Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I just graduated with a media and cultural studies degree, AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    OP, pepper your angus
    (Original post by bertstare)
    I could learn that **** on the internet in half an hour

Are you guys implying her degree is useless? You're probably one of those kids who think engineering and maths students are smarter and have better job prospects. :rolleyes:

Just ignore them op , gz on you degree! Do you have a job , do you still live at home?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the mickey mouse degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    OP, pepper your angus
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    Thank you, come again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is cultural studies interesting? I'm starting sociology and cultural studies in September.

ReputationRep:
    Were you aware of the difficult job situation in the media sector before you started your degree?

would you have done a different degree or not done one and got a job after a levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Why did you want to go into accounting? It's seems a bit unusual for doing media if you wanted to get into accounting.
    I wanted to do accounting when I was a child. I was kinda given the idea again.

(Original post by hihoho)
    So you're essentially going to become a prostitute.
    I don't need to whore myself for money since I don't really need the money.

Thank you, come again.

(Original post by StevieA)
    Are you guys implying her degree is useless? You're probably one of those kids who think engineering and maths students are smarter and have better job prospects. :rolleyes:

Just ignore them op , gz on you degree! Do you have a job , do you still live at home?
    I don't have a job yet but fingers crossed I'll get one soon.

I don't live at my parent's home. I live with my husband.

(Original post by Stuffme)
    Congrats on the mickey mouse degree
    Thank you, come again.

(Original post by Lone tiger)

(Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Is cultural studies interesting? I'm starting sociology and cultural studies in September.
    It is but depends on the case studies.

(Original post by Maker)
    Were you aware of the difficult job situation in the media sector before you started your degree?

would you have done a different degree or not done one and got a job after a levels?
    No I wasn't aware. I didn't do any research on media prior to me applying. It was a last minute thing after I refused to go into the course I was originally accepted in.

I was going to do ancient history and archaeology. My parents have some friends who promised to help me get a job in archaeology but as I said I change my mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, come again.
    I can only *** once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihoho)
    I can only *** once.
    Then you really shouldn't be admitting to that then shouldn't you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    I could learn that **** on the internet in half an hour
    Cold world
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Banana Milk or Strawberry Milk or Chocolate Milk?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

What are you political leanings ?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Cats or Dogs?

ReputationRep:
    Could I have fries with that?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Do you prefer Ice Lollies or Ice Cream?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    which university did you go to? and if you could go to a different uni which one would it have been?

ReputationRep:
    I think its terrible people are mocking your degree, its a totally legitimate degree and has a place in the modern world due to the amount of media we see everyday. I feel it unfair people are pressured into doing more intellectual degrees when their interests and skills are in maybe a less traditional degree. Best of luck with the future!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a "similar" (master) degree at KCL (Arts & Cultural Management), and although I was accepted, I was really insecure about the prospects in the area, so I deferred. I chose to do another program for now, but I'm still curious about it, the modules were really interesting. But it seemed like a course without a very clear structure, with kinda diffuse purpose. Do you agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wee.Guy)
    Cats or Dogs?
    Cats defintely

(Original post by Harvey Dent)
    Could I have fries with that?
    You should watch your weight.

(Original post by Brit_Miller)
    Congratulations
    Thank you!

Do you prefer Ice Lollies or Ice Cream?
    Ice cream

where are you from?
    Wales

(Original post by maryamzahid)
    which university did you go to? and if you could go to a different uni which one would it have been?
    I went to University of the Arts London. If things were different and I did a different course, I would have wanted to go to Exeter.

(Original post by jimbo007)
    I think its terrible people are mocking your degree, its a totally legitimate degree and has a place in the modern world due to the amount of media we see everyday. I feel it unfair people are pressured into doing more intellectual degrees when their interests and skills are in maybe a less traditional degree. Best of luck with the future!
    Thank you! Obviously I agree with you but sometimes I can't really blame people as not many understand what the degree is all about. Sadly the world we live in judges the book by it's cover. Media is a lot more than what people can see.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.