Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    If it helps the Air con in TSR towers is really nice. I'm a perfect temperature right now.

Was too hot when i went out at lunchtime though. :yep:
    that's where all the cool people are

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    bear™ has removed all his garments :fan:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Today:

Work+Fast+Grocery shopping+long bus trips+traffic+little children sitting next to be= death

-this is dinas spirit typing
    Was driving for 10 hours from Helmand to Kabul just last week, in the crazy heat and bad roads. Feel lucky with the terrain here in the UK.
    And fasting.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even think it's that hot to be honest:confused:

Maybe that's because I go the gym everyday and sweat like crazy so I'm used to it..

Plus it was actually raining yesterday...
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    26° C

:sogood:

I'm slow roasting in my room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    Am I the only one sitting comfortably without any fans, air cons or windows open and not sweating? :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I'm just like you atm and perfectly fine ohh and fasting too :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilawar)
    Was driving for 10 hours from Helmand to Kabul just last week, in the crazy heat and bad roads. Feel lucky with the terrain here in the UK.
    And fasting.
    :OO your Afghan! so am i!

ReputationRep:
    Only reason it's hot is because I decided to go outside. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    :OO your Afghan! so am i!
    Oh nice to meet you, fellow Afghan :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's weird to see you all considering 25-30 temperatures as "melting" hot.

ReputationRep:
    Chilling out in the sun with some shades and a Galaxy tablet listening to Yahtzee19's Lets Drown Out Youtube series back to back.

Sun always makes your outlook on life more positive.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to fall asleep earlier today around noontime for a few hours when the sun was out and then realised that I am sunburnt on the face, arms, chest and legs. Forgot to wear sunscreen too.

It feels itchy atm and can definitely see the sunburnt skin and the difference with the non-sunburnt skin.

I don't think I've ever been sunburnt before as my skin is pretty good at handling sunlight.

Does anyone know how long it will take to completely heal ? Does it just gradually go or peel off ? Does it go back to completely normal ?

I've learnt my lesson and will be extra careful in the future, but honestly, does this mean I'm likely to get skin cancer in the future ?

ReputationRep:
    Benefits of being someone whose always cold is when it's this kind of temperature I'm nice and comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinchonamedic)
    I managed to fall asleep earlier today around noontime for a few hours when the sun was out and then realised that I am sunburnt on the face, arms, chest and legs. Forgot to wear sunscreen too.

It feels itchy atm and can definitely see the sunburnt skin and the difference with the non-sunburnt skin.

I don't think I've ever been sunburnt before as my skin is pretty good at handling sunlight.

Does anyone know how long it will take to completely heal ? Does it just gradually go or peel off ? Does it go back to completely normal ?

I've learnt my lesson and will be extra careful in the future, but honestly, does this mean I'm likely to get skin cancer in the future ?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+the+dur...nburns+last%3F

ReputationRep:
    I went to Italy in Easter and it was hotter, but I have some friends in BORDEAUX at the moment and it's crept into the 40s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinchonamedic)

Try taking a cool shower. You should put on some aloe vera gel or moisturiser on to try and minimise peeling, I like to put my body lotion in the fridge so when I apply it it's nice and cooling. You've exposed your skin cells to radiation and so there is an increased risk of skin cancer so just make sure you're safe in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    Try taking a cool shower. You should put on some aloe vera gel or moisturiser on to try and minimise peeling, I like to put my body lotion in the fridge so when I apply it it's nice and cooling. You've exposed your skin cells to radiation and so there is an increased risk of skin cancer so just make sure you're safe in the future.
    It'd also be worth mentioning that their chance of obtaining skin cancer in the foreseeable future isn't determined by past Sunburns. Unless we're talking days/weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magistl)
    It'd also be worth mentioning that their chance of obtaining skin cancer in the foreseeable future isn't determined by past Sunburns. Unless we're talking days/weeks.
    How do you mean ?

As in the fact that I've had it this once increases my chances substantially ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magistl)
    Really? I always heard that skin cancer risk increases if you were sunburnt severely during your childhood and adolescence?

ReputationRep:
    The weather has been fantastic today and long may it continue.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.