The Student Room Group

Thousands of women join Hairy Legs Club movement

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shutupem
I don't see what's wrong with not shaving your legs, men don't shave theirs and I find it a bit weird that it's considered standard for women to. I shave mine, that's a personal choice because I like it more. I don't think it matters, it all depends what you like. But I don't think it should be considered essential for girls to shave.

There's definitely nothing wrong with it. It's their legs after all. But for some reason female are on average less hairy than the male counter parts. The shaving thing is a way of emphasizing that, helps attract a partner, evolution and all that.
Women are free to do what they want, but it just isn't attractive to me. It's as simple as that, no need to argue. I'm sure my. Opinion is shared with the majority of males on this forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scrotgrot
I wish they would "just not shave their legs" rather than turning it into a tedious narcissistic political statement.

StevieA's irrational disgust is completely inexplicable to me. Anyone reasonable and certainly anyone who has spent any time at all in a committed relationship is completely desensitised to both the notion and reality of the décoiffée woman. Half the time I'm shaving hairs on my girlfriend's legs that she's missed myself.

He doesn't get asked out apparently so I can only assume he has little to no experience with the opposite sex. He probably expects women's p*****s to be completely hairless as well.
Who needs men to infantilise women when they do such a good job at it themselves.
:puke:
Original post by Unkempt_One
Who needs men to infantilise women when they do such a good job at it themselves.

Your username tho...

Anyway, I don't see how it is infantile to not shave. Just to not conform to societal expectations is now infantile? Jheez

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Yes, god forbid women who don't want to shave their legs just don't shave their legs.

Seriously, if you're walking past people in the street, are you looking at their legs? I certainly don't. So what does it matter if their legs are shaved or not?

It's one of those things

If you want to not shave your legs, buy 12 cats and die alone that's fine, it really is your choice. Lots of men get fat, wear trenchcoats, fedoras and cargo shorts and spend all their lives gaming, but it's not something you should take pride in or turn into a social movement.
Original post by Mubariz
Your username tho...

Anyway, I don't see how it is infantile to not shave. Just to not conform to societal expectations is now infantile? Jheez

Posted from TSR Mobile

From my username I am in a sense a supporter of the hairy legs movement, but 'to not conform to societal expectations' isn't the infantile part about it, it's making a ridiculous and silly social media campaign about it. Oh well, I'm probably being too critical about it when it doesn't matter too much.
Original post by Spaghetti
Women are free to do what they want, but it just isn't attractive to me. It's as simple as that, no need to argue. I'm sure my. Opinion is shared with the majority of males on this forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very reasonable, and I agree.

Women are free to be as hirsute as they wish to be (or not).
I am free to, personally, find hirsutism unattractive.

Of course I accept that hirsutism can also be a medical condition.
Reply 49
Some of those legs are almost as hairy as my legs...

But saying that, I wouldn't say it was anymore vile/disgusting than men's leg hair/body hair.
I feel sick.
Original post by No Man
Some of those legs are almost as hairy as my legs...

But saying that, I wouldn't say it was anymore vile/disgusting than men's leg hair/body hair.

Wow you have almost no hair on your legs

Posted from TSR Mobile
I personally shave my legs because I prefer how they feel and look, but I see why women would not want to shave and I respect their right not to shave. However, Tumblr has a very annoying habit of making a mountain out of a molehill and turning a simple, personal choice into a big issue that is THE biggest issue of our time. That's why I deleted my damn account because they make such a hoo-hah over something so petty and tiny, it gets on my nerves.
Original post by yo radical one
It's one of those things

If you want to not shave your legs, buy 12 cats and die alone that's fine, it really is your choice. Lots of men get fat, wear trenchcoats, fedoras and cargo shorts and spend all their lives gaming, but it's not something you should take pride in or turn into a social movement.

Because not shaving your legs automatically makes your face ugly, takes away all your intelligence and makes you a horrible person. In short, not shaving your legs makes you completely unattractive in every possible way.

Is that seriously what you're saying? There is more to finding someone attractive than whether or not they shave their legs.
Reply 54
Hair on a girls legs is just gut wrenching.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Because not shaving your legs automatically makes your face ugly, takes away all your intelligence and makes you a horrible person. In short, not shaving your legs makes you completely unattractive in every possible way.

Is that seriously what you're saying? There is more to finding someone attractive than whether or not they shave their legs.

Guess so

:wink:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't suddenly lose attraction for a girl for not shaving her legs once in a while, but if I saw a girl I didn't know, who didn't shave her legs, I would assume she takes very little pride in herself and before you start moaning that I am sexist, I hold men to the same sorts of standards.
**** you guys if you're horrified by women being positive about hairy legs how the hell will you react to this?

bethany-townsend-poses-colostomy-bags-bikini.png
Reply 57
Original post by brendonbackflip
**** you guys if you're horrified by women being positive about hairy legs how the hell will you react to this?

bethany-townsend-poses-colostomy-bags-bikini.png

Lol you're just reaching so much, aren't you.

Are you going to post a picture of a bald cancer patient next and tell us we wouldn't take too kindly? :rolleyes:

Don't compare women who can't be bothered to shave their legs to women who suffer from Chrons Disease.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StevieA
It is vile.

well I think that's the attitude they're tying to tackle mate

you just gave purpose to their whole cause
WHY?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending