Where would you rather live, Las Vegas or Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you rather live in Las Vegas or Riyadh
    Las Vegas
    60.78%
    Riyadh
    39.22%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khallil)
    Appearance is easily modifiable. Can't what's inside change?
    nop:dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    Sexual attraction is an integral part of romantic love. You can't pretend it isn't. Love without sexual attraction is simply platonic. You may as well just marry a man.
    im not gunna marry u kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    im not gunna marry u kid.
    Wow your enlightened Muslim intelligence is really shining through there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mubariz)
    Respect doesn't mean equal rights. They respect women, they don't make them into sex objects
    so they are forced to not be (what you personally view misogynistcally as) sex objects and thus liberated from their liberty lol wow, boy...so really what you're saying is "women are too stupid to know what to do in terms of their appearance in society, therefore, men should control them, because they're better/smarter etc. lol wow that's extremely respectful...and "respect doesn't mean equal rights" okay then, respect can mean anything in your parallel world then...

No it isn't but liberty is freedom. all states are free to an extent, one could argue the US to not be entirely free for people as with any country
    I was talking about a liberal democracies (america), not dark age monarchistic tyrannical despotic intolerant regimes, being the standard of free...if a standard of liberty is that you can live your life without having much hassle from a government (provided it does not infringe the liberty of another) like in the western world (at least in a lot of the western world) then saudi arabia offers basically next to nothing, comparatively

"western technology" is based on middle eastern advancement before, doesn't matter lol
    the middle east barely did anything really, though. sure, they did some things (e.g. algebra), but, come on, you're massively over-exaggerating this; europe (and some might say america) buried the middle east in terms of actual technological and intellectual innovations

They stone men for adultery too (or Islam does)
    wow, that's surely something that supports your argument that saudi arabia is a good place to live - we kill *everybody* from non-violent/physically victimless acts, not just women

Do not blame Islam when it is men who have made mistakes implementing it
    it's just funny that wherever it *is* implemented, life is a hell hole for most people, especially women and children

ReputationRep:
    Wow your enlightened Muslim intelligence is really shining through there.
    lol, i just had enough of your stupid arguments.

If looks are so important to you then why don't you marry a man that looks 10/10 when he dresses as a woman?

thats the kind of **** i've had to put up with when arguing with you lol.

ReputationRep:
    lol, i just had enough of your stupid arguments.

If looks are so important to you then why don't you marry a man that looks 10/10 when he dresses as a woman?

thats the kind of **** i've had to put up with when arguing with you lol.
    Well, I would do if I liked him and I was very attracted to him.

ReputationRep:
    so you're gay?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Neither tbh but if I had to choose, Las Vegas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so you're gay?
    No. Gay men aren't attracted to guys that look exactly like 10/10 women, funnily enough, because they're attracted to men that look like men.

I hope this isn't too complex for you. Let me know if it is.

ReputationRep:
    Riyadh.

That makes it 50/50

ReputationRep:
    Riyadh

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick Riyadh. Las Vegas is nice for a summer break, but I wouldn't want to actually live there. It seems like more of a holiday resort than an actual city. Plus you don't have to pay tax, as a foreigner living in Riyadh. The lifestyle for an educated professional seems to be very affluent. I'd also personally feel a lot more safe from things like crime or racism in Riyadh.

I doubt I'd be able to cope with the climate of either place though...

ReputationRep:
    Wow some of y'all haven't even lived in Riyadh and you passing your opinions on it like you have been living there your whole life.

My own choice: I really don't know unless I go there and check it out myself.

ReputationRep:
    No. Gay men aren't attracted to guys that look exactly like 10/10 women, funnily enough, because they're attracted to men that look like men.

I hope this isn't too complex for you. Let me know if it is.
    Too complex, can you explain more simply this time please?

ReputationRep:
    how can people seriously choose Riyadh over Vegas?! please do correct me if im wrong, but don't women get punished simply for reporting rape? or something like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    Riyadh

Aside from lawless countries like Somali, the US would probably be the last place I would ever want to live or be

Decant. Cultureless. Wasteland.
    And Riyadh isn't? :laugh:

I would still rather live in Riyadh though as I get the impression it is like a gated community with no crime, anti-social behaviour etc and also it is such a disgustingly rapacious place there is no tax to pay on your salary. Vegas by contrast is crime-ridden, noisy, there is tax, and so forth. For a visit though, of course Vegas is better, it actually has some culture to it unlike sterile Riyadh.

ReputationRep:
    Respect doesn't mean equal rights. They respect women, they don't make them into sex objects

No it isn't but liberty is freedom. all states are free to an extent, one could argue the US to not be entirely free for people as with any country

"western technology" is based on middle eastern advancement before, doesn't matter lol

Good argument

They stone men for adultery too (or Islam does)

Do not blame Islam when it is men who have made mistakes implementing it
    I did not say anything about Muslims or Islam, something on your mind? Nice justification, the victim will be stoned, but thats okay because the man will get stoned as well, that makes it all alright.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Not sex objects, just objects.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    lol u need to step up your trolling game, that was a 2/10.
    I love how you said you'll meet a beautiful wife. How would you even go about "meeting" her? You can't talk to women and you'll probably have to buy her or get an arranged marriage, hardly "meet" like you said in such a Western way.

ReputationRep:
    Yes love this

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.