Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is the best player in the premier league/who will have the best season next year? Watch

• View Poll Results: Best player in the premier league
    Sanchez
    7.26%
    Ozil
    6.45%
    Hazard
    12.90%
    Mata
    1.61%
    Diego Costa
    2.42%
    Daniel Sturridge
    4.84%
    Raheem Sterling
    3.23%
    Robin Van Persie
    4.03%
    Vincent Kompany
    3.23%
    John Terry
    1.61%
    Fabregas
    4.03%
    Mertesacker
    0.81%
    David Silva
    1.61%
    Sergio Aguero
    8.87%
    Yaya Toure
    34.68%
    Other
    2.42%

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the EPL is the place for World Class players to ply their trade anymore.

Aguero is probably the best we have in this league, and he is VERY well paid at Citeh, but without that extra dosh I doubt even he would stay here if a team from a real league came calling (i.e. Real, Barca, Bayern).

ReputationRep:
    Aguero. All time greatest goals per minute figure speaks for itself.

Toure, Silva, next on the list probably.

Then van Persie.

Hazard, Sturridge, Koscielny, Mata, Kompany make a top 9.

ReputationRep:
    Personally not convinced that Toure is going to have a season as good as this again. Defensively he's also a liability, too complacent when tracking back or on the ball in his own half.

Magnificent going forward though, a true natch winner. Take out his penalties because a fit Aguero will take them, and take out his free kicks (personally just think he had a fluke season, 4 goals in 6 kicks is ridiculous) and you're left with 9 open play goals in the league. Still a match winner, the second best player last year, but I'd choose Aguero over him.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to win a World Cup winners medal to be considered the best?

Between Ozil and Fabregas for me.

(Or Navas and Torres who aren't in your list)

ReputationRep:
    Why is Diego Costa there when Wayne Rooney isn't jam? Surely he's got to be there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Why is Diego Costa there when Wayne Rooney isn't jam? Surely he's got to be there.
    There is an other option for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    Amazed that Yaya is getting so many votes compared with Aguero

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Amazed that Yaya is getting so many votes compared with Aguero
    Had a better season than Aguero, not too surprising. Football fans are fickle. There was someone a few weeks ago (before the WC) saying that van Persie isn't in their top 10 PL players because of the season he just had lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry McDermott)
    Had a better season than Aguero, not too surprising. Football fans are fickle. There was someone a few weeks ago (before the WC) saying that van Persie isn't in their top 10 PL players because of the season he just had lol.
    Personally I think RVP is still capable of getting 20+ goals next season but he's lost quite a bit since his peak 2011-2013 years. Movement is way off and that was what made him so unplayable.Still got the pure technique to put chances away of course but he's getting old now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    I voted Toure.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero. All time greatest goals per minute figure speaks for itself.

Toure, Silva, next on the list probably.

Then van Persie.

Hazard, Sturridge, Koscielny, Mata, Kompany make a top 9.
    Koscielny and Kompany over Terry?

ReputationRep:
    Stylo92: "Why isn't Ross Barkley on this list?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Personally I think RVP is still capable of getting 20+ goals next season but he's lost quite a bit since his peak 2011-2013 years. Movement is way off and that was what made him so unplayable.Still got the pure technique to put chances away of course but he's getting old now.
    Yup agree with that. Don't know if movement is the issue, he was playing half fit under Moyes and still had a decent season when he was on the pitch. But yeah it's hard to see him getting back to his peak years. Never reliant on pace and he's probably not suffered long term burnout given he never played much when he was younger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Koscielny and Kompany over Terry?
    Not a huge fan of Terry, refer Cahill out of their duo. Zabaleta is there or thereabouts too.

Defo think that the three city players are ahead of the rest atm though. Scary that the top three players in one league all belong to the same team.

ReputationRep:
    Not a huge fan of Terry, refer Cahill out of their duo. Zabaleta is there or thereabouts too.

Defo think that the three city players are ahead of the rest atm though. Scary that the top three players in one league all belong to the same team.
    Aguero and Toure yes, but I'm not convinced Silva is better than RVP, Mata and Hazard.

ReputationRep:
    Voted for Sergiooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Aguero and Toure yes, but I'm not convinced Silva is better than RVP, Mata and Hazard.
    Too many games bypass him but I'm still a huge fan. His ability in tight spaces to unlock a defence is second to none. I'd defo put him ahead of Hazard. Mata too, given Mata's last season (although Mata is a serious goals/assists machine). Personal choice I guess for Mata/vP though.

ReputationRep:
    Too many games bypass him but I'm still a huge fan. His ability in tight spaces to unlock a defence is second to none. I'd defo put him ahead of Hazard. Mata too, given Mata's last season (although Mata is a serious goals/assists machine). Personal choice I guess for Mata/vP though.
    Mata's a funny guy. He won't seem like he's done much and like he's always on the periphery, then you'll see his stats and he'll be averaging a goal/assist every game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Baffled that Silva only has one vote.

But, yeah, it's Yaya Toure. Next question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Mata's a funny guy. He won't seem like he's done much and like he's always on the periphery, then you'll see his stats and he'll be averaging a goal/assist every game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    His final pass is usually very good, a bit similar to Ozil in that respect.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.