Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tnetennba)
    Sounds like most of the men I know tbh.

I agree. Which is why it puzzles me to see feminists wanting to act in this vulgar and uncivilised way.

ReputationRep:
    If you really believe that's all modern feminism stands for then you're deluded. A large sect of 'feminists' seem determined to play the victim whenever possible and spread the idea that if you're born a white male your life is literally perfect. It's also quite apparent that a lot of feminists want women's right and privilege to go beyond males.

The cards those girls are holding up aren't even vaguely confusing, they think feminism de-feminises them, makes them out to be victims etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spetznaaz)
    I didn't realise i had to state i am talking on average, thought that was kinda implied...
    Your mistake I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    The difference being, in all likelihood, that they had to put in more effort to achieve that.
    Not necessarily, some women even without training happen to be stronger than some men, faster than some men, better swimmers than some men. It's all very well talking about averages but such things are easily misleading when it comes to an individual man or woman who might be getting judged on that basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    Not necessarily, some women even without training happen to be stronger than some men, faster than some men, better swimmers than some men. It's all very well talking about averages but such things are easily misleading when it comes to an individual man or woman who might be getting judged on that basis.
    Is correct there will always weaker than average men and stronger than average women, but do you also agree that the very best of men will always beat the very best of women in the fields discussed, strength, speed and swimming?
    In fact in many intelectual fields too such as chess and numbers of people reaching genius levels in IQ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    Lol what? The whole reason feminism was created was because men didn't want women to have equal rights. More men won't join because they are happy with the place of women in society, but if women aren't it says alot.

Such a male dominated thread who have no idea that women still DO face plenty of struggles. Ugh.
    Looks like I badly got what you are open to incorrect. Hopefully the 1st video, will get you to ask what it is that society can do more for women.
    Then you will be able to answer as #Ridwan said: which rights you don't have that men do?
    What rights are men fighting for?

If men wanted to control women then, that would simply be that women can't own solely own bank accounts or property unless the Govt. or husband/father is also an owner. After all What would happen if no men showed up for work today?

I am not a historical person, more practical http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist_Feminism is where I thought the ideaology all started, 1880s.
    ==
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    I came across this article on Buzzfeed earlier today and it's about this tumblr which is called Women Against Feminism (go search for it if you wish to but prepared to get angry like I did). Basically the article posted pictures of 15 women holding up placards with why they are anti-feminism (although I don't understand why women would want to be anti-feminists but that's my opinion) but the cards didn't make sense in terms of what they think feminism is actually about as the cards kept mentioning playing the victim, self-control etc. Feminism is about equality for women in education, employment, politics, society, opinions not playing the victim which is something women aren't.

I made a summary of The_Fraud_of_Feminism published by Bax (1913), this along with links to stats/analyses of today's society, will really help understand what the Women Against Feminism are writing about. Feel free to ask for today's specific proofs.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post47813503: Females not punished for their crimes; anti man crusade; false allegations; always the injured party (i.e. victimhood); feminist lies, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    The fact that all the people in this thread saying 'we don't need feminism' are men says alot really doesn't it?
    What about the fact that the OP is referencing WOMEN who are against feminism? Does that "not say a lot"?
    I suppose they have all been coerced into it by men? lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    Is correct there will always weaker than average men and stronger than average women, but do you also agree that the very best of men will always beat the very best of women in the fields discussed, strength, speed and swimming?
    In fact in many intelectual fields too such as chess and numbers of people reaching genius levels in IQ?
    I think it is fair to say that in terms of statistics male physiology makes for greater potential strength, speed and physical endurance in relation to female physiology and, yes, elite male athletes are faster, stronger etc. than their female counterparts. The danger is, of course, that such statistics are used to discriminate against a person by virtue of being male or female and without knowing anything about their individual abilities and potentials. This is why I have previously posted to the effect that generalisations which are presented as universals are dangerous and misleading things.

As far as intellectual fields go I think you're on much weaker ground as it is easily argued that women have historically been excluded, whether formally or informally, economically, politically or culturally, from participation on equal terms in intellectual endeavours which have brought about a domination by men.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.