Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwalmsley)
    Oh sorry, forgetting that not everyone is a rower, just a load of rowing machines basically.
    ahh cheers, i think i'll be staying clear of that one then!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Lyndsey,

Going to be doing a MA in Social work, did undergrad in Leeds, so not moving too far...

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I'm technically a masters student now!

Maths and Computer Science student going into my fourth year of a straight to masters degree at York.

ReputationRep:
    MSc in Digital Heritage, here. Can't wait to start.

Are you guys planning to do something for the freshers week? Or are we not freshers at all?

ReputationRep:
    im personally not a big party guy regardless, but you might as well join in with the festivities!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! I'm Zach and I'm starting on the M.Sc. in Fusion Energy at York in the Fall. I'm an American, so I'm a bit nervous about being unfamiliar with the British system, but I'm looking forward to studying a subject I'm passionate about in a really cool city!

By the way, is anyone else having trouble accessing the "A-Z list of societies at york" webpage? It was fine all summer until a few weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Zach, I'm Angelo. Check out this document I found on the Yusu website.

I can understand why you're a bit nervous about the British university system (like you, I've never studied in the UK), but don't worry...I'm sure everything will be fine after the first couple of weeks (or at least I hope so lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown Nerd)
    By the way, is anyone else having trouble accessing the "A-Z list of societies at york" webpage? It was fine all summer until a few weeks ago.
    I think they took down the last year's list for the new year. It looks like the link points to a google doc now, though.

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I guess this would be the best place to post although i'm not actually a master student.

Hi, I'm Junius (Male -27) and I will be starting my PhD in Economics at York. Should be arriving late September. Im from a tiny island in the Caribbean (Saint Lucia). Coming to England and York is therefore quite intimidating. Really hoping for a warm welcome that would make the prospect of moving from a tropical "paradise" to the cold of England less daunting. Would love to meet everyone so feel free to say hi. Maybe we can be friends before I even get there.

Still sorta looking for a place to live so any help on that front would be welcomed. Pleased to meet everyone :-P

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, Im doing the MA in Eighteenth Century Studies this year and in case there are any people joining I have set up a facebook page. It's searchable under "CECS Ma 2014-15" so if you are joining or know anyone who is let them know thanks !

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! My name is Zoe and I'm starting MA Cultural Heritage Management at York in September. Still got things like accommodation to organise but looking forward to starting the course and meeting some new people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva89)
    Hello everybody!

I'm Rachele, Italian, 25yo and I'll study Political Philosophy in the Department of Politics.

Cheers!
    Ciao Rachele!

Sto per cominciare la laurea magistrale in canto, ed anche lavoro qualche volta a Milano. Vorresti aiutarmi praticare il mio italiano? Ho dimenticato quasi tutto >.<

Hannah

ReputationRep:
    Also hi everyone else :P I'm Hannah and I'll be doing an MA in music along with 4 other people. Hoping to squeeze as much "uni experience" out of this year as possible, as adulthood is looming far too much! Will anyone else be working while they study? I really hope I can juggle it... Also is anyone else living at the Boulevard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oriana_)
    Also hi everyone else :P I'm Hannah and I'll be doing an MA in music along with 4 other people. Hoping to squeeze as much "uni experience" out of this year as possible, as adulthood is looming far too much! Will anyone else be working while they study? I really hope I can juggle it... Also is anyone else living at the Boulevard?
    I'm working part time whilst i study and also I am living in the Boulevard too! Nice to meet you

ReputationRep:
    For anyone staying at the uni can we turn up any time on the 20th or the 21st?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellie220)
    I'm working part time whilst i study and also I am living in the Boulevard too! Nice to meet you
    Nice to meet you too! what kind of work are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Nice to meet you too! what kind of work are you doing?
    Just working at a mobile phone shop! I'm doing 20 hours a week which is still pretty exhausting! Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Just working at a mobile phone shop! I'm doing 20 hours a week which is still pretty exhausting! Yourself?

ah that's cool! good find I'm doing project management for this company I'm working for at the mo, just hoping their version of "part time" fits in with mine!

ReputationRep:
    ah that's cool! good find I'm doing project management for this company I'm working for at the mo, just hoping their version of "part time" fits in with mine!
    That's a lot better than my job! Although it does sound quite hard! Yeah, I decided to go for the easier possible job with the best hours possible - they're super flexible so it means I'm able to take whatever days I want off for University
    Also, which block are you in at the Boulevard I've moved in already and I've literally met no one, I feel like such a loner!

ReputationRep:
    That's a lot better than my job! Although it does sound quite hard! Yeah, I decided to go for the easier possible job with the best hours possible - they're super flexible so it means I'm able to take whatever days I want off for University
    Also, which block are you in at the Boulevard I've moved in already and I've literally met no one, I feel like such a loner!
    Well, let's just see if I can keep up with it first lol!!!
    Awwww I have no idea which block I'm in - I won't be moving in til the 27th it feels SO FAR AWAY! Which are you in? We'll have to hang out for a cuppa when I move up! Is there nobody else moved in yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.