Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingKitsune)
    My college sent my work off in mid-June (as I'd finished all of my work a few weeks early) and I still haven't heard anything. My friend, who had his sent off the same time, had his UCAS Track changed to Unconditional, so I know they've been sent to the universities. However, as mine was already Unconditional, it's actually quite frustrating not to have heard anything or had any results yet. -.-
    You don't really have anything to worry about then if you've already got an unconditional offer, you'll probably have your results in about a week or two - UCAS receives all results digitally, and the college itself is responsible for getting the certificates to the students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntdoug)
    You don't really have anything to worry about then if you've already got an unconditional offer, you'll probably have your results in about a week or two - UCAS receives all results digitally, and the college itself is responsible for getting the certificates to the students.
    Well, I'm not worrying about my offer, it's just the grades. I'm predicted a D*D* (I've only done the 90 Credit Diploma - I have other grades that contributed to my unconditional offer), and I'm anxious to find out whether I've got the Distinction in all of my units or not.

I know my friend hasn't got his results, as he hasn't mentioned anything on Facebook/Instagram. And my mum's keeping an eye out while I'm at my boyfriend's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingKitsune)
    Well, I'm not worrying about my offer, it's just the grades. I'm predicted a D*D* (I've only done the 90 Credit Diploma - I have other grades that contributed to my unconditional offer), and I'm anxious to find out whether I've got the Distinction in all of my units or not.

I know my friend hasn't got his results, as he hasn't mentioned anything on Facebook/Instagram. And my mum's keeping an eye out while I'm at my boyfriend's
    My mate from college just got his results today or the day before, they might not arrive at the same time. Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    My university confirmed my place today, so quite relieved.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petey7)
    BTEC's, concerning a particular field, tend to cover a far broader spectrum of subject matter than a singular A-level in a specific subject. That's why when a person attains overall grade DDD on a BTEC Extended Diploma in a given subject it is equivalent to three A grades at A-level in that subject. Effectively, the BTEC student who has completed their Diploma and gotten those grades is far more qualified to begin a course in that field than a student who has only completed one A-level in a subject relating to that field.

A university will prefer a student who has completed a BTEC Ext Dip in Applied Science (equivalent to 3 A-Levels in Applied Science) to a student who has completed an A-level in Chemistry. They'll similarly recognize that a student who has completed a BTEC Ext Dip in Mechanical Engineering is every bit as qualified to begin a degree in the field as a student who has completed A-Levels in Physics, Maths and Computing, perhaps even more qualified since their knowledge of those three subjects is focused towards Mechanical Engineering day-in-day-out rather than three standalone subjects.

Not only that, but BTEC Extended Diplomas tend to be far more beneficial on a practical level than A-levels are. Music is a perfect example. A-Level music comprises a fairly narrow scope and focus compared to the BTEC wherein recording, mastering, sound engineering, gigging, classical composition, theory, musical analysis, singing, historical analysis, team projects, business planning, the major areas of the music industry, community music, musical teaching skills, rehearsal, music in film and the social psychology of music are covered alongside various other areas. Obviously the BTEC gives its students a far broader study than the A-level and therefore qualifies the student to take on practically any musical course at university, where the A-level is overwhelmingly tailored to the classical genre and not much else.

As for the topic of the thread, BTEC do send your results to your university (at least, if you've done an Extended Dip), and the timing varies on which batches they process first, though in reality you should hear in the next few weeks.

You can also get a type of certificate, which is designed for admissions purposes and isn't the actual certificate of qualifications, from your college and manually send it to the university's admission department, though I don't know if it will speed things up any.
    Love love love your post! I looked down at btec students last year until I ended up as one my self after failing my alevels. Big mistake (looking down at them)! I swear btec isnt easy and I failed alevels due to issues Id had, lack of focus, poor concentration and a lack of motivation so its nothing to do with ability. I retook some alevels along with my btec and may have not done well again this year(awaiting results) but the reason for that really is my btec. It is not easy. It requires time and dedication and it took up time which I would have loved to have free for studying for exams) And i was so shocked to realize I understood a lot of chem theory for my a level because of practicals i did for btec. Also, I attended UCL's summer school for science and did a ton of practicals there which I did for btec later on. That was a big surprise and a good one. So no one should ever look down at btec students. People choose it as an easy way out and some as a second choice but those who dont put the work in fall through the sieve just like any other student doing a levels. Ill be applying to medicine with my btec and some alevels. Whether I get in or not isnt an indication of my intelligence or rather the reputation of my course as such but IS an indication of the dedication and prospects a btec student has the capacity of having and the level of success we are more than capable of. Just like an Alevel student.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnsHatun)
    Love love love your post! I looked down at btec students last year until I ended up as one my self after failing my alevels. Big mistake (looking down at them)! I swear btec isnt easy and I failed alevels due to issues Id had, lack of focus, poor concentration and a lack of motivation so its nothing to do with ability. I retook some alevels along with my btec and may have not done well again this year(awaiting results) but the reason for that really is my btec. It is not easy. It requires time and dedication and it took up time which I would have loved to have free for studying for exams) And i was so shocked to realize I understood a lot of chem theory for my a level because of practicals i did for btec. Also, I attended UCL's summer school for science and did a ton of practicals there which I did for btec later on. That was a big surprise and a good one. So no one should ever look down at btec students. People choose it as an easy way out and some as a second choice but those who dont put the work in fall through the sieve just like any other student doing a levels. Ill be applying to medicine with my btec and some alevels. Whether I get in or not isnt an indication of my intelligence or rather the reputation of my course as such but IS an indication of the dedication and prospects a btec student has the capacity of having and the level of success we are more than capable of. Just like an Alevel student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Excuse my inability to write in paragraphs and use punctuation. Im really tired and not bothered to write in such ways that require me to think more than my energy levels are allowing me to. I hope others on this post or the user that said all btecs should be abolished doesn't judge my intelligence and all other btec students due to my lack of grammar etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck all and i hope you get into your firms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Best of luck all and i hope you get into your firms
    Thanks, you too.

ReputationRep:
    Got my results today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleighisonfire)
    Got my results today!
    how did they go?

ReputationRep:
    Got my results today as well D*D* in my 90 Credit Diploma in Business so pleased, I've worked really hard for it this year!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys! I got my uni place just over 3 weeks ago and now just waiting for the actual certificate! I think I have DDD or D*DD

ReputationRep:
    how did they go?
    Exactly what I expected thanks, how about yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleighisonfire)
    Exactly what I expected thanks, how about yours?
    I'm not a Btec student. I'm on a gap year now. I completed my Alevels last summer and did decently. I just posted on here to wish everyone luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Btec student. I'm on a gap year now. I completed my Alevels last summer and did decently. I just posted on here to wish everyone luck
    Aww how sweet

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting on mine. Although I already know my final grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLay1)
    Still waiting on mine. Although I already know my final grade.
    Still waiting on mine too, feels like it taking forever for the uni to get my grades! I thought I'd have it all sorted and my certificates by now :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holliver)
    Still waiting on mine too, feels like it taking forever for the uni to get my grades! I thought I'd have it all sorted and my certificates by now :P
    Yeah, hopefully we'll both get ours soon!

ReputationRep:
    The University has confirmed my place which is a good sign
    Entry grades were DDD but I have definitely got D*D*D*
    Not too nervous about results day now seeing as I have my place but good luck to everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saleem Aslam)
    The University has confirmed my place which is a good sign
    Entry grades were DDD but I have definitely got D*D*D*
    Not too nervous about results day now seeing as I have my place but good luck to everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats, which uni are you going to and what are you studying?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.