Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Soon-To-Be Year 10s: What GCSEs are you going to be doing? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    Lol, the subjects you just listed are my worst ones.
    Yeah, I prefer things like maths and physics- maths is actually my favourite subject, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My favourite subjects are French and Spanish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie !)
    Quite a lot of people do Latin. I'm surprised; we can't do Latin at my school. I do French and Spanish at my school. Some do German.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    not many schools do it, generally only some private or grammar schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinglebells)
    not many schools do it, generally only some private or grammar schools.
    I see. Do you enjoy it? Is it easy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I see. Do you enjoy it? Is it easy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i don't enjoy it but i'm pretty good at it so I'm taking it. it's not easy for most people though.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    i don't enjoy it but i'm pretty good at it so I'm taking it. it's not easy for most people though.
    Hi! I don't believe we have said hello! I'm karmacrunch, also Year 9!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people are doing Economics! I'm not. Isn't Economics a mixture of Business and Maths (I'm doing these two subjects), though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes it is quite a mixture of Business and Mathematics, although I think for Econ you need business skills and a mathematical mind, But Econ is practically business but its about the economy of the businesses and enterprises than learning about doing a business itself. But yes, its sort of a mixture! Maths, you'll need it almost everywhere haha (unless you're doing an Arts/Humanities subject) Business is apparently really fun though, if you understand it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Hi! I don't believe we have said hello! I'm karmacrunch, also Year 9!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hi
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    hi
    Hola! Have you already finished school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Hola! Have you already finished school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adityac3688)
    Yes it is quite a mixture of Business and Mathematics, although I think for Econ you need business skills and a mathematical mind, But Econ is practically business but its about the economy of the businesses and enterprises than learning about doing a business itself. But yes, its sort of a mixture! Maths, you'll need it almost everywhere haha (unless you're doing an Arts/Humanities subject) Business is apparently really fun though, if you understand it.
    Really? I heard that Business GCSE is really boring, which is why I'm kind of dreading it. I love the subject itself though, so I do hope it is fun! I've just finished Year 9 and we have been doing Business, but not the GCSE yet - that's for the next academic year.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! ������

I'm a year 10 soon! Whoop whoop... I'm doing double science and I have chosen... Child development, geography and media studies... Looking forward to doing them! But not exams ������ ha ha see ya well done for getting a A by the way! I get Bs
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Emjcainx)
    Hey! ������

I'm a year 10 soon! Whoop whoop... I'm doing double science and I have chosen... Child development, geography and media studies... Looking forward to doing them! But not exams ������ ha ha see ya well done for getting a A by the way! I get Bs
    Oh hi! I'm karmacrunch, also in Year 9!
    How are you?
    Nice choices, I'm taking geography too! What are you thinking of doing when you are older?

I'm taking, along with my compulsory subjects-

Geography
    German
    RS
    Textiles
    Language Leaders

Hopefully I'll get to do Ad Maths as well!

We have our Year 9 thread also to chat so feel free to do so!

Welcome :tsr:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really? I heard that Business GCSE is really boring, which is why I'm kind of dreading it. I love the subject itself though, so I do hope it is fun! I've just finished Year 9 and we have been doing Business, but not the GCSE yet - that's for the next academic year.
    Will it really depends! If you have a creative brain you'll probably like Business and ff you've got a sciency brain then you can adjust with many other analytical/logically thinking subjects. Many say its boring, but nevertheless many say its really fun as well! Search for the positives haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emjcainx)
    Hey! ������

Hi!

I'm a Year 10 soon too! Dreading the exams, though.
    Thanks! Bs are good too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will it really depends! If you have a creative brain you'll probably like Business and ff you've got a sciency brain then you can adjust with many other analytical/logically thinking subjects. Many say its boring, but nevertheless many say its really fun as well! Search for the positives haha
    I will!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I will!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with them, I'm sure you'll do just fine! Religion is compulsory for my school, but I don't think it's such a bad subject... Computer Science sounds interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! Good luck in yours too
    I'm not too sure about Religion since it might change for us (some people might not do it) but I guess I'll find out next year

ReputationRep:
    Finished year 11
    I am happy to answer questions

ReputationRep:
    Maths
    Further Maths
    English Language
    English Literature
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Drama
    Economics

Total of 15 exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marcusroye98)
    Finished year 11
    I am happy to answer questions
    What subject has the hardest GCSE in most people's opinions / which needs most revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.