Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I play guitar and a bit of drums, bass and piano. I saw Framing Hanley on the Kerrang tour in 2011 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha cool man! I take it your a fan of then then :') if someone mentioned Jinmy Eat World I'd have the same reaction! LOVE them :3 I play guitar, piano, bass and sing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Brook Street. I'm a guitarist, been playing nearly 14 years, play a bit of bass too from time to time.

I guess there's quite a few guitarists on the course. Lots of Iron Maiden style harmonies to look forward to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't received an Email confirming my accommodation yet & I use to play trumpet but now i just create music on my computer with my Midi Keyboard and upload them. Also i've been rapping and writing lyrics since my GCSE music course

ReputationRep:
    Hey Owenb4 & James frost!! I'm in block B flat 4 in brook street :L and cool we are all multi instrumentalists and I saw Iron maiden at download last year it's was sooo epic :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I'm not a fan of Framing Hanley, I went for Good Charlotte, Four Year Strong and The Wonder Years haha. Love Iron Maiden, saw them at Download last year and Sonisphere last month

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha that was directed at kissarmy! But fair enough man :') I'd prefer Enter Shikari any day!! I haven't had time to go to festivals this summer!! Wanted to go to reading but there's always next year! Aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Last festival I went to was Download '09. Work and lack of funds have stopped me.

Is everyone going to the first freshers event on the 21st? Also Wheatus are playing the SU October 2nd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We should all get together and go to the events

ReputationRep:
    I second that Owen, work and funds :/ and which one is the event on the 21st? Aha WHEATUS!! So up for that! I didn't even know they're play the SU!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like a decent idea James G

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Enter Shikari are my favourite band second to blink-182, I would have seen Enter Shikari 23 times at Reading on Friday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    23 times!!!! Jeez man, I wish I'd seen them that many times :') I saw Blink at the venue in my home town Bournemouth, and I saw enter in Hatfield before they left for the USA :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I saw blink at the O2 and Brixton in 2012 and 2 weeks ago at both Brixton shows. I was at that Hatfield gig!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Epic man! :') and woah! Such a small world! I was in the mosh with a mutal friend who was not wearing her shirt.. Ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to interrupt but, just a quick question. On the course we are going to be using Pro Tools, Just wondering, has anyone used Pro Tools before?? I've used Logic, FL Studio and Studio one.

ReputationRep:
    I believe it is mainly Protools based... I have been taught in PT and have PT11 if you need any help man!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's pro tools I believe, I've used pro tools a lot. I did do the pro tools 101 but failed haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've heard Pro Tools is better than Logic, Is that true?? I mean Logic has a great interface which is easy to use but i've heard Pro Tools is better

ReputationRep:
    All the freshers events are being posted on the Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/bucksfreshers2014 and the SU's twitter. There's an Oktoberfest event in freshers fortnight which I am so going to.

I agree we should all meet up for the first night event. Cheap alcohol, like minded musicians, loud music. What could possibly go wrong? Let the good times roll.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.