The Student Room Group

More than a quarter of births last year were to foreign mothers

Scroll to see replies

My daughters mixed, so ****ing what if she isn't "white" racist cretins on here
Original post by JC.
No we don't.
We live in a largely segregated society.

If the b/s notion of "multiculturalism" actually existed there'd be a mix of people in mostly every area. The fact is people tend to live in little pockets with others who's beliefs and ideals are by and large the same.

Imagine emigrating to somewhere like UAE, wouldn't you mostly mix with British expats who share the same mother tongue & culture? A lot of the Spanish complain that brits segregate themselves in little pockets.
Original post by JC.
No we don't.
We live in a largely segregated society.

If the b/s notion of "multiculturalism" actually existed there'd be a mix of people in mostly every area. The fact is people tend to live in little pockets with others who's beliefs and ideals are by and large the same.

I see so little thought that has gone into your post

> cheap house prices
> same language
> humans like to group with similar people
> takes time to accumulate capital to move into 'white areas'
> structural barriers that preclude one from moving into 'white areas'
> why do non-white people need to live in the same areas of white people?
> where you live has no bearing on the level of multiculturalism a country has.
Reply 43
Original post by vickidc18
Imagine emigrating to somewhere like UAE, wouldn't you mostly mix with British expats who share the same mother tongue & culture? A lot of the Spanish complain that brits segregate themselves in little pockets.

In other words, given the choice, people do not choose multiculturalism and "diversity" and do not want multiculturalism forced upon them. Indeed 80% of the UK population want immigration reduced.
Migrants from other countries will never become a majority in European countries , because immigration will be restricted. Although i don't understand why you believe Multiculturalism to be such a bad thing.
Original post by thesabbath
Everyone understood what a Brit was in the 1950s. Now you may as well use the word "citizen", it has as much meaning. Me? I'm English. I expect the multi-kultists will work on destroying that identity next.

Brit is a nationality....the meaning hasn't changed
Reply 46
Original post by vickidc18

Absolutely. People gravitate to what is familiar and that's a trait the world over. Gravitating to what is familiar is the very antithesis of the myth that is "multiculturalism".
How many Africans would tolerate white people running their countries? How many Japanese people would endorse their becoming a minority within Japan? Or is it just white nations which need to become "multicultural"? Diversity is a genocidal scam against white people.

All of Africa was run by white people for hundreds of years, but you obviously don't have a problem with that.
Original post by JC.
Absolutely. People gravitate to what is familiar and that's a trait the world over. Gravitating to what is familiar is the very antithesis of the myth that is "multiculturalism".

read my post and explain why you think that people need to live in the same area for multiculturalism to truly exist
Reply 49
Original post by TheHammer
All of Africa was run by white people for hundreds of years, but you obviously don't have a problem with that.

Correct. However, those that do/did have a problem with it, are perversely the same people pushing multiculturalism in this nation as a jolly good thing along with the state dogma that you are a bigoted jackbooted racist if you do not tolerate it.
Reply 50
Original post by tehforum
I see so little thought that has gone into your post

> cheap house prices
> same language
> humans like to group with similar people
> takes time to accumulate capital to move into 'white areas'
> structural barriers that preclude one from moving into 'white areas'
> why do non-white people need to live in the same areas of white people?
> where you live has no bearing on the level of multiculturalism a country has.

Condescending, much?

As a general rule, the places were there has been a significant change in the racial demographic of the population are areas where the majority of the white population are very elderly.
Old peoples houses tend to be neglected and very dated in terms of décor. Consequentially, when they come up on the market they are cheaper.
Your poor pioneering immigrant thinks "ah, project house in a nice area" and they move in.
As the older white generation dies off a few more immigrants do the same.
The affluent white buyers don't bother buying up these cheaper houses because it's a combination of an area in decline due to the elderly not being bothered or unable to keep on top of maintenance until eventually it reaches a point where the prevailing attitude is "there's too many of them immigrants moved in round that area".

In 20 years your "nice white area" has degenerated into a rough area full of coloured faces or rough people renting off entrepreneurial landlords cashing in on the benefits system.

People take an interest in other cultures, sure, they just don't want it, by and large, on their doorstep, or, indeed, as their next door neighbours.
Reply 51
Original post by tehforum
read my post and explain why you think that people need to live in the same area for multiculturalism to truly exist

Are you implying that the multi-kulti are really trying to create in this country a microcosm of the world? With ethnic ghettos being representative of individual nations? Which is all very well, but where do the English fit in? They get marginalised in their own land to a handful of areas and are relegated to just one of manifold cultural identities? Doesn't sound to me like a very good deal.
The UK's population replacement program continues unabated:

MORE than a quarter of babies born in Britain last year were to migrant mothers, figures revealed yesterday.

The Office for National Statistics reported that of the 698,512 live births last year, 26.5 per cent, or 185,105, were to mothers born outside the UK.

In 2003 the figure was 18.6 per cent and only 11.6 per cent in 1990.

So........... what?
Correct. However, those that do/did have a problem with it, are perversely the same people pushing multiculturalism in this nation as a jolly good thing along with the state dogma that you are a bigoted jackbooted racist if you do not tolerate it.

That's quite interesting. If you can justify the colonisation of African countries by Europeans, aren't you a hypocrite for complaining about immigration into European countries? Surely, if you're OK with the former, you're in no position to make a moral argument against the latter?
Reply 54
Original post by TheTranshumanist
That's quite interesting. If you can justify the colonisation of African countries by Europeans, aren't you a hypocrite for complaining about immigration into European countries? Surely, if you're OK with the former, you're in no position to make a moral argument against the latter?

The former is denounced by anti-whites and Marxists as supremacy, imperial colonialism and is completely unacceptable, the latter is heralded gloriously as multiculturalism and diversity which only a racist extremist would not tolerate.

Perhaps you can make a case as to why this double standard is perpetuated.
Reply 55
Original post by SHallowvale
So........... what?

You're so indifferent to this finding that you feel compelled to tell everyone how zen and unconcerned it makes you. The State is delighted to inform you that you've satisfied its moral criterion, you are a good person with the correct views.
Original post by roseyd
Britain is the last nation to complain about multiculturalism. What did we do when we colonised and took power of countries like India, Kenya, Uganda, the US, Australia, New Zealand...and that's just naming a few!
Before starting such an ignorant thread, go study the history of the British colony. Britain already influenced the migration of people from India, East Africa, the West Indies, etc well before this century through being a colony.
You are complaining about a very small percentage of the entire UK population.

Best post in this entire thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by Mr.Intelligent
Best post in this entire thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The post was indicative of the appalling contradictions and doublethink engrained in the liberal mindset.

How can one simultaneously hold the view that British colonialism was wrong, and those countries proudly and rightfully sought to gain their independence, whilst conversely those people in Britain who don't wish their nation to be colonised are doing something controversial?
Original post by PythianLegume
Brits will never be a minority in the UK. White people could potentially be.

im curious what will happen if the uk dissolves.
theres a problem that countries where immigrants come from define nationality by jus sanguinis unlike the west. so im more likely to be called irish by a pakistani friend than an irish person themselves.
so i dont know if immigrant families would want to be thought if as english tbh
also that guy is nazi btw. ashkenazi means jewish in case ya didnt know.
You're so indifferent to this finding that you feel compelled to tell everyone how zen and unconcerned it makes you. The State is delighted to inform you that you've satisfied its moral criterion, you are a good person with the correct views.

Ok? If you say so.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Let me rephrase my question:

Why should anyone care that more than a quarter of births in this country are to foreign mothers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending