''like a girl'' is not insulting to girls Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    (Unless hands touch)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Is hands a euphemism?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHyoudon'kno)
    What do you mean it's their natural state?
    All those things are affected by the shape of women's bodies, low natural muscle mass, higher body fat %, lack of testosterone, low upper body strength etc. They can't help it. Literally everything from hormones to body fat to shape to average height is related to producing offspring and caring for them, it's like a perfectly adapted machine built by evolution. The same way men's bodies are adapted to fighting , hunting, running etc because of more test, more muscle, being taller, stronger, more agile, better spatial ability, faster reactions, thicker skin (literally and metaphorically ) stronger bones , ligaments and joints etc etc . There was even a recent study that said men's faces adapted to taking punches.

A few years ago I saw something funny but very telling on another forum, a guy bet 2 much younger and in shape girls he'd outrun them over 100m or so. They must have been 10-15 years younger, jogged and went to gym constantly while the guy was pretty much obese. He beat them like it was nothing, one fell flat on her face and the other finished way behind. I wish I could find the YT video. Actually TYT did something similar for a longer distance and the fat older guy (by 15-20 years) won by miles. He beat 2 fit , much younger girls with ease, this is one of the vids :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    All those things are affected by the shape of women's bodies, low natural muscle mass, higher body fat %, lack of testosterone, low upper body strength etc. They can't help it. Literally everything from hormones to body fat to shape to average height is related to producing offspring and caring for them, it's like a perfectly adapted machine built by evolution. The same way men's bodies are adapted to fighting , hunting, running etc because of more test, more muscle, being taller, stronger, more agile, better spatial ability, faster reactions, thicker skin(literally and metaphorically ) stronger bones , ligaments and joints etc etc . There was even a recent study that said men's faces adapted to taking punches.

A few years ago I saw something funny but very telling on another forum, a guy bet 2 much younger and in shape girls he'd outrun them over 100m or so. They must have been 10-15 years younger, jogged and went to gym constantly while the guy was pretty much obese. He beat them like it was nothing, one fell flat on her face and the other finished way behind. I wish I could find the YT video. Actually TYT did something similar for a longer distance and the fat older guy (by 15-20 years) won by miles. H e beat 2 fit , much young girls with ease, this is one of the vids :

Women are designed to take more pain than men. WTF are you talking about? Women can be stronger and physically better than men.

Soz, mate. Cba to watch the video.

ReputationRep:
    Women are designed to take more pain than men. WTF are you talking about? Women can be stronger and physically better than men.

Soz, mate. Cba to watch the video.
    Every study I've seen has shown that men handle pain better. Have a look:

https://www.google.ro/?gws_rd=cr#q=m...pain+tolerance

And just because 2 or 3 in 100 women are stronger than the average man doesn't mean jack ****. They are simply the exception that proves the rule. Otherwise we wouldn't need to separate sports and 15-16 yo boys wouldn't piss all over the best adult female athletes. Decent amateur men would be the best athletes in the women's competitions. Athletic clubs around the UK have better records than the female world records.

http://www.norfolkaaa.co.uk/asp_pages/news.asp?type=3

2 average/skinny guys beat the world's strongest woman:

You are out of your mind if you think women are anything like men.

ReputationRep:
    you people need

Spoiler:
    Show
    to get out more

ReputationRep:
    Every study I've seen has showed that men handle pain better. Have a look:

https://www.google.ro/?gws_rd=cr#q=m...pain+tolerance

And just because 2 or 3 in 100 women are stronger than the average man doesn't mean jack ****. They are simply the exception that proves the rule. Otherwise we wouldn't need to separate sports and 15-16 yo boys wouldn't piss all over the best adult female athletes. Decent amateur men would be the best athletes in the women's competitions. Athletic clubs around the UK have better records than the female world records.

http://www.norfolkaaa.co.uk/asp_pages/news.asp?type=3

2 average/skinny guys beat the world's strongest woman:

You are out of your mind if you think women are anything like men.
    What makes you so sure about that?

