Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The Picture of Dorian Gray > Dorian Gray (2009)

ReputationRep:
    Golden compass was such a horrible film :/

Alex Rider - storm breaker was a pretty good book, appalling film however.

ReputationRep:
    I know the hobbit has changed a lot the bit with tauriel and killi was just whyyy . But apart from rhat I like the changes . I cant read the hoibbit witth out getting starving because of how much billbo thinks /complains about food and im geussing we're going actually see the battle of 5 armies all the way through instead of billbo getting knocked out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Watchmen was a beautifully written and drawn graphic novel. The film however was a pile of steaming dog ****.
    I watched it without reading it and thought it was reallly good.did any plot points change?

ReputationRep:
    I remember going to see My Sisters Keeper and thinking "WTF?!" in the cinema. It was awful.

ReputationRep:
    totally agree with My Sisters Keeper, the film was awful but the book was so good! Also The Other Boleyn Girl, I though the book was one of the best I'd read and then the film was boring and slow and did not live up to it at all.

ReputationRep:
    The Firm by John Grisham
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Original post by Captain Jack)
    • The Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman >>> The Golden Compass
    • City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
    • The Lovely Bones
    • Percy Jackson
    • The Host by Stephanie Mayer
    • Eragon
    • My Sister's Keeper
    • The da Vinci Code
    • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows and the 8th film..
    • Watchmen
    • The Hobbit
    • One Day
    I actually liked the way they turned the book into the movie.

ReputationRep:
    ---

ReputationRep:
    Twilight series were so slow and The girl with the dragon tattoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenfish)
    Golden compass was such a horrible film :/

Alex Rider - storm breaker was a pretty good book, appalling film however.
    This. Such a good series as I was a teenager but the film was beyond shocking.

ReputationRep:
    I think the film of The Great Gatsby with Leonardo di Caprio was quite a poor recreation of the book. I mean..at Gatsby's parties they were playing JAY Z!!!! Really film makers, really?

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix.

This was my favourite book out of the whole Harry Potter series, and usually the films had been very good and accurate representations of the books. I literally couldn't wait for The Order of the Phoenix film to come out.

So, there I am in the cinema, I'd booked my tickets in advance just to make sure I got in, arrived really early to get good seats, got my popcorn and my coke, nearly squealing with excitement.....

and then the film started. It. was. utter. garbage.

I don't know if they had a different director or something, and I get that the fifth book is pretty long so there's a lot to try and fit in a film, but, seriously? Did not do the book justice at all.

And although I liked film six, seven, and eight, I still don't think they were anywhere near as good as the first four.

ReputationRep:
    The Golden Compass and Percy Jackson were amazing books, but the movies....eugh...sorry, give me a minute to regret every second of me sitting at the cinema, shaking my head in denial the whole way through the movies.

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with the Hobbit being on the list. I struggle to understand why people can't accept that it is not just the hobbit book, it's also material from other of Tolkien's books and some padding to connect more to the film version of the LOTR. I think it has a lot of positives... Bilbo and Gollum, Smaug and Bilbo really stand out. That said I was disappointed with the third hobbit movie - probably because there's not enough of Freemans Bilbo.

I'll probably go with Golden Compass as well... I actually liked parts of it but it was a big let down overall - should have been a great movie.

ReputationRep:
    Eragon
    I like the books, but the movie was horrible, even if you didn't read eragon it probably sucked

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie10)
    Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix.

This was my favourite book out of the whole Harry Potter series, and usually the films had been very good and accurate representations of the books. I literally couldn't wait for The Order of the Phoenix film to come out.

So, there I am in the cinema, I'd booked my tickets in advance just to make sure I got in, arrived really early to get good seats, got my popcorn and my coke, nearly squealing with excitement.....

and then the film started. It. was. utter. garbage.

I don't know if they had a different director or something, and I get that the fifth book is pretty long so there's a lot to try and fit in a film, but, seriously? Did not do the book justice at all.

And although I liked film six, seven, and eight, I still don't think they were anywhere near as good as the first four.
    I completely agree with this - the Order of the Phoenix was my favourite Harry Potter book and an absolutely awful film. The only bit of it that was bearable was Ginny.

ReputationRep:
    I'll add another vote for Northern Lights- I can't even bring myself to watch all of the film version, it's too bad!

I will also add another to the list: Captain Corelli's Mandolin. A really beautiful book about war and love, while the film is a big pile of crap with Nicolas Cage as the main actor?!?! :confused::mad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.