Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fresher's Week Budget - How much?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    Holy crap this has freaked me out. Does anyone know if funding from SAAS arrives in time for freshers week?

I was only hoping to spend £100 or under not including food shop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't worry if I were you because you can make it as cheap as you want really

Just have pre drinks before you go and club entry etc won't be that much

Buy your food for freshers before you go with your parents so they can help you buy it (if you can't do this, live off things like pasta and soup to keep costs down before you get your loan)

Also, if worst case scenario you might miss a night or two of freshers but that won't ruin your freshers week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizziec1996)
    I wouldn't worry if I were you because you can make it as cheap as you want really

Just have pre drinks before you go and club entry etc won't be that much

Buy your food for freshers before you go with your parents so they can help you buy it (if you can't do this, live off things like pasta and soup to keep costs down before you get your loan)

Also, if worst case scenario you might miss a night or two of freshers but that won't ruin your freshers week
    Thank you for the reassurance! I'm a big worrier and that's made me feel a bit better
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you go out at the beginning and end of the week. Those are the big nights and those are gonna matter.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the reassurance! I'm a big worrier and that's made me feel a bit better
    I'm sure it'll be fine
    It's easy to budget with food which will give you more money for events in freshers

Also drinks and stuff will be cheap
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're coming over to Worcester, then that **** aint cheap. :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it'll be fine
    It's easy to budget with food which will give you more money for events in freshers

Yeah i'm not to worried about food and i'm planning on getting the 'rents to buy all the toiletries and other bits and bobs.

How expensive is joining societies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Just make sure you go out at the beginning and end of the week. Those are the big nights and those are gonna matter.
    Thanks for the tip!

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're coming over to Worcester, then that **** aint cheap. :P
    In student clubs they're pretty cheap. Universities also usually put on events with cheap drinks since everyone's poor lol
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Societies are generally free-£10. Sports teams are more expensive.

If you join a sports team then prepare to go out every Wednesday.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    In student clubs they're pretty cheap. Universities also usually put on events with cheap drinks since everyone's poor lol
    We don't have a student club - We have SU affiliated clubs but they still milk everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm not to worried about food and i'm planning on getting the 'rents to buy all the toiletries and other bits and bobs.

How expensive is joining societies?
    Yeah exactly, I think societies prices vary depending on what the society is. Maybe you could try looking on your university website or Facebook page to see

ReputationRep:
    We don't have a student club - We have SU affiliated clubs but they still milk everyone.
    Ah right really :/
    I'm going to campus uni (hopefully) so eveything in freshers is catered towards making it cheap for students. There's also a few clubs in the city run by students union which are cheap
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Ah right really :/
    I'm going to campus uni (hopefully) so eveything in freshers is catered towards making it cheap for students. There's also a few clubs in the city run by students union which are cheap
    The Uni campus has a big bar that does act like a nightclub at times but nothing like Lincoln for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Societies are generally free-£10. Sports teams are more expensive.

If you join a sports team then prepare to go out every Wednesday.
    Yeah exactly, I think societies prices vary depending on what the society is. Maybe you could try looking on your university website or Facebook page to see
    Thanks for your help, guys

ReputationRep:
    bout 350 quid SRS

ReputationRep:
    I know one guy (my flatmates boyfriend) that claimed to spend over a grand in how freshers, I don't think all of his "purchases" were entirely legit though and one of his mates bought a live snake

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on taking about £350+ for Freshers. I'm stocking up on booze now for predrinks and my parents are putting food (tins etc.) and toilertries away that will keep me ticking over for a bit when I first start.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran-SAFC)
    I'm planning on taking about £350+ for Freshers. I'm stocking up on booze now for predrinks and my parents are putting food (tins etc.) and toilertries away that will keep me ticking over for a bit when I first start.
    Your mission, as soon as you get into your halls, is to put the beer in the fridge and put the spirits in the freezer. CLAIM YOUR SPACE.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.