Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LetMeTakeASelfie)
    Yeah that's a really good idea, I know you are right!! Sometimes they.are a waste of time, good stuff, omg it wasn't the displacement one was it, yeay exact same as me I think 18/20

i counted mines and i think i got 17or18/20 and yes it was the displacement one, i couldnt figure that one out haha .. that was a tricky little bliter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsisannoying)
    i counted mines and i think i got 17or18/20 and yes it was the displacement one, i couldnt figure that one out haha .. that was a tricky little bliter.
    Thats great, I know nightmare, I just put 0 and moved on :L, sounds like you have an A

ReputationRep:
    Thats great, I know nightmare, I just put 0 and moved on :L, sounds like you have an A

i hope so, you too! - there was a few at the end as well but i think it was Alright, i would be happy with A/B, i think business was easiest exam though.

ReputationRep:
    i hope so, you too! - there was a few at the end as well but i think it was Alright, i would be happy with A/B, i think business was easiest exam though.
    :-), thanks, yeh Physics is a great one to get a Higher in, aww never sat that, would u recommend the Higher

ReputationRep:
    :-), thanks, yeh Physics is a great one to get a Higher in, aww never sat that, would u recommend the Higher
    100% its a great higher, i wouldn't say it was my favorite, i usually like maths/physics but i just enjoyed that exam because there is no real answer as long as it has a knowledgeable answer whereas its either right or wrong in maths/physics if you get what i mean? but definitely give it a try!

ReputationRep:
    Not really put much thought into this yet... that will probably change soon though.
    Its always great seeing all the results day noobs :colone:

ReputationRep:
    100% its a great higher, i wouldn't say it was my favorite, i usually like maths/physics but i just enjoyed that exam because there is no real answer as long as it has a knowledgeable answer whereas its either right or wrong in maths/physics if you get what i mean? but definitely give it a try!
    yeah it really is :-), me too!! Yeah I get you, haha I will do, might chuck one of they advanced highers, you actually sound like the male version of me :L
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Meeee!! are youuu
    Sadly my last SQA results day was last year :/ But I might stay up till 3/4ish for moral support

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As long as I at least get AAABB for my Highers I'll be over the moon as I'll have the minimum requirements for the degree I want to do

Maths and Computing were fairly easy, Physics was a bit of a challenge, Chemistry was nice for a chemistry paper and English was a pain in the tushie

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be my first results day so I'm worrying a little bit haha but I think I done quite well. I'm just scared that I thought I done really well and I'll get bad results :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackamakka)
    As long as I at least get AAABB for my Highers I'll be over the moon as I'll have the minimum requirements for the degree I want to do

Maths and Computing were fairly easy, Physics was a bit of a challenge, Chemistry was nice for a chemistry paper and English was a pain in the tushie
    what degree you wanting to do and do you think you have an A in maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleymacleod)
    This is going to be my first results day so I'm worrying a little bit haha but I think I done quite well. I'm just scared that I thought I done really well and I'll get bad results :/
    Did you do Nat 5s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pennyarcade)
    Not really put much thought into this yet... that will probably change soon though.
    Its always great seeing all the results day noobs :colone:
    What highers did u sit

ReputationRep:
    What highers did u sit
    Sciences, Maths and English. Fun fun fun

ReputationRep:
    Sciences, Maths and English. Fun fun fun
    how did u find maths

ReputationRep:
    how did u find maths
    Easy. Higher Maths is essentially a glorified memory test with little to no problem solving whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    Easy. Higher Maths is essentially a glorified memory test with little to no problem solving whatsoever.
    Could you not say that about all Highers though haha? Was a much harder paper than normal

ReputationRep:
    Could you not say that about all Highers though haha? Was a much harder paper normal
    Well yes, but it is much more noticeable in Higher Maths. My other Highers had problem solving questions (which actually arent the same every year) where you had to apply your knowledge. Maths, however, was just filled with KU meaning that if you learned the course well you could at least make a good effort with every question.
    I think the paper was fine this year.

ReputationRep:
    what degree you wanting to do and do you think you have an A in maths?
    I'm hoping to do Maths and Physics at Glasgow. I think I have an A in maths, unless I didn't remember anything correctly from the exam when I went over the paper with my teacher. She was really great and had worked us really hard to get an A in Higher so I'll be disappointed if I don't as it's my best subject.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh lucky you!! what course you wanting to do?
    Biomedical Engineering :cute:
    Only two places in Scotland that run the course though (

btw have u heard the reason why the exam was supposed to be particularly hard
    It's because it was a new team writing the papers after the fiasco last year. So it was just a different writing style/type of questions which no-one was able to be prepared for beforehand.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.