Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You guys ever approached a girl ? Would you have done so in this situation ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    Describing people as numbers is entirely unacceptable.

You can't tell if a girl is 9/10 just by looking at her ffs. All your can tell is her superficial physical appearance, are you suggesting that is all that matters for judging the attractiveness of a fellow human being? What a demeaning idea that is.

And 9/10 for whom? A numerical scale assumes an objective set of criterion upon which attractiveness can be measured, which is clearly fatuous bull****.

Anyone who uses objectifying and misogynistic conceits such as describing women as numbers or acronyms merely reveals a powerful and deepseated level of misogyny and disrespect for women as autonomous human beings.

One day you will look back on your post with regret in the same way that many people now regret making a racist or homophobic comment 20 years ago.
    As I said before, I rate MEN out of 10, not women, because on the whole I don't want to bang women.

Obviously anyone I rate 9/10 is a 9/10 for me, since I'm the one that's theoretically interested in pursuing some relationship with them.

If I met someone on the street who I thought was really hot and wangled a date with him, but then he turned out to be unattractive to me in other ways, I wouldn't continue our relationship; I'd just break it off in a friendly and civil way and we would go our separate ways (or be friends if we wanted to).

If I met someone at board games society who really loved Ticket to Ride, same as me, and I wangled a date with him, but then he turned out to be unattractive to me in other ways, I wouldn't continue our relationship; I'd just break it off in a friendly and civil way and we would go our separate ways (or be friends if we wanted to).

Looks are just one thing, and often the first thing you see, so they're as good as any other basis for initiating contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopi, ffs)
    As I said before, I rate MEN out of 10, not women, because on the whole I don't want to bang women.

Obviously anyone I rate 9/10 is a 9/10 for me, since I'm the one that's theoretically interested in pursuing some relationship with them.

If I met someone on the street who I thought was really hot and wangled a date with him, but then he turned out to be unattractive to me in other ways, I wouldn't continue our relationship; I'd just break it off in a friendly and civil way and we would go our separate ways (or be friends if we wanted to).

If I met someone at board games society who really loved Ticket to Ride, same as me, and I wangled a date with him, but then he turned out to be unattractive to me in other ways, I wouldn't continue our relationship; I'd just break it off in a friendly and civil way and we would go our separate ways (or be friends if we wanted to).

Looks are just one thing, and often the first thing you see, so they're as good as any other basis for initiating contact.
    and two wrongs make a right? If you objectify me, that makes it ok for me to objectify you? Of course not, don't be so ridiculous.

What's the point in describing someone as "a five" if its a subjective scale? its an entirely meaningless construct without an assumption of objectivity.

ReputationRep:
    Please keep discussion on topic.

The OP has asked for advice on what should he have done in his situation, not for a debate on feminism, misogyny or anything else. If you wish to debate this you are free to in the debate forums, the H&R forums are for advice. Any further arguments or insults and this thread will be closed.

ReputationRep:
    This is one of those things that teenagers seem to think, that misogynists get all the girls, bullies get promoted at work, and the best way to get on in life is to stab as many people in the back as you can. Its like "nice guy" syndrome.

Fortunately, its 100% untrue. I've seen it from both angles, I know guys who thought their good looks meant they could be disrespectful to women and found out the hard way that a reputation for being a ******** spreads, and over the age of 20, women aren't willing to take your bull**** anymore.

I've also experienced first hand that if you treat women well and respectfully, not only do they wish to sleep with you, but they tell their friends and their friends friends and soon the whole campus is giving you the eye everytime you walk in the uni bar.

TRUST ME. Misogynists get dumped, Bullies get sacked, and if you stab people in the back you will have no friends and no allies.
    I never said "misogynists get all the girls". I said that some of the most horrible guys around still get laid more than your average man.
    Emphasis on "some". You can't say that they don't get laid, full stop.

I agree that as women get older they usual start to tolerate less rubbish from men.

It's interesting that you say:
    "I've also experienced first hand that if you treat women well and respectfully, not only do they wish to sleep with you"
    which interestingly contradicts a later statement:
    Well, the very, very first thing you need to understand is that there IS no one way to talk to women, because get this, THEY'RE ALL DIFFERENT.
    That's definitely part of what makes women want to sleep with you in particular. But each guy's different. You're telling people to do what you do, to get the results you get.

But again, each guy is different and has different ways of doing things, but can still get the same results. And as you said, each woman is different. For some, being respectful doesn't create a desire for them to sleep with a guy. For some it does.

Some women are up for being approached on the street, or don't care about being harmlessly rated; some do, because, as you said: They're all different.

ReputationRep:

Here's a clue for you: misogynists don't get laid. t.
    Now I know I promised not to respond to your endless bull**** again but this I found too funny to pass up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous Coward)
    I never said "misogynists get all the girls". I said that some of the most horrible guys around still get laid more than your average man.
    Emphasis on "some". You can't say that they don't get laid, full stop.
    They are probably attractive in other ways, and get laid despite the repugnant personal views, not because of them. However, this will probably not last long.

I agree that as women get older they usual start to tolerate less rubbish from men.

It's interesting that you say:
    which interestingly contradicts a later statement:

That's definitely part of what makes women want to sleep with you in particular. But each guy's different. You're telling people to do what you do, to get the results you get.

But again, each guy is different and has different ways of doing things, but can still get the same results. And as you said, each woman is different. For some, being respectful doesn't create a desire for them to sleep with a guy. For some it does.

Some women are up for being approached on the street, or don't care about being harmlessly rated; some do, because, as you said: They're all different.

Yes women are clearly all different, and there is therefore no single way to talk to them that is any different from how you might talk to any other human being; however, that doesn't mean there aren't some things they all have in common, otherwise there would be no point in giving any advice to the OP or similarly confused posters whatsoever.

I might be wrong, but I don't think there are many women out there that like being messed about and treated poorly. This is certainly not an approach I would advocate. Although it is not completely impossible that you could chance across a woman with some kind of personality disorder that means she genuinely loves misogynistic pricks that treat her like ****, I would suggest to you, and to OP, that this approach is almost certain to be destined for ultimate failure.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.