15/16 yo boys are immature.

Lol. Maybe the strongest woman was on at the time.

ReputationRep:
    What makes you so sure about that?

15/16 yo boys are immature.

Lol. Maybe the strongest woman was on at the time.

US and Sweden are 2 of the best female teams in the world. Yet this happens :

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/...usmnt.1939180/

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/...ys-odp.929075/

A comfortable 5-0 win for the boys which, had it not been for Hope Solo winning at least 5 1v1s against one particular forward, it could/should of been 8 or 9
    The USWNT scrimmaged against the U-17 USMNT yesterday and was beaten 8-2
    Within 30 minutes, the boys had plucked one goal from the women, despite Sundhage asking the AIK under-17 team to take out one of its defenders and play with only 10 players on the field, reports the tabloid Aftonbladet.

The AIK boys ending beating their older, female colleagues 3-0
    http://www.thelocal.se/20130116/45646

Women are not made for sport, end of.

ReputationRep:
    US and Sweden are 2 of the best female teams in the world. Yet this happens :

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/...usmnt.1939180/

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/...ys-odp.929075/

http://www.thelocal.se/20130116/45646

Women are not made for sport, end of.
    Harsh words. Couldn't give a damn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    I'm sure you'd be annoyed if someone said you looked like a man.
    Please take several seats. You're commenting for the sake of commenting.
    Your point doesn't even make sense in relation to what I said.
    #bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    Please take several seats. You're commenting for the sake of commenting.
    Your point doesn't even make sense in relation to what I said.
    #bye
    Makes perfect sense. You said being compared to a woman shouldn't be a bad thing.

But if you were compared to a man in appearance you'd probably be offended.

ReputationRep:
    Makes perfect sense. You said being compared to a woman shouldn't be a bad thing.

But if you were compared to a man in appearance you'd probably be offended.
    Erm no...I said being compared to a woman IS a bad thing. Bore off.

ReputationRep:
    Erm no...I said being compared to a woman IS a bad thing. Bore off.
    You can't be serious. How stupid can one person be?
    The fact that men are offended when being compared to a woman is offensive to women. Why is being like a woman a bad thing?

Please don't embarrass yourself with these questions in future and use google.
    Thanks.

lol. k

ReputationRep:
    The fact that men are offended when being compared to a woman is offensive to women. Why is being like a woman a bad thing?

Thanks.

lol. k

Ew seriously what are you even on about? Stop trying to sound intelligent and stop picking arguments.

ReputationRep:
    Ew seriously what are you even on about? Stop trying to sound intelligent and stop picking arguments.
    lol.

ReputationRep:

Thanks.

lol. k
    I meant bad in the sense that we shouldn't compare men to women because it's offensive to women.
    I didn't mean it was a bad thing in the sense that a man should be offended if he is likened to a woman.

ReputationRep:
    "You throw like a girl" may be statistically correct, but that doesn't mean it's inoffensive. What is so hard to grasp about that?

A while back there was a thread (there have been many, take your pick) on here about how statistically, due to their biological make-up, black people are more violent than any other race. With that in mind (whether it's true or not, this isn't the place to discuss it nor do I care to discuss it because quite frankly, I don't give a toss about such bull**** segregationary nitpicking) you could say "you've got the anger issues of a black person" and be (if the above is true) statistically correct. But that doesn't mean it's inoffensive.

The reason it's offensive is simple; it makes it out as if there is some kind of "fault" (in the above two cases it gets put down to genetics which are beyond our control, so you're basically saying "you throw like someone who is genetically inferior") with the object of comparison (be it a member of any given sex, race, whatever). I don't get how it isn't offensive?

I'm not going to lie, I've used the "throw like a girl" phrase countless times throughout my youth. My father would say it to me when applicable, and I would repeat it to my peers. However, seeing as my current girlfriend is somewhat big on feminism, to save starting an argument over something as remedial as this (despite all I've said, the issue is kinda irrelevant as far as life goes) I've been saying "you throw like someone who's been in a coma for 5 years" :ahee:

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.