Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who pays, girl or guy? watch

ReputationRep:
    Split the cost 50/50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousmouse)
    So if you go on a date or are in a relationship, do you pay for the girl always or split costs evenly when going out? Girls and guys what do you prefer?
    Is it a deal breaker if the girl expects you to pay most of the time?
    How about some equality... pay for what YOU ate and drank.

On a serious note, I'd pay for the girl.

ReputationRep:
    What a minefield.

So with 2 different women, you could pay for one and be a sexist pig, and you could not pay for the other and be a tightarse who is cheap.

Who would want to be a guy eh?

ReputationRep:
    Quite often if I go to a nice restaurant I'll pay for the food and the girl will pay for drinks - usually goes down well with them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think that the guy should offer on the first date if he asked the girl out but that the girl should refuse and split the bill 50/50. From then on I think either 50/50 or alternating who pays. It's not right to expect the guy to pay but it's nice if they offer!

ReputationRep:
    Whoever asks the other on the first date should pay. That's usually the guy. I think it should be 50\50 from then on or taking turns. If she expects you to pay all the time, she can jog on.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    50/50.

ReputationRep:
    I usually pay, especially in my more recent relationships.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In my relationship its usually my partner that pays for things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
    I usually pay, especially in my more recent relationships.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's easy when you're 10k/day CEOing sailing through life.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Split every time until further into the relationship :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousmouse)
    So if you go on a date or are in a relationship, do you pay for the girl always or split costs evenly when going out? Girls and guys what do you prefer?
    Is it a deal breaker if the girl expects you to pay most of the time?
    For all 3 first dates I've had, I've paid for the both of us and the girls have been happy to accept. I think this is a nice thing to do from a guy's perspective or at least offer to pay, especially since I've asked her out. The next couple of dates, we've mostly split the costs - like she pays for the activity and I pay for dinner and drinks. Once we're into a serious relationship, we've taken turns or continued to split the costs. So if I planned a day out together, I would pay for most of it and likewise, from her side if she wanted to go somewhere in particular. It also sometimes depends on which one of us has money to spend!

I think it's a bit unfair if she wants me to pay all the time. But overall, I'm quite relaxed about who pays. Thankfully, my ex girlfriends have been very nice in this regard

ReputationRep:
    Whoever earns more/take it in turns/split it down the middle

ReputationRep:
    Split, and take it in turns to pay.

After a certain point you don't necessarily keep tabs on who last paid, but both generally taking it in turns to treat each other is nice

ReputationRep:
    Depends on our financial situation. We usually decide these things before going out though. Usually take it in turns cause it makes sense to.

The awk is strong, if you're seen talking about who's paying whilst you're at the place. :lol:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.