The Student Room Group

Do you need a degree in maths to become a maths teacher?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by yo radical one
They'll tell you it is

:wink:

so biology is a mathsy degree as it contains statistics:biggrin:
Original post by cchocolate
lol so if i dont have a degree n the subject i wanna teach i wont look that talented right

are we still talking about private schools ? i am sure they could spot a winner even if you did not have a piece of paper to show them.
Reply 42
Original post by the bear
are we still talking about private schools ? i am sure they could spot a winner even if you did not have a piece of paper to show them.

yeah private schools, yh and losers, thanks anyways:smile:
not a silly question, people must be like why on earth would u study biology at uni and consider teaching maths lol
its because i find maths easier than biology and can explain it better to others than explaining biology as its fixed methods whereas biology is more wide, also when i imagine teaching, i see myself in a normal classroom not in a lab with experiements and if i were to become a biology teacer that would mean teaching bio chem and PHYSICS (ARGH) up to year 9 which i would be hopeless at and wouldnt enjoy
however biology fascinates me more than maths

The general science teaching isn't strictly true, I know some schools do that but most don't
Reply 44
Original post by Clarinet
The general science teaching isn't strictly true, I know some schools do that but most don't

really? oh thats a relief, maybe will teach biology just want to make sure that i have plenty of options after my degree
really? oh thats a relief, maybe will teach biology just want to make sure that i have plenty of options after my degree

Yeah, I'd do a biology degree if that's what you enjoy the most :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest