Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favourite foods/drinks that you can't get in this country? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larissa14)
    Toostie pops from America . You can easily buy toostie rolls from shops like Asia but I can't find toostie pops anywhere even in though American candy shops ? Can someone tell me why you can't get them in the uk?
    As in the lollies? The American sweet shops near me sell them, the grape ones are amazing

ReputationRep:
    it's available in a couple of places in the UK but probably at a ridiculously inflated price, unlike in Germany

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleighisonfire)
    As in the lollies? The American sweet shops near me sell them, the grape ones are amazing
    Yeah the lollies .Really? The ones nears me don't How much are they.
    Yeah the grape are nice and then you have the chewy chocolate centre , yum
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I must stop reading this thread. There are so many things I really want to try now...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the lollies .Really? The ones nears me don't How much are they.
    Yeah the grape are nice and then you have the chewy chocolate centre , yum
    Yeah they sell them around 30-50p each

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they sell them around 30-50p each
    Wow, so cheap.
    the American candy store near me is massively overpriced. Jelly belly (my favourite brand of sweets ) sell dr pepper jelly beans £4 a packet but normal flavours in tesco are about £2 a packet. Not really worth it though.

Where is the shop, I NEED to visit it, lol

ReputationRep:
    Wow, so cheap.
    the American candy store near me is massively overpriced. Jelly belly (my favourite brand of sweets ) sell dr pepper jelly beans £4 a packet but normal flavours in tesco are about £2 a packet. Not really worth it though.

Where is the shop, I NEED to visit it, lol
    Jelly Belly costs £3.50ish in the American shop near me but the lollies are cheaper. I sadly still buy them and they have a Jelly Belly pick and mix! Anyway the shop is in Leeds

ReputationRep:
    BNBN's are back so I'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    Jelly Belly costs £3.50ish in the American shop near me but the lollies are cheaper. I sadly still buy them and they have a Jelly Belly pick and mix! Anyway the shop is in Leeds
    The lollies are not as nice as the beans.
    do they sell chewing gum . There is the chewing gum called mentos aqua kiss . I suggest you try it if you can find it anywhere, so much better than the chewing gum you get in the uk .

ReputationRep:
    The lollies are not as nice as the beans.
    do they sell chewing gum . There is the chewing gum called mentos aqua kiss . I suggest you try it if you can find it anywhere, so much better than the chewing gum you get in the uk .
    I'm not sure honestly, I don't go in that often. They have an online shop or if you live in York or Leeds they're the only cities they have shops in. http://candyhero.com/

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure honestly, I don't go in that often. They have an online shop or if you live in York or Leeds they're the only cities they have shops in. http://candyhero.com/
    No they don't . I don't live any where near they shops sadly . Gutted. I love foreign sweets more than British sweets, lol

ReputationRep:
    No they don't . I don't live any where near they shops sadly . Gutted. I love foreign sweets more than British sweets, lol
    Aww, always the online shop though and the jelly belly are cheaper than I thought. Same to be honest

ReputationRep:
    A fruit from Bangladesh called Amra. Its one of nicest fruit I've ever had, quite tangy! You can find people selling these on a stick in the streets.

Having one of these on a hot summer day with salt and chilli powder lightly sprinkled on top is just simply amazing! :drool:

I crave it every now and again but you can't get it over here :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I should start a business selling food that we have here in the states. As for me, I love wispa bars. And flakes. And Cadbury in general. I really want the oreo dairy milk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemothefish19)
    A fruit from Bangladesh called Amra. Its one of nicest fruit I've ever had, quite tangy! You can find people selling these on a stick in the streets.

Having one of these on a hot summer day with salt and chilli powder lightly sprinkled on top is just simply amazing! :drool:

I crave it every now and again but you can't get it over here :cry:
    haha they are really nice!!! It's really salty though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    I must stop reading this thread. There are so many things I really want to try now...
    Isn't that the point?

Check out cyber Candy or Amazon for most of these things. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Salty Watermelon! This stuff is legit. And really refreshing. Tastes exactly like the name. It really is the refreshing taste of summer.

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Peanut butter M&Ms are what I'm craving atm

And these things:

I've not found an alternative that tastes just as good and I think Blackacre can agree with me :coma:

(Original post by blackacre)
    x
    Am I right or am I right?

(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Salty Watermelon! This stuff is legit. And really refreshing. Tastes exactly like the name. It really is the refreshing taste of summer.

Salty Watermelon :erm: Not sure what scares me more, the fact that it's Watermelon (which I can't stand ) or the salty element

Although thinking about it, it's like when you have salted caramel in that the salt can really compliment the sweet flavour in my opinion :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I frequently hear about how good Taco Bell is in the USA. I'd really like to try some tbh.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    In Spain, I do recall having really creamy and heavenly chocolate and vanilla desserts. :sogood:

And in Spain, they sell Romano pizza - olives, ham and mushrooms. The entire pizza is amazing. You can't even get that quality in the UK with M&S!

And the pasta sauces - holy **** - the pasta sauces. Bolognese is really rich in flavour and so sweet in Spain, France and Italy. The pasta sauces in the UK are bland in comparison.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.