Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayjax)
    Yea I would like the laziness factor too but I am unsure whether I would enjoy being in the same exact area most of the time. I'll see how energetic I feel when I apply and I'll take it as a sign haha. You ever been out in York?
    I've been on a visit to the open day and loved it! But I've never actually been out in York, I'll have to have a day out before uni so I know where everything is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallMeBatwoman)
    I've been on a visit to the open day and loved it! But I've never actually been out in York, I'll have to have a day out before uni so I know where everything is
    The city centre is awesome. Its a unique city. Also the small roads and buildings make me feel tall which is always a welcome change for me haha. Never been on a night out though, just day trips. So I'm looking forward to seeing what that is like

ReputationRep:
    The city centre is awesome. Its a unique city. Also the small roads and buildings make me feel tall which is always a welcome change for me haha. Never been on a night out though, just day trips. So I'm looking forward to seeing what that is like
    It sounds really nice! I have a friend who went and said it was great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zef1995)
    Hey, I am hoping to study Biochemistry at York this September! And hoping to apply to Alcuin for accommodation
    I'm hoping to do Biology, so I might see you in lectures and stuff If not, I also like the look of Alcuin, but I think there aren't many of the room type I want there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_1995)
    I'm hoping to do Biology, so I might see you in lectures and stuff If not, I also like the look of Alcuin, but I think there aren't many of the room type I want there.
    Yes definitely, I think we have a few lectures together in first year! Alcuin does look nice, what kind of room are you looking for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zef1995)
    Yes definitely, I think we have a few lectures together in first year! Alcuin does look nice, what kind of room are you looking for?
    I'm getting excited now! 35 week ensuite, but apparently there aren't many of them in Alcuin, there are more in James. I will probably end up in Halifax though like most people seem to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_1995)
    I'm getting excited now! 35 week ensuite, but apparently there aren't many of them in Alcuin, there are more in James. I will probably end up in Halifax though like most people seem to
    Same here, not long to wait now! That's true, James college looks lovely too though, so hopefully you'll get either Alcuin or James (if you're considering James too that is) Haha maybe, but the accommodation in Halifax does look quite nice, and it doesn't seem to be as far away from the uni as people think which is a bonus

ReputationRep:
    I'll get on it think I could rock a platted beard to be fair haha.
    Hahaha that would be funny :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.