Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unaware of what ACCA is all about? Want to study ACCA?..HELP thread!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MahmoodReza)
    Remember the exams are only one part, you still need 3 years relevant experience on top

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I want to become a qualified chartered accounted as soon as possible. I'm currently studying economics and accounting at Brunel. To my understanding they offer 6-8 exemptions for ACCA. What do you suggest i do to quicken the process?, how do you gain experience?.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist2)
    cbe paper based?
    CBE stands for Computer Based Exam.
    So, CBE is not paper based exam.
    I do CBE.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhassan)
    I want to become a qualified chartered accounted as soon as possible. I'm currently studying economics and accounting at Brunel. To my understanding they offer 6-8 exemptions for ACCA. What do you suggest i do to quicken the process?, how do you gain experience?.
    In order to gain experience, you must obviously secure a job which allows you to undertake what, ACCA deems to be relevant work experience. 36 months' experience is required.

https://nationalcareersservice.direc...red+accountant

ReputationRep:
    Sena5 is correct, though that job does not have to be with a firm of AC, it can be in industry, public sector, voluntary sector etc {{ACCA call it PER).
    A small point but in the world of AC a chartered AC is strictly speaking a member of ICAEW, the only way to become one is to get a training contract with a firm of chartered AC, ACCA (my body, my firm is an ACCA practice)! is a chartered certified - more flexible in how to qualify

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    CBE stands for Computer Based Exam.
    So, CBE is not paper based exam.
    I do CBE.
    meant to right cbe or paper?so whats the process?I have to ge to a cbe centren and apply?or can it be done online?
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    meant to right cbe or paper?so whats the process?I have to ge to a cbe centren and apply?or can it be done online?
    I do CBE.
    Here is a List of CBE Centres
    Yes you have to contact your CBE centre for about the exam application. CBE exams are online exams and PBE exams are only paper based! That is the difference.

CBE exams are meant to be only online based exams. PBE exams are meant to be only [b]paper[b] based exams.

To have deeper understanding of CBE exams look here - CBE Exam Format, Preparing for CBE, CBE Specimen & Related Resources and Progression Information for CBE Students
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Sena5 is correct, though that job does not have to be with a firm of AC, it can be in industry, public sector, voluntary sector etc {{ACCA call it PER).
    A small point but in the world of AC a chartered AC is strictly speaking a member of ICAEW, the only way to become one is to get a training contract with a firm of chartered AC, ACCA (my body, my firm is an ACCA practice)! is a chartered certified - more flexible in how to qualify

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is an ACCA Career Website which posts vacancies. You could also see vacancies relevant to the study field to work at. It is not necessary to work under ACCA registered Employer. 3 years Practical Experience Requirement [PER] is necessary from an employer in this study field.
    ACCA Careers
    ACCA Guardian Jobs Web
    ACCA Total Jobs Web
    ACCA Deloitte
    National Careers Service
    ACCA KPMG Careers
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

IMPORTANT CHANGES TO CBEs

In February we contacted you to let you know that changes were happening to the computer-based exams (CBEs) to improve the way we examine the Foundation-level awards, that’s FA1, MA1, FA2, MA2, FAB, FMA and FFA in your market.

As of 1 January 2015 these papers will ONLY be available as CBEs. This means that the last time you can sit any of these exams by paper will be at the December 2014 session. You can continue to register for the paper exams up until the 8 November 2014.

How do these changes affect me?
    These changes will have no impact on your studies, computer-based exams are simply another way to sit your exams and there are real benefits to sitting exams by this method. Unlike the paper-based exams, computer-based exams allow you:

Flexibility– you can sit exams at any time of the year, so there is no need to wait for the June and December exam sessions. Plus there are no restrictions on the number of times you can re-sit the exams by CBE.
    Instant results – no need to wait for the paper-based results in February and August, your results are displayed on the computer screen at the end of the exam. These are then uploaded by the licensed CBE centre to your myACCA account within 72 hours.
    Convenience - as the exams can be sat on demand throughout the year, you get to control your studies and have the potential to work through the qualification more quickly.

