.

I certainly would not be it would be weird seeing your friends in a sexual way.
    Exactly, so there's a chance, which is my point.

I don't see how. I am attracted to females, I can't stop that just because I become friends with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Just because of catastrophes in history why should that mean that the LGBT are marginalized, when they might be able to make a bit of difference.
    LOL at trying to morph my argument to fit your warped logic, you dont have much reading comprehension do you?

Alan Turing practically saved Britain from the Nazi's he was gay, and unfortunately committed suicide because of being persecuted for homosexuality.

I have no problem with homo's, what happened with Turing was a prime example of what i think is wrong, he never did anything but good, he pretty much kept his sexuality to himself yet he was persecuted for it.

What i find annoying is when people go out of their way to express their sexuality, it garners attention and hatred, and then they complain about ill treatment?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.