Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does true love exist? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamzahid)
    And does it ever come back to you?
    Are you talking about the kind of love that happens between a man and a woman?

Why do you call love 'true love'?

Is there a 'false love'?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I understand where you coming from. Love to me is complicated in the sense that it can come in many forms. Love can come back yes, but with hard work and patience. No love is the same.
    That's right! perhaps every single one has an own imagination of true love? So true love exists, but in many forms for many different views?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    That's right! perhaps every single one has an own imagination of true love? So true love exists, but in many forms for many different views?
    as one man who I love used to say "Love is a complex phenomena" evidently, this thread is about him....

ReputationRep:
    No. It's a really cheesy concept created by Hollywood film makers to help sell their films. It plays no part in the real world. Ask anyone who has been married for a few months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    No. It's a really cheesy concept created by Hollywood film makers to help sell their films. It plays no part in the real world. Ask anyone who has been married for a few months.
    married couples aren't the best sort of people to ask really. I mean, many have claimed that they are each others true love and people still show that they love each other despite being married for so long.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yes I believe it exists though you don't feel it instantly, it grows and develops over time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    Yes I believe it exists though you don't feel it instantly, it grows and develops over time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree, Love at first sight is probably just based on physical attraction not personality

ReputationRep:
    I agree, Love at first sight is probably just based on physical attraction not personality
    Love at first sight is exactly what it says, except it would be more correct to call it infatuation at first sight. An overly positive experience from the hormones and chemicals released into your body, in response to a person matching a fictitious character your subconscious has put together.

Personality then, as you pointed out has absolutely no influence on this reaction. Except for a few clauses. You got to know each other as pen pals (never physically seeing each other until that point). Clause 2 somebody you know has been telling you everything about this person, which can be awkward if it turns out to be their partner and the experience is mutual. :ninja:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.