Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your IQ? Watch

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arithmeticae)
    Funny how the little blue sign above my username become invisible

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe he couldn't see it or he thought you were kidding, being called a girl isn't too bad :rolleyes:

Edit:
    (Original post by Astrtricks)
    The latin group 1 ending can only ever be a feminine noun hence your username is feminine so I assumed you are. The ending a 'ae' ending is only ever in the genitive or dative singular of group 1 and even though. Arithmetica does occur in group 2 neuter (I think this is irregular) with the plural genitive being orum; ae simply can only be feminine. :cool:

So if you are a man the correct name is 'Arithmetici' but that would be neuter; which is as close as you are going to get.
    ^^ and there is your explanation... Although the blue sign would have told you earlier instead of studying the linguistics of the name?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie !)
    So basically, you have no clue! Haha. You should take a test!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which test did you use?
    I did one and it asked me to use my email address! So annoyed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Her...? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The latin group 1 ending can only ever be a feminine noun hence your username is feminine so I assumed you are. The ending a 'ae' ending is only ever in the genitive or dative singular of group 1 and even though. Arithmetica does occur in group 2 neuter (I think this is irregular) with the plural genitive being orum; ae simply can only be feminine. :cool:

So if you are a man the correct name is 'Arithmetici' but that would be neuter; which is as close as you are going to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrtricks)

It's gender neutral anyway, at least in the context I meant it.

Funny how you go into an in depth analysis of my username but miss the blue sign above it...

ReputationRep:
    It's gender neutral anyway, at least in the context I meant it.

Funny how you go into an in depth analysis of my username but miss the blue sign above it...
    Don't know why it doesn't display

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    lol u lot got integer values...wut? Mine was way more accurate, 192.16811 to be exact :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, people think I'm abnormal when I tell them and that I must be socially akward. Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Intelligent)
    Yeah, people think I'm abnormal when I tell them and that I must be socially akward. Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mr.Intelligent, what do you study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGear)
    Mr.Intelligent, what do you study?
    Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    IQ is BS my personal opinion

ReputationRep:
    Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No surprises there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGear)
    No surprises there
    I suppose

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got an IQ of 81, apparently I'm destined to be a builder or factory worker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serebro)
    I've got an IQ of 81, apparently I'm destined to be a builder or factory worker.
    And what would you like to be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    IQ is BS my personal opinion
    I don't know; everyone has their opinion on it though.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, no you just live up to your name!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Which test did you use?
    I did one and it asked me to use my email address! So annoyed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I used something like www.iqtest.com ( might not have been that exact address, though ). It did ask for my email address to send me my results, but I didn't want to not get my results after spending so long on the many, many questions!

ReputationRep:
    And what would you like to be?
    A translator, teacher abroad or diplomat, believe it or not.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I used something like www.iqtest.com ( might not have been that exact address, though ). It did ask for my email address to send me my results, but I didn't want to not get my results after spending so long on the many, many questions!
    Ah that's the one used! I was so annoyed when I finished. I don't want to get more spam emails :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arrow900)
    I was trying to be ironic by miscalculating the increase in my IQ score but I guess that sort of went over everyone's head. Maybe I am a genius.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I didn't give it any thought. Not that much of a difference really, 2, so doesn't stick out; but now I see it its funny :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.