Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the same page as you, don't worry. Learnt basically the all the A/A* grade topics for maths by myself, because my teachers said some of them are "too hard". I'm in top set for goodness sake! Went into the maths exam not feeling prepared enough because I taught it myself, and I panicked, did not go with my gut instinct, even though it turned out I was correct! Maths is my absolute favourite subject, and I am really good at it. I achieved high 90's in my mocks, and the fact that I may not even get at least an A pains me because I may not be able to do it at the local Grammar school for A levels.
    I learnt the whole Computer Science syllabus because the teacher messed up and spent far too much time on the CA's, and most C3, B3 and P3 also.

I messed up a lot of exams due to not feeling confident enough and being under-prepared, but all we can do now is hope. It is not the end of the world if you don't get the GCSEs you want. A levels are much more important and we can redeem ourselves with them. This is helping me not get stressed over my results. I hope you do well, and don't let the grades you get put you down. I am sure they will not be TERRIBLE, but still good to normal standards (not tsr standards). If they're not all As/A*s, it's not the end of the world. :hugs:
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Michy0812)
    Hi Michy0812,

It sounds like you are going through quite a tough time at the moment. You say in the OP of this thread that you think that you compare yourself to your sister a lot, which is where most of your insecurities stem from. The pressures you are under as a result must be very hard for you to deal with, and I am sorry to hear this. You say that you are worried that you "may actually do something stupid" on results day. In one of your other posts, you talk about how you think you may feel borderline suicidal on the day. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you to be feeling like this.

Have you thought about speaking to someone close to you, such as close friends or family, as to how you have been feeling? Sometimes, just talking to someone close to you can really help deal with these feelings. You also mentioned that you suffer from bad anxiety. Maybe you could talk to your GP about this, and how you have been feeling?

If you feel unable to talk to these people, then you could consider contacting the Samaritans (http://www.samaritans.org/) or ChildLine (http://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx). ChildLine, despite its name may suggest, offers support to people up to and including the age of 18. You can contact both services by phone or, if you prefer, by email or by letter. Childline also offer a free 1:1 instant messaging service online.

I am sorry, but I'm going to close this thread now. This is not because we don't care or because we don't want to listen to you, but because threads that mention feeling suicidal can attract - either intentionally or unintentionally - insensitive or even dangerous replies, and so we are not in the best position to help you. The best people for you to talk to about these feelings would be the ones I have mentioned in this post. Please do get in touch with them. If there is anything that I can do for you, please feel free to send me a Private Message (PM) on here.

I do hope that you feel better soon.

Take care,
    usycool1
    Samaritan trained Study Help moderator

(Also, one last thing: If you want to talk about your exams/results in general, you are more than welcome to post on the GCSE Results Day 2014 chat thread. )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.