Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this girl stronger than you? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In One Ear)
    You can't say that for sure really. Whilst shes in fantastic shape and did some pretty impressive things in the vid for a girl, all she really demonstrated was exceptional grip strength:weight ratio and good pulling strength. Girls have much weaker upper body pressing strength (even factoring in for weight) than guys...such that a 1x BW bench for a girl is probably around the same difficulty as 1.5BW for a guy. So given that she probably only weighs something like 50kg anyway, that would be asking for 10xBW (or ~10x 1.5BW for a guy!). How many guys can do that? Not many, even if they regularly train for it, and practically none who don't specifically train horizontal pressing frequently.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she can squat more than 70kg*10, but that is MUCH easier for a girl to accomplish than 50kg*10 on the bench. Bench is also probably not a strong focus of her training if shes into all these obstacle courses either because quite frankly its not very useful for completing them most of the time!

Also being light and small helps massively with these things- remember how easy it was to swing around on monkey bars as a young kid? I could do that with ease when I was like 8-10 years old and now even though im literally 4-5 times as strong I find it much harder!
    Ok, so we both agree that she can do the squats pretty easily.

The bench would probably be close you're right but judging by the size of her arms and the muscular endurance she's displayed with those rings i reckon she could. Most girls i know sturggle to do 1 or 2 pullups with their weak upper bodies and she's doing the equivelent of a good 10-20 with those swininging about she's doing so she clearly has much more upper body muscle than the average women, even those that train.

Oh, and i could never do monkey bars when i was a klid but can manage them now. Even though i'm like 84kg i was swinging about like a monkey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Ok, so we both agree that she can do the squats pretty easily.

The bench would probably be close you're right but judging by the size of her arms and the muscular endurance she's displayed with those rings i reckon she could. Most girls i know sturggle to do 1 or 2 pullups with their weak upper bodies and she's doing the equivelent of a good 10-20 with those swininging about she's doing so she clearly has much more upper body muscle than the average women, even those that train.

Oh, and i could never do monkey bars when i was a klid but can manage them now. Even though i'm like 84kg i was swinging about like a monkey.
    Haha, thats odd, I've had the opposite experience then. Even in my young teens I used to be able to climb vertical poles easily using only my arms (no leg contact). I could probably still do that though- will have to test .

I'm not denying she has exceptional pulling strength for a woman, I'm just saying that doesn't necessarily carry over to horizontal pressing very much, and 10*~BW on the bench is a big ask for a woman. You can quite easily get very good at hanging/pulling/swinging and still have **** pressing strength if you rarely train it... All I'm saying is we can't really tell from what she displayed in the video if she would have that sort of pressing strength.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.