There are lots of resources available to you to help you transition to CBEs, including Practice Tests, which replicate the CBE environment and help you identify your strengths and weaknesses before you take an exam. Visit our website to access resources.

So, when you are ready to sit your next exam, you should consider sitting them by computer-based exam. It’s really simple:

find your nearest computer-based exam centre by looking into the link - List of CBE Centres
    Contact them directly to arrange a date for your exam and to make payment
    Turn up and sit your exam and get your instant result, it’s that easy.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    WANT HELP WITH YOUR ACCA EDUCATION? LOOK HERE!!!

ACCA Study Help Centre- NOTES, LECTURES, EXAM TIPS AND SO ON ALL STUDY MATERIALS..
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    CHANGES FOR THE DECEMBER 2014 ACCA EXAMS

Click this link

ACCA

Changes for Paper F1

Changes for Paper F2

Changes for Paper F3

Changes for Paper F4

Changes for Paper F5

NO CHANGE for Paper F6

Changes for Paper F7

Changes for Paper F8

Changes for Paper F9

Changes for Paper P1

Changes for Paper P2

Changes for Paper P3

Changes for Paper P4

Changes for Paper P5

NO CHANGE for Paper P6

Changes for Paper P7
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    LSBF College is online today! Any questions regarding courses at ACCA and about LSBF appreciated.

(Original post by LSBF)
    x
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't ACCA appear on the ACCA Tuition Centre List website?
    (Original post by LSBF)
    x
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    See my last post here. LSBF is online. Any questions can be asked to the LSBF College.
    (Original post by LSBF)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

For anyone who’s interested in entering the accountancy industry, we would like to recommend a recent report that we produced in partnership with accountancy job site GAAPweb after a survey with 149 employers in the UK

Just a few interesting points from the report:
    - 46% of employers place importance on a professional qualification when looking for entry-level candidates.
    - 73% rate previous work experience as “extremely important” or “important”
    - 88% employers stated that communication skills are regarded as the most useful attribute, closely followed by people skills and teamwork (84%).

The accountancy industry is a major contributor to the economy and in 2012 there were more than 165,000 students registered with accountancy bodies in the UK. If you are interested, LSBF and GAAPweb’s Industry Report; ‘What do Financial and Accounting Employers Want?’ can be accessed here: http://bit.ly/LSBF-GAAPweb-Report

If you have any questions, we will be more than happy to help.

Best regards,
    LSBF Social Media Team
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSBF)
    Hello everyone,

For anyone who’s interested in entering the accountancy industry, we would like to recommend a recent report that we produced in partnership with accountancy job site GAAPweb after a survey with 149 employers in the UK

Just a few interesting points from the report:
    - 46% of employers place importance on a professional qualification when looking for entry-level candidates.
    - 73% rate previous work experience as “extremely important” or “important”
    - 88% employers stated that communication skills are regarded as the most useful attribute, closely followed by people skills and teamwork (84%).

The accountancy industry is a major contributor to the economy and in 2012 there were more than 165,000 students registered with accountancy bodies in the UK. If you are interested, LSBF and GAAPweb’s Industry Report; ‘What do Financial and Accounting Employers Want?’ can be accessed here: http://bit.ly/LSBF-GAAPweb-Report

If you have any questions, we will be more than happy to help.

Best regards,
    LSBF Social Media Team
    Nice. Hope you get questions here.:hugs:
    I have asked a question above.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see LSBF trying to restore a damaged reputation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are only allowed to ask questions to LSBF directly here, not allowed to comment on universities.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi MahmoodReza,

If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to drop up a private message and we will do our best to address it as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    LSBF Social Media Team

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,

As you are already studying towards an accountancy degree, it might be worth it for you to consider the CIMA qualification, rather than ACCA. While both are equally recognised and respected by employers internationally, the CIMA qualification provides you with management skills which could benefit you by providing you with a wider range of career prospects.

You are already acquiring essential accountancy skills, so the managerial skills provided by the CIMA qualification would complement your CV and probably help you to become a more adaptable professional.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
    LSBF Social Media Team

ReputationRep:
    Hello Sena5, my apologies re my comment - I was only trying to put a context & background to the message, but point taken. To LSBF, thanks for the offer but not needed

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.