Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onestep)
    Yea there is always that risk, I think alot of people tend to move house again after the first year due to that reason. I guess all you can do is hope or move in with friends.
    Can you send a link of the one you found and if I like it maybe we can find someone else? I've also posted a new thread asking if any other mature students are looking to share a house

ReputationRep:
    I don't think driving in would be good, the car parks are always full. It's only a 5 to 10 minute walk for me to the uni so I'm lucky! Are you far away from the uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brionyybeee)
    Can you send a link of the one you found and if I like it maybe we can find someone else? I've also posted a new thread asking if any other mature students are looking to share a house
    Sure here's the link.

http://www.accommodationforstudents.....asp?id=117543

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soxtrot)
    Yes! I wont be the only OAP! Haha. I live in plymouth so its just a bus journey for me.
    Will probably pick Biology and Chemistry... Although Physics would probably suit what I want to do more.
    Yes if you get a shared house up Mutley or North hill you will be close to campus and nightlife. The room sizes are usually fairly decent as they are mostly old victorian houses converted into student lets.
    Onestep your 2 months older than me its a small victory but im taking it!
    Sweet! That just made my day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onestep)
    Sweet! That just made my day!
    Not sure what part, but glad I could help! Haha. What is it you plan to do for your degree?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Peeps! 15th of Aug we can enrol online. I called to ask if they had got anywhere with timetable and they said it would be available then. So soon now cant wait !

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what part, but glad I could help! Haha. What is it you plan to do for your degree?
    If possible I'll probably use it to get work down under. What about you mate?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Does anyone know what qualification ( if any) we will have after completion of first year? It's not technically a foundation degree. Am I making sense?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just to cheer you all up I'm doing extended since as well and according to this forum I'll be the grandad, still 29 till November :].live in Plymouth. After I want to go for ocean exploration so for first year I'll probably pick up chemistry and physics, but need some advice on that. Start of term is 22nd Sept. And on first season we have to decide what we will do after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_voyager)
    Hi, just to cheer you all up I'm doing extended since as well and according to this forum I'll be the grandad, still 29 till November :].live in Plymouth. After I want to go for ocean exploration so for first year I'll probably pick up chemistry and physics, but need some advice on that. Start of term is 22nd Sept. And on first season we have to decide what we will do after.
    Welcome! I will be 27 in Nov so not too far off you. I also live in Plymouth
    And I am also interested in ocean exploration. Can't make up my mind. I read in a recent email from the uni the induction timetable. I think we are supposed to pick what degree we want to progress onto and tell them in the first week? I might have been wrong. We also have to decide on out first day which 2 sciences we are taking.
    I think I'm going to pop along to the Plymouth uni information day this Sunday to talk to some of the course tutors. I think I need some more advice on what 2 sciences to take - never mind what degree to progress to after.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome! I will be 27 in Nov so not too far off you. I also live in Plymouth
    And I am also interested in ocean exploration. Can't make up my mind. I read in a recent email from the uni the induction timetable. I think we are supposed to pick what degree we want to progress onto and tell them in the first week? I might have been wrong. We also have to decide on out first day which 2 sciences we are taking.
    I think I'm going to pop along to the Plymouth uni information day this Sunday to talk to some of the course tutors. I think I need some more advice on what 2 sciences to take - never mind what degree to progress to after.
    As far as I understood them you're right.
    Could you please post here what they told you, as I can't attend because I'm off to Scotland for a week? And maybe guys from Plymouth would you like to meet before freshes and have a chat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_voyager)
    As far as I understood them you're right.
    Could you please post here what they told you, as I can't attend because I'm off to Scotland for a week? And maybe guys from Plymouth would you like to meet before freshes and have a chat?
    Ok no probs hopefully I will get some of my questions answered. Yes it would be good to all meet up before freshers week and grab a coffee?
    I have just read the induction notes and during freshers week we get a chance to discuss module choices. And we only have to pick our initial degree choice.
    maybe il just wait until freshers then

ReputationRep:
    hey, i'm taking extended science this year too, hopefully to go onto marine biology. Decided id prefer to take an extra year in Plymouth than the shorter course in Portsmouth, i'm 18, don't suppose anyone will be around my age? or is everyone a few years above?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by max_mkay)
    hey, i'm taking extended science this year too, hopefully to go onto marine biology. Decided id prefer to take an extra year in Plymouth than the shorter course in Portsmouth, i'm 18, don't suppose anyone will be around my age? or is everyone a few years above?
    Hey I'm taking this course this year too and I'm 18 was going to do a gap year but literally decided on Monday to do the course this year instead!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6816olivia)
    Hey I'm taking this course this year too and I'm 18 was going to do a gap year but literally decided on Monday to do the course this year instead!
    Woo! Glad I'm not alone, had a thought I might be the youngest of the group, *relief*

ReputationRep:
    Woo! Glad I'm not alone, had a thought I might be the youngest of the group, *relief*
    Haha! What sciences are you thinking of doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6816olivia)
    Haha! What sciences are you thinking of doing?
    I was thinking, biology and chemistry and hope;ugly swap over to geology, still not quite sure how it all works, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking, biology and chemistry and hope;ugly swap over to geology, still not quite sure how it all works, yourself?
    Yeah I'm planning on doing chemistry and biology aswell! I was going to go to the open day thing today to see if they could explain it a little bit more but I have work so I'm hoping for something in the post to come soon

ReputationRep:
    You missed nothing at the open day - it was a hopeless waste of time! It was more for clearing students I think. And there was nobody around to talk to about our course

ReputationRep:
    You missed nothing at the open day - it was a hopeless waste of time! It was more for clearing students I think. And there was nobody around to talk to about our course
    Go team!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.